Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 12:55 PM Last edited by moonlight__ : 13th Apr 2021 at 1:58 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Home business crashes (SOLVED WITH 4GB PATCH)
I decided to open on a 2x2 lot a music shop that sells vinyls and record players (possibly a cafe in the future) and the family's home on the second floor. I used this set and recolors mostly by Riekus13, some record players by Akiea and some Crosley conversion. I already used all of this cc for deco in regular houses without any problems but this was my the first attempt to sell it. Btw the lot is unfinished because my sims are broke lol.

My lot crashes unexpectedly now. Sometimes when I furnish the upper floor, sometimes while it's saving, sometimes when a sim sells a product and more. If it crahses while saving the lot from the Neigbourhood view looks glitched and takes forever to load. I never tried to sell objects before in OFB, I usually ran restaurants and never had any issues. I tried testing if the objects were the problem by selling one of each object and didn't have any crashes but as soon as I make the shop more realistic without too much clutter it causes problems.

What do you think is the issue?

Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:21 PM
I would first look at structural things, what happens if you swap out those stairs?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 2:54 PM
Did you fix the other crashing/lag issues you had with your game? Just asking, because if those are still a problem, it may not be this particular lot that's the problem, but rather your game as a whole.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you fix the other crashing/lag issues you had with your game? Just asking, because if those are still a problem, it may not be this particular lot that's the problem, but rather your game as a whole.

Yes but no lol. I have much less lags and no crashes u til now but it's not completely gone. After cleaning it completely and testing it for 2 weeks I'm 100% sure my laptop hates The Sims 2 because it's probably too old for my laptop. I've never had any issues with any other sims games nor games in general.

I'll try to open a different business with a different family and I'll let you know if I have same issues. If not, it's probably the cc unfortunately.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

I just fixed it with the 4GB patch. I'm so happy because I lost so much time and that particular lot was almost unplayable.