Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:15 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm having trouble keeping up.

If I create "grandparents" in order to create recessive genes, is it necessary to keep them? I don't need them to be around for story purposes, even dead, I just want children to be able to inherit red hair despite having one dark-haired parent.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#127 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:53 PM
Here is the old creepy house I made. Maybe someone has another use for it?

I'm gonna try to build the library.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Really Old House.7z (664.6 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#128 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:09 PM
Simsfreq, in a regular CAS build, if you make a red haired and a black haired parent have a red-haired child, the black-haired parent will be given a red recessive.

When cloned sims are arranged in CAS families, however, this does not necessarily happen (it didn't when I screwed up Widespot and restarted with bodyshop clones if the sims I'd made in CAS) so the DNA will have to be checked and proofread in any case. So include that in the notes about the family's data, and it should be fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#129 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Here is the old creepy house I made. Maybe someone has another use for it?

I'm gonna try to build the library.

Ah! Sorry you didn't get the lot. I still included your name and this version of the lot in the first post though. It's a nice looking house.

The library is all yours!

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
It's a group of four young men sharing a house, all unrelated. I imagine them to be around 21, possibly college leavers, or just left home. They all have bios, personalities, outfits for each category and I can give you an overview of their interests and potential careers, too (it's okay if they start unemployed.) They could live in my apartment building or somewhere else (in any case, none of the apartments have four bedrooms, but they could always room share.) I don't mind building another house for them to live in. I've just let them have a bit of a run around in a blank lot and they're pretty fun to play the dynamics between them

I like your house, M.M.A.A! (Maybe they could live there!)

Hehe! Thanks! I was hoping to move in a family of my own, but it's ok if you find it fit for yours, feel free to move them in.
Mad Poster
#130 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:53 PM
Well I think that my four house sharers would really prefer a four-bed house, so if you have a family in mind, definitely put yours in there.

Peni - thank you for that, good to know. I'll check their genetics in SimPE and add the details to the document. Did you happen to know if the CAS clones keep their clothes for other occasions, or only their everyday wear?

Do we have a policy on what happens if two people accidentally create sims who are very similar?

I'm going to stop making families now (I have made two) because I'm having too much fun and worried I might get carried away... Should I do a preview on the thread, or keep it a surprise? I'm happy to make houses for both of them or they can live in somebody else's house. I need a fairly cheap four-bedroom for my house sharers, (I'd quite like to build this actually) and a smallish family house with either two or three bedrooms for the family. (Two would be torture for one poor sim, but in some ways the idea of this family spilling out of a too-small house suits them perfectly.)

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#131 Old 31st May 2015 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 31st May 2015 at 8:52 PM.
@simsfreq, if you want to do that, you can tell us what recessive gene your sim has and we'll add it to the sim.

@HugeLunatic Yours looks much creepier than mine. So, how about creating the twin of the old lady who lives there? Then, we would have two Mrs. Crumplebottom-ish sims and two creepy houses!

@applesauce58 That's great! Yay! I'm so glad!
I hope, your lot will install just fine and we'll be able to use your lot!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#132 Old 31st May 2015 at 9:14 PM
Here is the library.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Public Library.7z (654.1 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
#133 Old 31st May 2015 at 10:08 PM
I like the library! It looks nice!

Did you read my post about the two creepy houses?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#134 Old 31st May 2015 at 10:20 PM
@applesauce58 Try running AnyGame1 (or 2 or 3) as admin. In some cases, this needs to be done in order to work properly. But if you have just installed the base game only, then it shouldn't be a problem, actually.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 31st May 2015 at 10:34 PM
@Jawusa I tried running in administrator but nothing really worked i kept on getting the same error log about AGS not being able to find the Fullgame.id or something even like that though it was their in the EA Games folder in the first place. But tomorrow hopefully i will reinstall just the base game and everything will be functional. Am saying hopefully because tomorrow is my first day of my 5th year at secondary school so am might be too focused on that :D.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:36 AM
I have a dumb question. I need to know how to point SimPE at my AnyGame instead of my normal install, because I can't access Sim Surgery without opening the neighborhood in the neighborhood browser.

Am I making sense?

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#137 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 1:39 AM
@EmeraldFalcon Open the folder in your AGS for the hood and double click on the hood package and SimPE will open it up for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#138 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 3:12 AM
That worked! Thanks so much.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Trainee Moderator
#139 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 7:02 AM
@applesauce58 Just take the time you need. And good luck on your first day!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#140 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 12:28 PM
Ah! You just need to find the Fullgame.id and copy and paste it into your normal EA Games/TS2 folder. If your TS2 folder is named The Sims 2 Ultimate collection (tm) then it won't find it.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#141 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa

Did you read my post about the two creepy houses?

I did. If you want a second creepy house with a twin, go for it! I don't make sims, just thought since I made the lot I'd throw it out if you want it for the hood.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
At last it is done. I just completed one of the manors and now my hands hurt. I can assure this was completely made in BG so it shouldn't cause problems .

Edit: Some of the rooms are empty simply because am too lazy to fill them with stuff so it's up to the player to make something out of it.

Wow! Your house is huge and beautiful! Great work! Love the pool area!

BTW, when I went in to check it out, I noticed one of the gabled roof walls was left unpainted, thought you probably overlooked it:

So I just took care of it:

Hope you don't mind!

Anyways, I also built the last two houses on the last two lots I reserved, you can see the pics below. Let me know what you guys think! As for now, I'll take a mini-break from building, just a small one. :P

Also, a new version of the neighborhood has been uploaded in the first post.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#143 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
@M.M.A.A Thank you for fixing that little mistake i really appreiciate it. Also your two houses look great

You're very welcome and thank you!

BTW, since you uninstalled the whole game, there's nothing to regret. Now's the time to go ahead and do a clean up of your Downloads folder if you think it's cluttered or whatever you've been putting off, game related (or not) before reinstalling.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:56 PM
So has anybody made stores and so on yet?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#145 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
So has anybody made stores and so on yet?

Not stores, but we do have a service buildings, providing intangible products, or services, like the museum, the public library, a playground and the... East City Park? Is that the name? I think it is.

Also, I noticed we have two community lots set as bars? Do we really need two bars? :P
Trainee Moderator
#146 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 10:45 AM
Quote:
(Lot still needs to be placed. We need to figure out where to place it.)

We could place the two creepy lots next to each other.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#147 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 11:51 AM
Two bars - why not? One could be a juice bar/teen hangout, and one could be a more adult type bar. One could be a dive bar and one upmarket. One could be a gay bar? And space could be left convertible so that players with later EPs can add things like a music stage, a pool table, DJ booth, arcade machines, karaoke machine, etc.

There aren't a massive amount of community lots available in the base game, so two bars is necessary, IMO. But they ought to be sufficiently different from each other.

Trainee Moderator
#148 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:06 PM
One of the two bars meant to be a karaoke bar and the other one a lounge but it can be anything!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#149 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:12 PM
Ah! Ok. I thought they'd basically be the same. Nevermind then! :D
Mad Poster
#150 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:37 PM
I looked through the thread, but I've lost the instructions for uploading a family. Could they be linked to in the first post? Also is it worth me uploading my two families now, or better to wait until the buildings are all completed? It doesn't matter to me to hold on to them

Page 6 of 34