Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#24401 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:51 PM
Same as Slow Dance.
Only that you have to choose Dance ... Classic.

What are the chances a Sim never gets promoted? Like, never.
All the requirements are met, job performance bar has been full for let's say 10 Sim days, and he never gets promoted. Seems fishy. His boss must hate him!
Is there any way I can force the game to promote him? Some cheat or whatever?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#24402 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
How do I do a classical dance with another sim? My sim wants to do a classical dance with someone, and I have no idea how.
I know how to dance together, and to dance slow dance, but not dance a classical dance. Their relationship is very high, they are both in love with each other.

It should come up in the pie menu as Dance...Classic. I normally find it on the second page of interactions. I've just looked up and your need AL for it, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Amura
All the requirements are met, job performance bar has been full for let's say 10 Sim days, and he never gets promoted. Seems fishy. His boss must hate him!

You can change the career level with several cheat objects - I personally use Sim Blender. Not quite the same as promotion, since they won't get the bonus, and it won't fulfill a want if they have it, but the same end result.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Scholar
#24403 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
You can change the career level with several cheat objects - I personally use Sim Blender. Not quite the same as promotion, since they won't get the bonus, and it won't fulfill a want if they have it, but the same end result.

I would do that in SimPE.
But I do want him to fulfill the want. And get the bonus if possible. But the important part would be the want.
Forum Resident
#24404 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
Can you use/is it safe to use the lot adjuster on an occupied lot?

Depends what you're doing. I used it to expand a lot and had no issues. I tried to shrink a lot and it wouldn't let me. I don't use the other functions, so I can't speak to those.

ALWAYS back-up first.
Mad Poster
#24405 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 6:34 PM
I would do that in SimPE.
But I do want him to fulfill the want. And get the bonus if possible. But the important part would be the want.

Do you have a job stopinator in his pocket or any kind of mod what hardens promotions? It's not normal.
Scholar
#24406 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Do you have a job stopinator in his pocket or any kind of mod what hardens promotions? It's not normal.

No, I don't. I've never used them.
And the rest of the Sims are getting promoted as usual, he's the only one stuck in the Lvl 1 job.
It's very weird indeed.

I guess I'll try to level him up in SimPE and see if he gets unstuck. Or maybe quit the job and get hired again.
Might not work but it's worth trying.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24407 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 11:53 PM
No, I don't. I've never used them.
And the rest of the Sims are getting promoted as usual, he's the only one stuck in the Lvl 1 job.
It's very weird indeed.

I guess I'll try to level him up in SimPE and see if he gets unstuck. Or maybe quit the job and get hired again.
Might not work but it's worth trying.

You can level him up in game on the simblender. Just select job level.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#24408 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 3:26 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 24th Jul 2020 at 3:41 AM.
I'm editing cameras and various info around the web says that, when modifying the game cameras, you can go in and out of the game without quitting and reloading while testing different parameters just by saving the file, because the game will reload the camera. I have never seen this work in my game. Is this something that maybe was true, but no longer is in UC, or am I missing something? It would be much more convenient if it worked that way, so I'd love to hear how.

Also, is there a hard limit to how close the Neighborhood camera can zoom in?
Mad Poster
#24409 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 4:04 AM
Same as Slow Dance.
Only that you have to choose Dance ... Classic.

Edukashunisgud by Cyjon will stop them from getting too far in their careers if they didn't go to college. Also a Pescado hack, maybe Harderjobs? That stops you from getting ten mayors and similar positions that should only logically have one, at the same time. Neither should stop the sim at level 1, but both will at some point. So you might look if you have those, especially if you have them in a version incompatible with your game.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24410 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I'm editing cameras and various info around the web says that, when modifying the game cameras, you can go in and out of the game without quitting and reloading while testing different parameters just by saving the file, because the game will reload the camera. I have never seen this work in my game. Is this something that maybe was true, but no longer is in UC, or am I missing something? It would be much more convenient if it worked that way, so I'd love to hear how.

Also, is there a hard limit to how close the Neighborhood camera can zoom in?

I use Jessa's camera mod tweaked by CTNutmegger and that is at zoom 1, which I think is as close as it will go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#24411 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use Jessa's camera mod tweaked by CTNutmegger and that is at zoom 1, which I think is as close as it will go.

Almost all of them say zoom 1 (I've only seen one that doesn't). It's the smallest number after that which seems to determine how close it will go. I've already got it lower than theirs, but it seems to hit a limit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24412 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Almost all of them say zoom 1 (I've only seen one that doesn't). It's the smallest number after that which seems to determine how close it will go. I've already got it lower than theirs, but it seems to hit a limit.

These are the numbers on mine
zoom 1 (1400 1200 1100 1000 900 800 700 600 500 400 300)

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#24413 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 3:21 PM
Is the lifetime want marry off six children broken/won't get fulfilled? I think I have read that it is so.
Alchemist
#24414 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 24th Jul 2020 at 4:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
These are the numbers on mine
zoom 1 (1400 1200 1100 1000 900 800 700 600 500 400 300)

Yes, I know. I have mine down to 188 (closer than their 300), but that's as close as I've gotten it, so far. I'm wondering if another command limits that, so I'm still experimenting.

EDIT: I've got one I'm happy with and shared it on my simblr. Now, on to the build camera.

More important was my other question: How do people test the cameras without reloading the game? Because I cannot get that to work and I'd love to.
Mad Poster
#24415 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:21 PM
@Amura - I have had a Sim now and then who just does not get promoted to the top of his career - it does not happen too often, but it certainly does. I would also like how to fix that without using the blender, because I would also like to take care of the want.

@candyboot - marry of 6 children - a difficult want; because having 6 kids is quite hard already, except if you have a family sim with 3 pairs of twins or something who lives for a very long time. I don't think it is broken, though.
Mad Poster
#24416 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 6:17 PM
@Candyboot, you may be thinking of the coding error that prevents vanilla same-sex marriage - joined unions - from being recognized as filling the requirements of the want. There's a mod for that, thank goodness.

You don't actually need six kids to fill the want, by the way. If one kid gets married six times, it still works. Bit more chaotic, though!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#24417 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@Amura - I have had a Sim now and then who just does not get promoted to the top of his career - it does not happen too often, but it certainly does. I would also like how to fix that without using the blender, because I would also like to take care of the want.

Well, in my case it seems it got fixed

I set his job performance in SimPE to 1000 instead of 100, just in case.
I also checked carefully all my mods, and removed the only one that was related to promotions (the job performance one by simler90).
Played the household again and my Sim was promoted...
Which of the two actions unstuck him I can't say for sure, or if it was all a coincidence. But apparently it was fixed.
Mad Poster
#24418 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:57 PM
That mod drastically decreases the chance of promotion. Why didn't you mention you had it installed earlier, when you insisted you didn't have any mod like that installed?
Alchemist
#24419 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:06 AM
If you had to color code the families of Veronaville, what colors would you pick for which family? Would Capps be red? Or Blue? I'm thinking Summerdreams would be yellow or green... Thoughts?

(Btw, if anyone is curious I'm in Veronaville designing a cemetery for the Capps because I don't want to keep all those ghosts on the lot. It occurred to me that I should put out some flowers in the Capp signature colors, but I had no idea what that would be.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24420 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:16 AM
I always thought of the Capps as blue and the Montys as red, which goes back to how I thought of the original families in Shakespeare. Summerdreams are definitely green.
Alchemist
#24421 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:21 AM
I was leaning that way. Does it make a difference if Capps are landowners/farmers and the Montys are merchants?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24422 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:27 AM
That makes me prefer that color scheme even more strongly, purely because in Crusader Kings II characters have a ribbon around their picture based on their government type and feudal lords have a blue ribbon and merchants have red ribbon.
Scholar
#24423 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That mod drastically decreases the chance of promotion. Why didn't you mention you had it installed earlier, when you insisted you didn't have any mod like that installed?

To be honest, I had forgotten about it and only found it after checking my downloads files. I got a bunch of mods from the same author, but I should go thru them and double check which ones I really need.
Anyway, that mod is supposed to make it harder as levels go up, but just a little harder on level 1.
Still it's an oddity, everyone else got promoted several times, he had not got any promotion at all ever in his lifetime (he's about to become an elder) despite having max performance.
Alchemist
#24424 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 12:56 AM
I asked earlier about whether I could get the neighborhood camera closer for doing hood deco and didn't really get an answer to that, but I've figured it out, so will share the result in case of searches later. I have posted the camera that can do it on on my simblr. It gets this close (pic attached) without jumping up hills and such, perfect for lining up those fiddly deco bits. It also zooms out to a top down view of the entire map for checking out terrains without flying off into space, since I've been making those lately and wanted to get overall views. Of course, it still lets you play comfortably in the hood and move to all corners to place lots.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24425 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

You don't actually need six kids to fill the want, by the way. If one kid gets married six times, it still works. Bit more chaotic, though!

Never thought of that!
Page 977 of 1347