Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't begrudge them having big savings accounts. They work their butts off for it, have zero debt, rightfully 'own' everything they have and this has been a ongoing accumulation of cash since June. Girlfriend has no reason to be hacking a computer for a $100.00. Just sayin'.

Looks to me like the Babilon household can expect a friendly meet-up with the SRS (Simternal Revenue Service) when they start catching up on their annual audit schedule. Hope they saved all their receipts. Now that I think about it, the SRS could make for a pretty interesting mod.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
It might be possible, but it is a lot of work for flowering plants:
http://aminovas.tumblr.com/post/100...he-sims-3-these

Yes, I've actually been in contact with Aminovas and they have been working on more plants that work properly with Seasons. However, they have been through a lot since starting the process and haven't been able to release anything new just yet.

I think the problem with The Sims 3's plants is whether or not the flowers on plants are even coded differently from the rest of the plant to begin with. I'm no modder nor can I claim to even know what I'm talking about, but that seems like it could be an issue. With plants in The Sims 4, they are 3D models with the flowers being something tangibly separate from the rest of the plant (coding wise I don't know, though lol). The Sims 3's plants are... well, not 3D and the flowers are (or appear to be to me) just part of a texture/textures.

I do know that the Bosky Beech Tree from Into The Future has flowers coded separately from the leaves, because when Spring starts, the flowers come in first. But that's the only plant I'm aware of that operates that way.

With Aminovas' creation, there is at least hope for creation of new 3D flowering plants that can lose their flowers like in The Sims 4. It amazes me that modders came up with something that complex. The coding seems to be nowhere else in the game.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
SRS will go after the NRAAS household first. Sim Twallan brought over 4 million to the neighborhood.

A banking mod would be good as well. The one I have works great for the sims themselves, but it would be nice when sims pay bills the money actually went somewhere other than to a mysterious black hole that resides in all TS3 neighborhoods.

Twallan cared for and then left us with 100,000 or so needy dependents -- the players I mean. Wouldn't know how to calculate how many sims that is. I don't think we would come out of an audit owing money, we're probably due a hefty refund for over-payment.

On the taxation mod, does this come close at all? http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tax%20Collector
Field Researcher
#29 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:30 PM
I wish It was possible to extract traits/some objects that do not normally work if taken away from respective EP (such as beekeeping box/terrarriums for minor pets/training dummy) .For example,I NEVER play with the cities or celebrity status,therefore I am only keeping Late night for musical instruments and bar quirks which sucks,it does take quite a bit of space on my laptop.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 2:58 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 5th Sep 2018 at 3:18 PM.
Mods I wish existed:
Pause Mod: This mod would put in your sim's cue a action that pauses the game. Like work out (10 hours), shower, eat two apples, and then PAUSE the game, cuz I'm getting coffee but the dog decided she wanted to go outside when I got up. You can sort of do this with the phone's "call for service" at home, but not when away.
Repeat X times: This mod would cause the next action to be repeated X times, make 10 potions, conjure 7 apples, discover 14 nanites, etc.
Tend Bee Hive: smoke, clean, feed and harvest honey all in one action, like "tend garden".
More human looking plumbots: Yeah, because the plumbot parts box is just a big box of ugly. Also, plumbots that can wear clothes. I see the pictures of the simbots in outfits and I wonder how that's done.
Put away/get all alchemy ingredients: You can put away metals, elixirs, and gems but not the plants? This mod would put away the wolvesbane, mandrake, red toadstools etc.
Fertilize Garden with X: There's a fertile with X for ONE plant, and fertilize garden with "best", but no "Fertilize garden with X" where X might be lobsters. Because if you have lifefruit in your inventory that gets picked first under best and clicking on each plant and "Fertilize with lobster" on each plant is tedious.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:20 PM
A feature I keep thinking about is click and drag the queue actions around to place before or after another action instead of having to cancel and then reassign. Like how Firefox you can change the order of the tabs. And I'm sure there are other examples of that feature as well.
#32 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:29 PM
Make Large Birds major pets. Those things are smart, especially the parrots and corvids, and having them as minor pets that only need food and water and nothing else is ridiculous. Plus they're so full of personality that I want to have them troll the rest of the house (as I speak, my grey is throwing things from her cage to hear them fall).

Kids learn karate. Why can't they? They can learn ballet after all.

Answer calls from bed. Why do my sims wake up, get out of bed, MAKE the bed, and stand around before answering nighttime calls? Why not just pick up from under the covers?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Yes, I've actually been in contact with Aminovas and they have been working on more plants that work properly with Seasons. However, they have been through a lot since starting the process and haven't been able to release anything new just yet.

I think the problem with The Sims 3's plants is whether or not the flowers on plants are even coded differently from the rest of the plant to begin with. I'm no modder nor can I claim to even know what I'm talking about, but that seems like it could be an issue. With plants in The Sims 4, they are 3D models with the flowers being something tangibly separate from the rest of the plant (coding wise I don't know, though lol). The Sims 3's plants are... well, not 3D and the flowers are (or appear to be to me) just part of a texture/textures.

I do know that the Bosky Beech Tree from Into The Future has flowers coded separately from the leaves, because when Spring starts, the flowers come in first. But that's the only plant I'm aware of that operates that way.

With Aminovas' creation, there is at least hope for creation of new 3D flowering plants that can lose their flowers like in The Sims 4. It amazes me that modders came up with something that complex. The coding seems to be nowhere else in the game.

Is Aminovas still on? It was a while since they last posted.

The Sims 3 is a bit strange in that it utilizes Speedtree for the trees and plants only- I do hope that they manage to put out a tutorial on how to create these sorts of things-especially with seasons-enabled plants.

I think that they only found out how to enable flowering trees in ITF (note that the quality of the trees got better throughout the life of TS3), but by then it was the end anyways. I wonder if the flowers on the Beech tree are a separate mesh from the foliage- could be fairly similar as to how Aminova's flowering plants are.

Anyways, I would love to see if the cherry trees could be redone so that they only flower in spring. Also figuring out how to work Speedtree and making fields of placeable grass would be awesome.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:36 PM
Another thing i really envy from the sims 4 is the toddler and parent skills. You can really work on how you want to treat your children without just giving some basic care. This is why I absolutely love the very new mods created by TheSweetToddler and the older toddler mods, but I still side-eye the sims 4 toddlers and parents and how realistic they are!
Scholar
#35 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Is Aminovas still on? It was a while since they last posted.

Yes. I got back in contact just a month ago, and they told me what they were currently working on. Seeing as that wasn't shared publicly I won't mention it here, but it is pretty cool. Hopefully a public update will come soon.

Quote:
The Sims 3 is a bit strange in that it utilizes Speedtree for the trees and plants only- I do hope that they manage to put out a tutorial on how to create these sorts of things-especially with seasons-enabled plants.

I think that they only found out how to enable flowering trees in ITF (note that the quality of the trees got better throughout the life of TS3), but by then it was the end anyways. I wonder if the flowers on the Beech tree are a separate mesh from the foliage- could be fairly similar as to how Aminova's flowering plants are.

Well, they have to be separate enough, right? I always thought that flowers in The Sims 3 were just an indiscernible part of the plant textures as a whole, but the Bosky Beech Tree certainly either disproves that or is an exception. The latter is more likely than the former.

Quote:
Anyways, I would love to see if the cherry trees could be redone so that they only flower in spring. Also figuring out how to work Speedtree and making fields of placeable grass would be awesome.

Yeah, sadly, not being a modder, I can't even speak if it's really even possible for modders to fix the cherry tree issue. You notice, EA has never got this right in any The Sims game. Cherry trees in The Sims 2, 3, and 4 all bloom through the summer (and fall in The Sims 4... smh). This is why I was so intrigued by the Bosky Beech Tree. The flowers on it appear in the Spring before the foliage, which is very uniquely coded. However, unfortunately, even though it looks really neat in early Spring, the tree keeps its flowers through the summer and fall, just with the foliage accompanying it. I'm not sure if it is really possible to code a tree to bloom during the Spring and then lose those flowers and replace them with leaves as the transition to summer occurs.

It's like... I wonder if it's even possible to make the grasses and other similar plants turn brown for the late autumn and winter. No example of that coding exists in The Sims 3, either. Yet it's so important for the winter aesthetic. =(

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#36 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Make Large Birds major pets. Those things are smart, especially the parrots and corvids, and having them as minor pets that only need food and water and nothing else is ridiculous. Plus they're so full of personality that I want to have them troll the rest of the house (as I speak, my grey is throwing things from her cage to hear them fall).

Kids learn karate. Why can't they? They can learn ballet after all.

Answer calls from bed. Why do my sims wake up, get out of bed, MAKE the bed, and stand around before answering nighttime calls? Why not just pick up from under the covers?

Yes! It's so annoying that kids are not eligible to learn and perform martial arts. Why? How cute to have a whole family of martial artists.

And why can't kids clean counters, create and go out in groups, text? Kids have phones but they can't text?! There's I'm sure even more things. Don't remember if this is a mod already or not but the ability to pass an infant or toddler to someone instead of just placing them on the floor.
Scholar
#37 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Mods I wish existed:
Pause Mod: This mod would put in your sim's cue a action that pauses the game. Like work out (10 hours), shower, eat two apples, and then PAUSE the game, cuz I'm getting coffee but the dog decided she wanted to go outside when I got up. You can sort of do this with the phone's "call for service" at home, but not when away.
Repeat X times: This mod would cause the next action to be repeated X times, make 10 potions, conjure 7 apples, discover 14 nanites, etc.
Tend Bee Hive: smoke, clean, feed and harvest honey all in one action, like "tend garden".
More human looking plumbots: Yeah, because the plumbot parts box is just a big box of ugly. Also, plumbots that can wear clothes. I see the pictures of the simbots in outfits and I wonder how that's done.
Put away/get all alchemy ingredients: You can put away metals, elixirs, and gems but not the plants? This mod would put away the wolvesbane, mandrake, red toadstools etc.
Fertilize Garden with X: There's a fertile with X for ONE plant, and fertilize garden with "best", but no "Fertilize garden with X" where X might be lobsters. Because if you have lifefruit in your inventory that gets picked first under best and clicking on each plant and "Fertilize with lobster" on each plant is tedious.

The Pause Mod and Repeat X times are doable to be honest. Tend Beehive and Fertilize Garden should also be possible I think.
Human looking plumbot is possible with Master controller. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...looking-plumbot

I want a mod that can make localized weather like make it rain in just one lot. That would've been really cool. I wanted an Evil Witch Castle like in Sims 2.
I want Horse Carriages. Especially when playing Dragon Valley.
Walking and talking with your friend or hold hands.
I want meta human/mutant Occult where they get different abilities with different power level depending on their traits. Like some can read minds, some can fly like they're wearing Jet Packs. Some will be strong. Some can shoot fire or ice or lightning or weather control. You get the idea.
Glass Roofs.
More Dangerous Zombies. I know there are mods to increase their bite chances but I want them to be more menacing. I would also like to combine things like Tragic Clown with Zombie. Can you imagine what that would be like.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 4:41 PM
You can do a flat glass roof with ITF.
There are two problems with the human looking plumbots made with NRAAS MC+integration: (1) Only one outfit and (2) they get messed up when traveling because EA does a check of the sims. (3) EA reads some sim information from the SIMO files and not just the SIME files. That's sloppy programming. You end up with plumbots with hidden sim traits if you're not careful to start with a blank sim, and they always have hidden favorites. Also, if you make a teenage plumbot, it has to go to school unless you nuke the school... I usually put a burnt out wreck where the "school" was when I make a world.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 5:08 PM
Yes. I got back in contact just a month ago, and they told me what they were currently working on. Seeing as that wasn't shared publicly I won't mention it here, but it is pretty cool. Hopefully a public update will come soon.

Great to hear
I last saw Aminovas in spring, and was worried that they had disappeared!

Well, they have to be separate enough, right? I always thought that flowers in The Sims 3 were just an indiscernible part of the plant textures as a whole, but the Bosky Beech Tree certainly either disproves that or is an exception. The latter is more likely than the former.

This is why I was so intrigued by the Bosky Beech Tree. The flowers on it appear in the Spring before the foliage, which is very uniquely coded. However, unfortunately, even though it looks really neat in early Spring, the tree keeps its flowers through the summer and fall, just with the foliage accompanying it. I'm not sure if it is really possible to code a tree to bloom during the Spring and then lose those flowers and replace them with leaves as the transition to summer occurs.

In most cases, the flowers are part of the foliage. In this case, if the flowers appear for the rest of the season, I imagine it could be directly related to the texture map itself in that the alphas dictate which part of the foliage appears first.

Yeah, sadly, not being a modder, I can't even speak if it's really even possible for modders to fix the cherry tree issue. You notice, EA has never got this right in any The Sims game. Cherry trees in The Sims 2, 3, and 4 all bloom through the summer (and fall in The Sims 4... smh).

It's like... I wonder if it's even possible to make the grasses and other similar plants turn brown for the late autumn and winter. No example of that coding exists in The Sims 3, either. Yet it's so important for the winter aesthetic. =(

I definitely think it's possible since Aminovas showed that you could have disappearing foliage throughout the year- it would need to be a new plant cloned and altered from the original, with possibly the original cherry tree hidden from the menu.

With grasses and shrubbeery, I think that if new plants were made with the seasonal foliage, plants that lose their leaves are very much possible, though I doubt that color changes (green>brown) would be possible. Again, these would need to be entirely new plants or overrides.

Overall, all of this is possible, it just looks like an incredibly time-consuming route to take!
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 5:22 PM
Additional Skills Classes:
As it stands as and example, a sim takes a cooking class at a community lot in their home world for 1 skill point and cannot go back and take any more classes. What I would like to see is a sim to be able to take as many classes as they want including taking ten classes and completely maxing out a skill.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:38 PM
While picking up stuff that my cat knocked over, I noticed on the back of the Generation/World Adventures double pack that it shows the kids running from the police after being caught pranking. Why can't I do that in game? The NPC burglar can get away by running before the cop gets there (or just walking past the cop at a casual stroll sometimes) and the game already lets us do things that are really horrible ideas in real life. When the NPC cop shows up because of curfew violations, caught pranking, caught while at work in the criminal profession (my biggest annoyance), etc. the game gives you a pop up that asks if you want to wait or to run for it. If you get caught, you get to spend a night in jail and maybe pay a fine.
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Otherwise impossible to cancel queued commands can be canceled by performing an NRaas DebugEnabler object reset on the sim.

But I believe this the mod you require to control scolding and punishments better. By default the player is prompted every time as to whether to allow the scolding or punishment to happen. Icarus heard a bunch of us at NRaas complaining about exactly the same thing a few years ago, worked his magic, and the rest is history.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533906

This mod is fantastic and wonderful and I won't play without it, but it leaves "Let Off the Hook" as an uncancellable autonomous interaction and it drives me crazy when a parent queue stomps everything to go across the house and let their teenager off the hook because they washed one plate two hours after being brought home by the cops. So my mod wish is simple: a mod to make let off the hook non-autonomous. I've been looking for this off and on since Generations came out.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I want a mod that can make localized weather like make it rain in just one lot. That would've been really cool.

Even better yet, having localised weather on just part of your lot. For example, have a rain on just the exact part of the lot your Sims have barbecue and dry on the part you have plants. But that's probably too much to ask. Not to mention it would probably slow the game down quite a lot to have too many weather conditions on your lot.
Scholar
#44 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
You can do a flat glass roof with ITF.
There are two problems with the human looking plumbots made with NRAAS MC+integration: (1) Only one outfit and (2) they get messed up when traveling because EA does a check of the sims. (3) EA reads some sim information from the SIMO files and not just the SIME files. That's sloppy programming. You end up with plumbots with hidden sim traits if you're not careful to start with a blank sim, and they always have hidden favorites. Also, if you make a teenage plumbot, it has to go to school unless you nuke the school... I usually put a burnt out wreck where the "school" was when I make a world.

You can!? I'll have to check it out. How do you do that?

Quote: Originally posted by peno
Even better yet, having localised weather on just part of your lot. For example, have a rain on just the exact part of the lot your Sims have barbecue and dry on the part you have plants. But that's probably too much to ask. Not to mention it would probably slow the game down quite a lot to have too many weather conditions on your lot.

It is possible to have fog only on part of your lot with the fog emitter. If only it could add rain as well.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Forum Resident
#45 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 10:50 PM
Right now, I'd really like a mod that had better death and grief reactions. I'd like my Sims to be affected lifelong by the loss of a parent, for instance.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 12:05 AM
My list

- More letters flavours as we got for the SMS options : awesome for Technophobes sims.
- More detective cases based on EP higher than Ambitions : because the cases are always the same.
- Unlock earthquakes : not only visible for the Firefighter carreer.
- Creating plants potions as in the sims 4 or an Alchemy Elixir to cure contagious pets moodlet.
- Changing the colour of the bath when a sims takes one : As the same as the spatub.
- Allowing two small pets to sleep in double beds when owners are using it : when a single sims got small dogs and cats , only a pet at once can use the other side.
- Allowing blogging carreer from a computer.
- Napping while taking a bath as in the sims 4.
- Including Fears.
- More favourite meals to choose as sims preferences : I think of the adding the meals creating by cooking creator.
- New traits : Allergic to fur, jealous etc..
- More autonomous socialisation : when a sims got friends, they rarely phone your sims to go to hangouts with groups.
- Jogging with dog.
- More pets animations/interactions with humans.
-Change the colour of the Sun, it's size.

I am sorry if something already exists, you know the sims 3 is big and full of surprises.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xzone7
Additional Skills Classes:
As it stands as and example, a sim takes a cooking class at a community lot in their home world for 1 skill point and cannot go back and take any more classes. What I would like to see is a sim to be able to take as many classes as they want including taking ten classes and completely maxing out a skill.

I think there was a mod that allowed your sims to enter weekly evening skill classes: http://modthesims.info/d/480804. It seems to still be working with 1.67-1.69, so maybe it'll help you with your problem!
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Right now, I'd really like a mod that had better death and grief reactions. I'd like my Sims to be affected lifelong by the loss of a parent, for instance.

Also could it be possible NOT to have an arm pat and thumbs up from a sims' partner or parent when she announces her pregnancy? Maybe add 1-2 animations that feel like a real announcement : Either extremely happy partner (jumping in each others arms like during an engagement for instance), or if the other sim dislikes children or hasn't a high relationship with your pregnant sim, a sad or angry reaction?

I mean who congratulates such a life change with an arm pat and thumbs up?
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:30 PM
I'm fighting a bit of a computer trojan right now, but iirc...
How to make a flat glass roof.
1) Get into the future.
2) Build a flat roof or using a flat floor.
3) In buy mode, under living room rugs, there should be a transparent window floor.

I used to make fake greenhouses that way so I could use a sprinkler, but it got to be too much of a hassle.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#50 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I wish there's a mod that stops loading up all the patterns when you go into CAST. You know, when you want to change the texture of something and you click the tool on it, it loads up all the freakin' textures in that category even though you plan to switch to a different texture category. It's ridiculous whoever designed this.

This please! It does this even depending on what object you hover above with your mouse when wielding the pattern tool. Without clicking anything.

It works as if someone for some reason thought it would be a good idea to buffer them, to speed things up. It just happens on the wrong moment. I wonder if they tested this on a machine where the patterns didn't have to be read from disk somehow. So they didn't experience the slow down. Still, even on a modern SSD it can slow the game down.
Page 2 of 35