Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 8:46 PM Last edited by NintendoLover13 : 26th Mar 2013 at 12:54 AM.
Maroon 5's Adam Levine
Hey guys! I have returned, and with an Adam Levine sim. I've lost some of my sims 2 bodyshopping skills, and I'd like to brush them up and get better, hopefully better enough to upload Adam Levine.

It'd be nice if I could have feedback, and possibly someone who would like to create a beard and facial fuzz for him?

Thanks for your time!
Screenshots

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
Hey guys! I have returned, and with an Adam Levine sim. I've lost some of my sims 2 bodyshopping skills, and I'd like to brush them up and get better, hopefully better enough to upload Adam Levine.

It'd be nice if I could have feedback, and possibly someone who would like to create a beard and facial fuzz for him?

Thanks for your time!

I'm no expert, but what I can see; wider chin, maybe 1 tick up with the chin, a tiny bit wider on the mouth, and a nose mask to make his tip go down more would be great! Check sironasims graveyard if any fits: http://files.sims2graveyard.com/sironasims_corvi/

As for stubble, the guy in blue seems similar: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=307825
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 11:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'll scavenge around for facial hair.
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 11:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'll scavenge around for facial hair.

Wow! He looks great! Imo, that's very identical and should be accepted Oh isn't he dreamy...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 2:11 AM
Here's another update.
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 5:11 AM Last edited by DahliaLynn : 25th Mar 2013 at 10:36 PM.
He looks wonderful! I would seriously be surprised if he wasn't accepted. Maybe thin his lips a tiny bit and make his chin one click longer?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 11:47 PM
I still feel like he could use work, but thank you for your positive feedback
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#8 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 12:35 AM
Lower/square his jaw a bit. The Sim's jaw is pointed at a sharper angle than Adam's.

His nose seems to be a tad too tall as well. Possibly try shortening the height of the nose, and raise his mouth with it so they're the same distance. Then bring up the jaw/chin to match the source photo.

He looks really great, Ally.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 12:44 AM
Is this better?
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#10 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 12:55 AM
Much better, although now his cheeks look a little puffed out/lumpy. (mainly in the thumbnail)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 1:06 AM
I tried my best to fix his cheeks, thank you so much E <3
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 8:57 AM
The one you made is better looking than the real one.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:41 PM
Now the top of the eyes look a wee bit off to me. (The bottom looks great.) The earlier versions looked better. The top of his eyes in the RL pictures are a little more rounded.

However, this might be due to game limitations.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:19 AM
gazania- Alright, thank you for the feedback. i changed the eyeshadow back, but i felt something else was wrong with his eye/eyebrow area, so i photoshopped his eybrow down on the right side, which (in my opinion) increases the likeness 10-fold. However, would it be possible to move the eyebrow down like that by editing the texture? If i moved his eyebrows down, it'd overlap his eyes more (without the edit).
eliseluong- I'm deeply flattered you think my sim is more attractive. haha
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 8:26 PM
gazania- Alright, thank you for the feedback. i changed the eyeshadow back, but i felt something else was wrong with his eye/eyebrow area, so i photoshopped his eybrow down on the right side, which (in my opinion) increases the likeness 10-fold. However, would it be possible to move the eyebrow down like that by editing the texture? If i moved his eyebrows down, it'd overlap his eyes more (without the edit).
eliseluong- I'm deeply flattered you think my sim is more attractive. haha

You could always try including the eyebrows in the skin? And making them as low as you want I agree it looks more like him with the eyebrows further down! It hides the upper eyelid aswell so it doesn't have to be perfectly round.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:02 PM Last edited by NintendoLover13 : 27th Mar 2013 at 10:43 PM.
The skin is a good idea, although that is my least favorite thing ever; when people put like the celebrity face as a skin and stuff. I guess i could do that though, if i don't have another option. Thank you for the suggestion :3

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 11:53 PM
Well that didn't go well at all, I'd rather just have a low-brow bone eyebrow, is it possible for someone to mesh that?

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Field Researcher
#18 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 3:00 AM
Hello, do you still have the copy of the model you made shown in post 1 before you made more changes to make him look like Adam Levine? I really like that one, he resembles the actor who was in the movie of Phantom of the Opera, not phantom, but phantom's rival. I would download the one in post 1 if you still have it (without the stubble).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:16 AM
Sorry about the lack of updates, I was on vacation, out of state without a computer.

It would be really nice if I could get feedback. The amount of views compared to the amount of posts kinda ticks me off.

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 6:34 AM
I know, the feedback in this area is super slow, you practically have to bribe people for help and its depressing to see that 800 people have seen your threan but only 4 or so decide to answer.

Anyways, on to your sim, is it not possible to just scooch the eyebrow alphas down and the texture would then be lower? Did you try that? I haven't been in bodyshop forever, but I would mess with that first. But I agree, the lower brows make it, but other than thank he looks great. Very recognizable!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 12:03 PM
Just a response to the complaint about lack of feedback vs. thread views. You are making a Sim of a cute famous person. That famous person's name is in the thread title. That will bring people to just look out of mere curiosity... like me...

I'm not a Sim Creator. I wouldn't know enough about Body Shop, face masking, custom eyebrows or anything else to really help you... but I couldn't resist looking at your attempt. I'm not going to give you some bullpoppies answer or suggestion just to validate my peeking at your thread a couple of times.

Sorry for my idle curiosity.

P.S. I do like what you have down so far... I think you are very close to a good representation of him.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 9:27 PM
My desktop has been acting really funky, so I'm having a hard time with updating right now. But I am searching for people who are interested in helping me with the eyebrow problem.

Quote:
Anyways, on to your sim, is it not possible to just scooch the eyebrow alphas down and the texture would then be lower? Did you try that? I haven't been in bodyshop forever, but I would mess with that first. But I agree, the lower brows make it, but other than thank he looks great. Very recognizable!

I'll try that as soon as I can get my desktop running well. Thank you so much for the suggestion, honestly I probably wouldn't have thought of doing that.

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 2:12 AM
Alright, that took longer than expected. A lot of personal/family issues came up and we're still struggling. Since I didn't have homework today, I decided to work on the eyebrows.
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 2:33 AM
i made him look better
Screenshots

I am INACTIVE on MTS
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:03 AM
i made him look better
I feel as if the eyebrows are too low down. I have no experience in BodyShop nor am I a creator, so don't take my word for it. They just seem to make him look a bit angry.
-K
Page 1 of 2