Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#776 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM
Much better BGatot! That light blue color of the house and the white details is so ...sweet Like LifesLover says, there is a stone fence that you can recolour that might fit better.

Muha, 666th post

Oh and I just noticed all the gnomes I put around the garden has been running around while I was taking the pictures Like the one on the table in the garden overview, haha.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
The other one
#777 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Haha. Yea I've been trying with rain but it ends up like 2 lots away in the neighbourhood

I had the same thing when I tried using rain but then I think I figured out the problem. I could be wrong but it seemed to me that it doesn't matter where you place the fog emitter because the rain appears just in front of wherever your camera happens to be. Maybe it was just coincidence in my case but I managed to get rain for my R2 pics working to this logic

Also, I had the same issue with random floor/ceiling tiles appearing in odd places when I was making R3 house (I used a lot of CFE )...it's part of the reason I took so long completing it. I didn't find a permanent fix for it but I found a temporary fix that enabled me to take pics: I couldn't delete those tiles so I just leveled them out and when I went back into live mode they dissapeared. Unfortunately after a while in build they would come back but I don't know which tiles were the original borked ones I probably won't upload that house because of it

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Top Secret Researcher
#778 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 12:40 AM
If you want to I recommend you just delete each piece of tiles that you have painted under (like all of 2nd floors tiles with furniture and all, after all youre not saving!) "move" the lot but just click on where it's currently at and then see if it's gone. Elimination process I found out that mine was because of a piece of roof, under the foundation tiles, what the..

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#779 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:05 AM
Thanks guys .Fragglerocks,love the waterfall .I never knew how to build one...Abd BGatot,try using the moveobjects cheat to remove the chimney,it might look better .
Forum Resident
#780 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 4:24 AM
Awww you guys have made some awsome things, I am so jelouse lol. And I better get my butt into gear, I have no days off untill friday so I only have 2 hour evenings....

My fairy house may need some cc lol.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#781 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:14 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! It is much appreciated. I'll try some other fence for the top of the chimney.

Heavensent, as far as I know, once you move the lot to a bigger one it is permanent, unless you have a copy in your residential section of edit town. Unfortunate, I know! There should be a way to move a house to smaller lots if it fits. I'm hoping someone out there knows the trick to do it.
Lab Assistant
#782 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:44 AM
I finally relented and use CFE to create quarter-height walls to cover the chimney emitter, specifically its red brick portions! Love the chimney top itself and its blowing smoke, though.

Red brick part of the chimney be gone!

Field Researcher
#783 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 11:18 AM
that looks so much better than the EA red brick!
Forum Resident
#784 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 11:58 AM
OoOoOo I just used CFE for the first time too. Make split stairs!!

Forum Resident
#785 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 11:58 AM

Instructor
#786 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox

How fun! I can't wait to see the results!

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Lab Assistant
#787 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:20 PM
!!!HELP!!!!

I finally finished my house and moved a few sims in to take the pictures and now all ceilings are black and distorted! Not simple black, but like a black void, no texture at all. Deleted all ceilings and roofs, redid the whole thing and...again lost ceiling textures! It looks fine in buildmode, but in lifemode it's all messed up!

Gonna take a break now before I decide to use the hammer of destruction on the whole house...

edit: no CFE used insde the house, only in the garden so that can't be the cause...I think.

Ah heck I fear I need to reinstall the game soon. Earlier most groundpaint looked all the same, had to restart the game to get it back to working again...and now this.
Lab Assistant
#788 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM
Fyendiar is there any way you could post a pic of the messed up ceiling to give us an idea what it's doing? Also I know you deleted the ceilings and roofs but have you tried adding and deleting a layer of floor on the level above the weird ceiling, or is that what you meant by deleting the ceiling?

I did had a similar problem with the terrain paint, one time a few of the dirt ones only showed up as asphalt, but that seemed to fix itself or at least I can't remember what I did besides loading into a different lot to check it and exiting / restarting the game.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#789 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:59 PM
Fyendiar
Might be something else, but before you reinstall and stuff, try taking the photos by being in the active floor. By this I mean, If you want to take a picture of the first floor, you need to actually be on it, with that floor being the selected one. If you put the house all floors and roofs up you get black ceilings. In other words, there cannot be a floor active above the one you wanna take photos of.

Very confusing I guess, but I can't explain it better.
Lab Assistant
#790 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 8:29 PM
Thanks Feldynn and Armiel, instead of an example of the messed up ceiling here a better one since Armiel's tip worked!

Thanks so much! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#791 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:09 PM
We all know the story of Hansel and Gretel, but did you know this part?

When the children found the little cottage in the wood it wasn't made of food and there lived a nice old lady. She gave Hansel and Gretel a friendly welcome and walked outside to get some food from her garden to feed the starving children. As she walked out Hansel noticed the huge fireplace in the kitchen and couldn't resist setting a fire. However as with many grownup things done by children it went horribly wrong!

The hunter, a good friend of the nice old lady happened by and ran in to put out the blazing fire!

However when he came in he saw that the poor old woman had tried to put out the fire herself, but Gretel tripped her as she came in!
The hunter didn't think twice and started spraying her with water.

And this is the moment the nice old lady became the nasty old hag. At this very moment she decided the children's faith we have been taught all these years...

edit:
I was so worried I had lost some changes I made when that fire started, but luckily only a rug got destroyed and I was fast enough to take some pictures.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#792 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:28 PM
Happy to help
A giggle-snort for your little story
Lab Assistant
#793 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:35 PM
The weird thing is that in the previous houses I went up to above the roof and then used the TAB camera to take pictures all around, this is the first house that gave me those black ceilings. That's computers for ya though, even when everything seems to be perfectly fine they often find reasons unknown to us to mess it up.

Anyway, thanks again Armiel.
Forum Resident
#794 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 1:54 AM
OoOOo nearly got 70 points which was my round 3 goal HARAAA. The next round is going to be a dud though I think lol. I have hardly any time, and I spent all last night trying to learn to do split stairs.

Mission on.

Fyendiar - that is so freaken awsome.
Armiel you house kicks ass!!! it was my round 3 personal Favorite

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#795 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 6:25 AM
Thanks Kayla :P
Inventor
#796 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:18 AM
Hey guys,i need a little help .I changed some things in my house,can you tell me if it looks better ?

I changed the door with a double door..

And i can't pick between curtains and no coutains .With it it looks a bit cluttered but without it it looks to naked...

With

Without

With

Without

Lab Assistant
#797 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:28 AM Last edited by BGatot : 10th Aug 2010 at 7:38 AM.
The new door looks good! As much for its glass area than the fact that it's a double door. Maybe you could try that door in the upper deck as well and see if it's better?

Not sure about the curtains though. I think you should keep the one in the bedroom and lose the one in the living room. Or maybe another style of curtains? I know EA's selection is sooooo limited! I can think of a few CC curtains that would be perfect! :D
Forum Resident
#798 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:59 AM
Anyone know where I can download a nice fairy sim, I don't have time to make one just thought one of you may know were these beauties are hiding!

Inventor
#799 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 8:12 AM Last edited by gabrielorie : 10th Aug 2010 at 8:44 AM.
Thanks .Do you think a green in the livingroom will look better?

Btw how much time do we have left?
Forum Resident
#800 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:28 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters...00&sec=00&p0=16

there we go its the timer on the 1st page of foundation thread:D

Page 32 of 39