Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#676 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 1:20 PM
Hmmm, now that I've submitted my entry, I'm thinking of discarding it and submit something else altogether. Oh well...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#677 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:39 PM
@Yogi-Tea I have to say, I love everything but the living room.

It just seems so out of place with the monotone compared to the rest of the house....

And here's some pics of the house I'm TRYING to upload, won't load the page, and give to everyone.

Front of house

Kitchen and Bar

Living Area

Bathroom

Bedroom

Study/Reading

Floor Plan

I hope it's good.
Lab Assistant
#678 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:08 PM Last edited by BGatot : 6th Aug 2010 at 3:44 AM.
Weeaboo, is that some kind of school? lots of little kids outside! Or just a family with quadruplets?

Anyway, I'm thinking about replacing my entry with this one:

Forum Resident
#679 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 3:12 AM
Argh last week of this. I am feeling sad in my heart now lol.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#680 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 3:40 AM
So which one do you guys think is better? Only 5 hours left! Hurry!

Already entered entry

I'm gonna put more pictures for the second one.
Lab Assistant
#681 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:07 AM
I would definately stick with the one you entered earlier. Both inside as outside I like that one better.

Btw where did you get those vintage cars from?
Lab Assistant
#682 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:41 AM
I don't know about the finned 50's one, I just suddenly noticed it among my sea of CC cars! But the woody wagon is from the Romanza set, I think. I'll find out where that 50's one come from.
Lab Assistant
#683 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:45 AM
Oh, the "retro ride" (the 1950's car) is from the Dr. Pepper collection.
Lab Assistant
#684 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:08 AM
Thanks, I'll check them out now.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#685 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:31 AM
Yay! Submitted R4! After 14 hours of straight simming I am done! Although I might still edit pictures, especially the back garden view. Now I can focus on my RL house and enjoy my sister's visit without trying to get up while she is still jet lagged and squeeze in a few hours! Good luck to everyone else as the week goes by!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
#686 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:57 AM
@BGatot: Aww, thank you for that lovely compliment. I've never been to Asia and I have never built an asian themed house before - got several pictures from the internet and tried to build it as authentic as possible. Well, at least it's something very different from what I build usually.
Even though I love the new r3 house you did, my favourite is still "The Pale Green Mansion" - you shouldn't replace it by the new house, it's a lovely and homely house. However, your new house it also great - I very much like the brownish-colour and the friendly look. I like the middle-part most with all the glass and the plants in there.

@Bchbch_Walk: Whoa, you're really fast! It's amazing what you came up with for round 4 - I like that spooky look of your house. Too bad that the chimney can't be recoloured - it looks so strangely new compared to the house. However, what you could do is to use "moveObjects" and exchange this chimney-outside-part with the other (metallic round) chimney-outside-part. Sorry, don't know how to say that in english. There's another chimney that looks a bit different (not with bricks) - I think it would fit better to this house - I did so for my "Paul's Villa" post (see signature).

@Nightlight: OMG, that sounds terrible. I'm so sorry that you lost your entry. It's alot of work to re-install everything. Good luck.

@Weeaboo: Thank you. You're right, the livingroom is somehow different from the rest of the house. To be honest, I was running out of ideas how to decorate the room.
I like your r3 house - especially the bath (with all the blue parts) - can't really see what you did with the "hole in the foundation" because it's so little in the floorplan. Could you please add another picture for this part? I'm curious to see everyone's solution for this part of the lot.

@Kaospilot: Thank you, I'm glad you like it. The pattern... it should be part of either the base game or at least one of the add-ons. I had some custom patterns installed a while ago but deleted those before I re-installed the game (after the last computer crash). I'd be surprised if you downloaded this one from anywhere ... don't tell me you download patterns from the exchange that are nothing but recoloured ea patterns?

@all: Doh! This r4 foundation is so simple that it is already difficult to build something that is everything but not simple. Very tricky!

Good luck to all of you and have fun!
Lab Assistant
#687 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:38 AM
Thanks for your advice, Yogi-Tea. From what I've heard so far I think I'm gonna stick with the "Pale Green Mansion". The end is very close now anyway.

So you've never been to Asia? Heh I live there! Though Asia is a huge continents that encompass many different areas that people usually left off when they think of "Asian". The Indian subcontinent for example. Or Middle East. Or even Siberia and a large chunk of Russia! I suppose "Chinese" or "Japanese" or "Korean" themed house is probably a more accurate term for your house.
Forum Resident
#688 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:57 AM
Oh, I'm done. I feel so accomplished, though I hardly know why. I'm so glad this is done. Now I'm off to bed. I'll worry about Round 4 in the morning.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
The other one
#689 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:13 AM
Ditto Lifeslover....so glad it's over I kinda rushed it in the end but I don't have to worry about it anymore so Yay! Oh, I didn't get to do my gif (animated pic to show the fish and bubbles moving in the aquarium)...apparently it's not something you can just teach yourself to do 5 mins before uploading the pics I did try for about an hour but gave up in the end, couldn't figure out how to save it with the animation

Well, good luck everyone

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#690 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:36 AM
Absolutely amazing entry, Missroxor! You might win this one yet! The wavy roof and that structure in the backyard is awesome. And the aquarium, of course!
Field Researcher
#691 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:46 AM
Default My house for foundation 3
I'm not officially in the contest, but Ive been building for each foundation just for fun.

For foundation 3 I built a ranch style house. For the lowered part of the foundation I put in a TV room.

The house has 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths and a small laundry room.

I didn't use any CC.

On to the pics.

Streetview:

Layout:

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Back:

TV Room:

Dining Room:

I didn't get as creative with the split level area as many of the entries. This looks to be a pretty tough contest. Good luck to all the contestants and to the judges.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Lab Assistant
#692 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:00 AM
Yay, the Foundation 3 contest has just been closed. Looks like your entry's the last one in, Missroxor! Talk about cutting it close... :D
#693 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:09 AM
Just popping in to say that the houses for round 3 are just stunning - you've all worked so hard and the creativity is incredible - you're all winners! Good luck to all for round 3 scores and I am really looking forward to seeing the round 4 houses
Field Researcher
#694 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 11:33 AM
@Yogi-Tea I just put my couches and TV there. It's actually really nice. Plenty of room down there too.

Should have seen the house I had earlier. The one wall was purple to add more color! xD
Field Researcher
#695 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:11 PM
Maybe EA actually did something good for once? :3
Inventor
#696 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:17 PM
Well let me tell you I was having a helluva time last night. I had in mine a funky colorful scheme for the interior and while I loved the colors it just wasn't working and it was kind of an eyesore so I went a different direction especially in the living room and kitchen. However I don't like the exterior so I'm not posting pics of it. Cause I may wind up starting all over.
What a headache lol
Here's some interior preview shots though.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#697 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:24 PM
@Greenlea - Those look awesome!

I love how they look open but they really aren't.

I'm especially loving the bedroom.

Nice color scheme.

But I'm thinking, those two lights, why not move them apart more?

Like, move the plant to the other side of the bed and put the light to the left?

Because if it turns night time, the lights would be bright and the room might not be as lit as you'd like.
Inventor
#698 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:32 PM
These ARE just work in progress pictures.
Not real concerned with it since I'll likely start over. I detest the outside lmao
Probably will use the same decor when I start over. Fairly certain of that.
I had put the arch up before I ever began the decorating as well lol

Top Secret Researcher
#699 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:43 PM
Don't discard too much though. I love that brick wall as it's modern yet not sterile!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#700 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:47 PM
Oh yeah I'm keeping that too lol
Maybe I can just make adjustments here and there to make the outside look better.
It's killing me lol

Page 28 of 39