Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 4:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default This glitch only affects the hair selected
ok, so yes i do have custom content and this glitch only happens with that hair type and all hair colors

And those who have that hair in the game gets that weird glitchy hair

i have found custom content hair in the areas of the default maxis hair so i'm assuming this problem is from a default custom content hair but i just need to make sure and i have deleted the CC hair in the black hair color only and it didnt go away so, would deleting any CC hair in the maxis section of the hairs would this problem go away?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 11:36 AM
Rather than deleting things randomly and hoping that fixes the problem, you could try following all the steps in the game help.
Really.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 10:19 AM
Hello any solution to this? I have the same issue to the same hairstyle
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guitar_girl_66
ok, so yes i do have custom content and this glitch only happens with that hair type and all hair colors

And those who have that hair in the game gets that weird glitchy hair

i have found custom content hair in the areas of the default maxis hair so i'm assuming this problem is from a default custom content hair but i just need to make sure and i have deleted the CC hair in the black hair color only and it didnt go away so, would deleting any CC hair in the maxis section of the hairs would this problem go away?

When you say delete in the Maxis section I hope you mean you opened your download folder and removed the file because hair in the Maxis section can only be either Maxis hair or a default. If you delete a default in-game you can delete the Maxis file and corrupt your game.
Messed up hair indicates another hair is probably sharing a mesh with a default, you need to troubleshoot your defaults.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 3:27 PM
Seven years later, my advice remains the same - rather than randomly deleting things, do the game help steps.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luchy2307
Hello any solution to this? I have the same issue to the same hairstyle

First thing that comes to my mind is a bad default replacement for the hairstyle (or maybe two conflicting ones) - it could also be any other hairstyle not properly made :/ first I'd try to remove any replacement for "hairlongsimple" (maybe you might have downloaded following one of these links), if it doesn't work I'd try to remove all of the hairstyles and use the 50/50 method as suggested by the guide sushigal linked earlier).
It seems like a lot of work, but that what I'd personally do.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 4:10 PM
I'd just go through the downloads folder if I'd installe that hair very recently and track down what were my most recent installs and pull them out to see if the issue goes away and start checing through those files to see which one is the cause of the glitch.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 4:37 AM
Maybe had passed like YEARS but .. I tell you something: I FIGURED OUT . The f**ing hair that mess up this Maxis straight hair mesh and only this hair are this packages

ale_xlj_df_mesh.package
8f222ec5_xiaolajiao.package
953253d2_ale-xlj-df.package
ale_xiaolajiao_mesh.package

the hair in question is from xmsims .com this url http:// www.xmsims.com /sims2/ehtm/hair/hair89.htm
The zip archives that contained everything is named: ale_xiaolajiao_mesh

It was years ago that downloaded that hair from xmsims and because of lack of organization in my Downloads folder it was like almost impossible to catch (and the name of the archives is very indistinguishable). I looked over 700 packages on my hairs Folder, Trial and error of putting out every package manually and entering the game hundred of times but it worked ! After days I finally found the culprit and now my Maxis Straight hair is recovered again ♥

Last thing I recommend to put every hair in a separate folder with an image of that hair . EVERY HAIR separated to facilitate the job of sort things out later if happens again . Now i have all the packages I can in separate folders (not everything because of that lack of organization I don't even know what are lots of packeges ) .

Second last thing Somehow when you have a bug in a hair the "Maxis mesh" takes the form , emulates the form of the "CC corrupted hair" thats because our straight maxis hair looked that way.

Here I put the images of the packages you need to look out :

Sorry for my bad english and hope you find and resolve that glitch too!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 5:19 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Apr 2021 at 5:45 AM.
Opened it up out of curiosity, and the "ale_xlj_df_mesh" one is a piece of work. Doesn't seem like they've done "fix Integrity" on the mesh (explains why it overwrites the original), and that GMDC - wow... Looks like they extracted the mesh without renaming it so the file got the Hex code, then used the Hex code name when importing it - never seen that version before... I guess it would work technically (if they'd done Fix Integrity) but still, it looks kinda messy.

Good news is that the set should be fixable if you still want to use the hair. Fix the name of the GMDC so it says "afHairLongSimple_tslocator_gmdc" (more for the looks, really), then do "Fix Integrity" to give it a new internal name and make it standalone, relink the mesh to the recolors, and everything should be fine.

Except that only the AF hair textures are there, so I guess that would need fixing if you want YA and elders to use the hair. It is technically compatible for EF/YA, if you fix the textures (all those have Hairalpha 5/7), and teen as well if there was a mesh - so if you wanted you could make an extra teen mesh and link that one up. Child and toddler would need more fixing.

Anyway... sometimes it's nice figuring out how to make things usable instead of throwing it away

The "ale_xiaolajiao" hair looks like it should be working, but is enabled only for AF like the other one. Both of them seem to have been linked to the AF mesh for all the recolors (toddler through elder) so that could be an issue, but removing the younger hairs with Cat's hair binner is always an option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 11:51 PM
OH MY GOD!! I HAD THAT XMSIMS HAIR IN GAME!!! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!! I also can't believe people are still responding back to this thread, but at least the issue seems to have been figured out
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 12:17 AM
I love this forum!

(But if you had all done as @sushigal007 suggested in 2013, and the Game Help:Before Posting a Help Questionwiki page instructs, you would have solved it within an hour! )
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 6:08 PM
First step is ALWAYS remove CC and see if the problem goes away.

Actually that's a lie, the first step is make a backup.

But second stage is ALWAYS remove CC to rule it out. Not just the bits you think are the problem, all of it. It's amazing how seemingly unrelated CC can be the culprit. A teen shirt that had been in my game for a decade crashed it when a Sim wearing it searched for a job. I tried to cut corners and took out job mods first. Didn't work. Had to remove all my CC to determine that yes, CC was the problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Opened it up out of curiosity, and the "ale_xlj_df_mesh" one is a piece of work. Doesn't seem like they've done "fix Integrity" on the mesh (explains why it overwrites the original), and that GMDC - wow... Looks like they extracted the mesh without renaming it so the file got the Hex code, then used the Hex code name when importing it - never seen that version before... I guess it would work technically (if they'd done Fix Integrity) but still, it looks kinda messy.

Good news is that the set should be fixable if you still want to use the hair. Fix the name of the GMDC so it says "afHairLongSimple_tslocator_gmdc" (more for the looks, really), then do "Fix Integrity" to give it a new internal name and make it standalone, relink the mesh to the recolors, and everything should be fine.

Except that only the AF hair textures are there, so I guess that would need fixing if you want YA and elders to use the hair. It is technically compatible for EF/YA, if you fix the textures (all those have Hairalpha 5/7), and teen as well if there was a mesh - so if you wanted you could make an extra teen mesh and link that one up. Child and toddler would need more fixing.

Anyway... sometimes it's nice figuring out how to make things usable instead of throwing it away

The "ale_xiaolajiao" hair looks like it should be working, but is enabled only for AF like the other one. Both of them seem to have been linked to the AF mesh for all the recolors (toddler through elder) so that could be an issue, but removing the younger hairs with Cat's hair binner is always an option.

I don´t understand a thing about programs (((I don't even know what program you're talking about ))) , how to modify objects and meshes ..... and that sort of things but I hope you can fix that hair and make it usable because it was really beautiful ! ♥ but for me just i'll leave it out , out of my game