Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheetah - the fastest land animal on Earth

by Lea.Sikora Posted 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:54 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 12:26 PM
Lovely Thank you for sharing!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 10:45 PM
Thanks I love it and this is going into my game

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 12:37 AM
Such detail! Fantastic work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:36 PM
wonderful job !!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 11:38 AM
My first pet download! Going to play both of them right now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 3:48 AM
Love it, thank you
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 7:56 PM
Just so you know, medium/big cats have round pupils unlike domesticated cats... but it looks very, very good!! Thank you!

Perry the Platypus
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bprevite
Just so you know, medium/big cats have round pupils unlike domesticated cats... but it looks very, very good!! Thank you!

i know that they have round pupils but if i take standard eyes as round pupils all other house-cats have round pupils too, i tried to let it look more round with the eye colours and if you want the right eyes you can download the right mod for that
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 12:19 PM
Now a fast running mod for pets would make this 100x better. Then it really could run as fast as a cheetah

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
Now a fast running mod for pets would make this 100x better. Then it really could run as fast as a cheetah

Yeah, that would do ^^ but it would have to be modded so that only selected pets can be modified with that, or else all the fat house-cats could run as fast as a cheetha too xD would look funny. Unfortunately I dont know how to make mods and such... i would love to, but i got no time to learn myself that.

If anyone would make a faster-running-mod for pets: its needed :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bprevite

Domesticated cats have them too. :D
It just depends on how much light is going into their eyes at the moment.
They dialate, just... a lot more than humans. XD
i once saw my cats pupil shrink to the size of a broken off peice of lead. XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 4:39 AM
Anyone know if this mod is still working properly? Its been awhile since this thread started.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:54 AM
Ok so I downloaded this and now I cant find the cheetah. Its not showing up in my strip of sims when I edit town. Is that where it should be? I saved it into the SavedSims folder in EA in my documents...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybarefeet
Ok so I downloaded this and now I cant find the cheetah. Its not showing up in my strip of sims when I edit town. Is that where it should be? I saved it into the SavedSims folder in EA in my documents...

It should work then just fine, unless you have sims3 Pets installed of course. It should be in the menu create a sim - and then by select a sim. And about the question you had before, this is no mod, its a sim and they cant get old with updates like other mods do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 4:22 AM
This seems to work ingame but once you go to load your town the image that shows your family sometimes has your cats "coat" displayed horribly wrong. It looks like there is a vertex not joined and the skin spikes out like black ink oozing through a small game.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 7:56 AM
this is so epic! such detail and its so realistic, i love it!

i <3 acacia
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:53 PM Last edited by corydeedee : 21st Jul 2014 at 9:31 PM.
how do I download it to my sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 5:08 AM
It's beautiful! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:35 AM
so beautiful.. thank you so much :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:23 PM
Thanks, it looks quite convincing. Something that works within the constrains of the cat/dog/horse limitations of Pets. A lot of other creatures people try to make look quite funny but not convincing enough(bears still looks like dogs etc.).

Quote:
This seems to work ingame but once you go to load your town the image that shows your family sometimes has your cats "coat" displayed horribly wrong. It looks like there is a vertex not joined and the skin spikes out like black ink oozing through a small game.

I have this with most of my pets and has nothing to do with this download. My pc is so slow that you first see the grey inside of the pet and then it builds up the coat around it. Small dogs often have enormous spiky legs for the first seconds you see the new family. If the game takes the family picture at that moment it might stay that way perhaps?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 7:36 AM
This is really good. I've always liked cheetahs, mainly their speed. I was wondering if you could also post the other coat variations, though most coat variations are thought to be lost. Only four coat variations are know to still exist, the Regular, the King, the Isabelline/cream and the Ticked/spotless. The other rumored coat variations are the Erythrstic/red, the Maltese/grey, the Chinchilla/blue, the Melanistic/black, and the Albino/white, I would try myself, but I'm not that good at it. Did you know that the genes for cheetah spots is the exact same as the spots on tabby cats? It is also the same for the colors. The Black Cheetah has also been called a Ghost cheetah, sometimes in black tabby cats the spots are only a few shades darker then their coats, making the stripes or spots all but invisible except in just the right light.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th May 2015 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katir
This is really good. I've always liked cheetahs, mainly their speed. I was wondering if you could also post the other coat variations, though most coat variations are thought to be lost. Only four coat variations are know to still exist, the Regular, the King, the Isabelline/cream and the Ticked/spotless. The other rumored coat variations are the Erythrstic/red, the Maltese/grey, the Chinchilla/blue, the Melanistic/black, and the Albino/white, I would try myself, but I'm not that good at it. Did you know that the genes for cheetah spots is the exact same as the spots on tabby cats? It is also the same for the colors. The Black Cheetah has also been called a Ghost cheetah, sometimes in black tabby cats the spots are only a few shades darker then their coats, making the stripes or spots all but invisible except in just the right light.

I actually created them all, but then didn't post them because I wasn't sure if they were really existend xD
I'm gonna upload them by chance.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 12:22 AM
thanks