Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 6:49 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 15th Oct 2012 at 7:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
It wasn't judged. No score, we just gave everyone feedback. That way it gives everyone a a better feel for what the judges are looking for

This means I had better go tweak the house they will award points to. Thank you for telling me why it was given feedback. I had friends from the UK site come over and look at it and they were hard on me. I explained I am new at this and they were still hard on me. lol So, I think I had better go fix the round one house a bit. Btw: You can tell who each judge is. lol

Edit: this also gives the judges some practice in giving feedback to these kind of entries. I'm new to contests and I'm stronger at making sims than decorating houses. I spent last night leaning how to create cosmetics and clothes. Very good tuts but there were a lot of steps for each thing I wanted to do. Made some awesome lipsticks and will be creating more for my game later today. I re-installed PSP7 and Super Blade Pro. They modded way back in the day with those. lol
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#302 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:00 PM
LOL I know, Lucia, Croutonian and I were just saying earlier that you guys could probably still tell I hope we weren't so hard on you. We're just here to help everyone.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#304 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder, HL. I did see it but was having issues with my internet and was going to add it to the first post later, and then total forgot! I'll get it in there right now
Lab Assistant
#305 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 15th Oct 2012 at 7:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
LOL I know, Lucia, Croutonian and I were just saying earlier that you guys could probably still tell I hope we weren't so hard on you. We're just here to help everyone.

Explaination For My Choices: For all of you, I personally like the huge, round stained glass window. It gives me some elegance and charm in that icky space. lol I know all of you liked it too, just not on this house in particular. The flowers were all my budget could afford that round, so no variety, sorry.

The window in the kitchen was placed there to give a cozy feel, instead of cold and calculating. The child's room had a crib.This was a nursery. The age of the child was never stated. There was a proper bed in the child's room for a baby's age. A cot here in the USA is a bed used in prisons and for guests who have no where else to sleep. Here they normally have wheels and can be folded and rolled back in to the closet. The water fall was my attempt to cover a very blank space. I panicked.

I have decorated this house off and on for almost a year, but in this contest we have rules we have to follow which make it hard to place certain items because they have a price tag. So, I have used cammerman mode and fraps on my round one entry and you will find no red on the photo's as I am using a mod to kill that. I appreciate the feedback, I just wanted you to understand my choices. I believe after round one is over, I will go for less is more, clean non cluttered rooms and an overall blah decorating style, which is definitely not me. lol I'm more of a gypsy with eclectic and even a bit of whimsy/whimsical styling. Garish if you will.

Jones I love the judge comment, you were absolutely correct. lol

Judges: I would like to thank each of you for taking the time to do this. I appreciate that you volunteered for this contest. Without you we could not have held it!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#306 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:22 PM
xXxDayDreamerxXx, wcif your living room lamp? Love that style.

Judges, thanks for letting me know I should prolly burn that gnome tp holder. I was also noticing a lot of people have an extra row of tiles in the master bedroom. What's going on there?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#308 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:55 PM
Phae, what do you mean about the extra row of tiles? I'm confused...
Field Researcher
#309 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:30 PM
Thank you jones and judges for the feedback. I've been having a look at the rest of Round1 entries, and it seems that most of as used the same stairs. I just hope judges won't get bored :D.
Field Researcher
#310 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Liv : 16th Oct 2012 at 4:14 PM. Reason: spelling :<
Oh, feedback! Thanks for that - reading that thing you have put your effort in is good always brings motivation and happiness!

And here's my version of Steve Jones' house
Simplicty is the best

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#311 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 9:03 PM
Liv WCIF those fantastic brick columns?!
#312 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 9:52 PM
Man, I am so slow today. I thought the feedback was for the Round 1 house and I was so confused, lol. Need.....more.....coffee. I was bummed about the lack of a living room as well, I admit I gave up on it at a certain point because I moved the kitchen and dining back and forth so many times, and couldn't figure out how to fit all three and still have room for the little simmos to walk around, haha. Gotta tighten up the ship. Thanks for the feedback, guys!

@Everyone:

This has definitely been a huge challenge in terms of budget for me too, since I always build without paying one lick of attention to cost. Now I'm clicking the 'lot value' button every five seconds. I don't feel too bad about cheap CC, since the majority of my really cheap stuff is clutter items. My tables, beds, etc., are pretty fairly priced, bordering on uber-expensive. I'm realizing how sparse my surfaces/comfort sections are, I've been downloading trying to get more variety in there and they've all turned out to be expensive items. I totally need to download from the Sim Dollar Store or something.

I have no cheap fences save some of the Maxis varieties and that is KILLING me in this contest, haha. All of my paintings/wall hangings seem insanely expensive too, and they're usually the last thing I put into my houses. I finally hit up the wall decor only to find my budget hath run dry. Definitely going to be re-thinking decoration method next round.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#313 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:13 PM
The feedback is great, I love seeing all the judges points. Also they are spot on about my siding not working. Painting the outside of a house has always been my weak spot for some reason. Glad they liked my use of colour, that pallet was meant to be turquoise, coral and yellow but of course limited as we don't have any create a colour tool for sims 2. I wish we could take a couple more photos, I had a toy giraffe on my entry house on the child's bed but I doubt it could be seen. I am a colour fan. I tried with the first round to be more conservative but I may have splashed out on the red too much-we shall see.

I agree Gloriana the budget is a huge challenge as is not moving doors and windows. I am also checking that lot button constantly.

Liv, I love your makeover! Are those columns cc or did you decide to take a point reduction and add some walls? Also that shower?

Also to whoever asked me to upload my round one house, I'll get onto that today-sorry.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:15 PM
I'm going to assume that since we already have over half the round 1 entries in, you all are loving my little contest and just can't wait to redecorate these dumpy little EAxis homes I'm really glad this contest is doing so well
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#315 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:29 PM
Very much so. As we are doing Pleasantview I've been trying to guess which houses we are going to do. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#316 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Liv, I love your makeover! Are those columns cc or did you decide to take a point reduction and add some walls? Also that shower?

I wondered about that too, but then I noticed in the top down view that they are brick on top too, so I assumed cc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#317 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:34 PM
I wanted to start a contest just like this but lacked time to run it. I've been wandering through Pleasantview today "undecorating" the lots while I wait for the next house to be announced. Sticking to the lower/mid priced ones of course.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#318 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:36 PM
So they are, good spotting. They look fantastic in that house.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:54 PM
I think those columns are from BuggyBooz's Niche and Nook set, here

I'm loving all the entries so far, I'm still working on mine, can't make my mind up for which family.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#320 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:55 PM
Link goes no where, Hencing...
#321 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:58 PM
@Liv I love your makeover too, and the use of the columns! I have those same ones and always forget they exist, they look perfect in there. The bathroom is just friggin' sweet too. Top to bottom, I love it.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#322 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:01 PM
I've been debating with myself ever since the first of BuggyBooz's nook sets came out to get them or not. Just there are so many files and my download folder is over 39,000 now and ready to explode.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#323 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:16 PM
OMG!!! I just went and looked at the entire nook collection (all 3 parts)...my jaw hit the floor! That's quite possibly the most incredible cc I've ever seen! Just looking at it I had an absurd amount of insane ideas swirling through my head. I'm almost afraid to download it for fear I'd never leave my computer again!
Lab Assistant
#324 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:16 PM
Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll read all of them and see the other entries again throughout the week, than you so much agan for all our time and patience to answer all our silly questions!

I must confess I thought they were about the round 1 entries. I saw it this morning, amazed by how fast the judges and all contestants were And in my feedback, judges 2 and 3 mentioned a blue kid's room and I spent the whole day wondering where they saw it, because I did the Gardener family and I was trying to figure out a polite way to ask Jones to check if my feedback was the right one Can someone please slap me once or twice?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#325 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:23 PM
The nook and cranny set is quite something if you haven't seen it before.

I don't think round one if shut yet lipe. *slaps with a wet trout*

~Call me Jo~

Page 13 of 45