Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#77 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:42 AM Last edited by daisylee : 21st Oct 2018 at 7:55 AM.
I just added those several items. Let me see if the train still comes? I did not have to use any cheat to edit it. The city looks pretty darn cool, I mean darn right cold, in winter. Brrrrr.

edit: train came
Then changed to a festival lot zoning and a train came. I did not add the marker though and use it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#78 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
I tried mimicking the color schemes to the best of my abilities.

Obviously they don't look as good (or as dirty) as the shells, but they are playable, so that was my goal..

Those are great! I had the same problem with the lots I've made too though. They look too clean and new. If you're going to upload them maybe you could have a furnished and unfurnished option? Then people could decide whether to use them as residential or commercial buildings.

I did some building and some altering of other lots. Pics under the spoiler tag.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#79 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:56 PM
I got bored of building and decided to move some sims in to see what the world was like to play in. One thing I've found is that if sims have jobs that are located in the subway, it takes them a long time to get there and they end up being late for work. I also had a weird glitch with the school. I have pics though! (Just thought I'd edit this in. I've found a lot of wildflowers spawning in the back alleys, which is nice! And there's also a lot of creepy paparazzi lurking in the alleyways, even though I have celebrities switched off.)

I really have to stop playing the sims now and do some normal human stuff. Like clean my house.

If you find any more cool Boroughsburg stuff or have any pictures to share please add them here, I'd love to see. It's such a photogenic world!
Mad Poster
#81 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:42 AM
It looks like you both are having a great time playing this. There is a lot of potential if the time is taken to work on this world.
Theorist
#83 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:16 PM
^ ^ Once you download a world, you’re free to tamper with it any way you like. Don’t worry about the creators sensibilities or vision. it’s your game, customise it as you see fit.

On the topic of dropping lots down into Boroughsburg, I find that in this hood in particular, it’s almost pointless. They won’t fit the surroundings as good as builds that are designed for it specifically.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#85 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:53 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 26th Oct 2018 at 3:03 AM.
I finally got around to uploading some of those lots, (though MTS only allows 2 uploads at a time) the others are done too, and I will upload them as soon as the first two are accepted.

Is it odd that the part that I was stuck on the most was thinking of the names and descriptions for them?
Mad Poster
#87 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:27 AM
Damn, looks awesome so far. Very nicely detailed.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#89 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:30 AM
Those interiors look really good!

Jje1000, when do you think the new version will be out?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#90 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Those interiors look really good!

Jje1000, when do you think the new version will be out?

Not anytime soon, unfortunately, as I have too much on my plate atm.

If anyone is interested, I could use some of the lots people have worked on here just to get a head-start in filling in the city.
Instructor
#92 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:44 PM
What have you guys done with the Moshe's Broadway Deli? (That unfurnished little community lot with the colorful 7/11 stripes?) I'm thinking about furnishing it to become something useful, but also something not so obvious (like a consignment store), I would prefer a more unusual assignment.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 3:15 AM
Working on MoSA South Side (art gallery)

The exterior is practically done, buy it really needs some interior decor

Lot is 22 South Side St.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 6:20 PM
@jje1000
This world is amazing! Thank you so so soooo much for sharing this piece of art <3
It loads very quickly and runs smoothly on my computer.

It's got the perfect size. I do not play often with horses, but i do like 2 or 3 in a town, and even though this world is small, i will be able to build a farm (:
The sounds in the background are really really nice. I cannot find the right words to describe how aaaaaweeeesoooome this world is!
Mad Poster
#96 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:18 PM
A farm......in Brooklyn?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:27 PM
Yes sure, never heard of those special... city horses? they love to...stay still and look around... i think.
I am still using your reshader, thanks a lot :D

Hmm first, i thought, it would be a bit complicated to put all those packages in the right folders, but it was a lot easier than i expected. I tested this world for a while in livemode and it's working fine (:
Mad Poster
#98 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@jje1000
This world is amazing! Thank you so so soooo much for sharing this piece of art <3
It loads very quickly and runs smoothly on my computer.

It's got the perfect size. I do not play often with horses, but i do like 2 or 3 in a town, and even though this world is small, i will be able to build a farm (:
The sounds in the background are really really nice. I cannot find the right words to describe how aaaaaweeeesoooome this world is!

Thank you! I'm definitely trying to build up a collection of lots that I can start placing into the world, and there's been plenty of great lots that I've snagged already!

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
A farm......in Brooklyn?

It's more common than you think!

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:42 PM
Hello again (:
Hmm could you possibly tell me where you put all the spawners?
Mad Poster
#100 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:42 PM
The world has all spawners from Basegame up to Late Night, as those are the base requirements for the world.

Spawners farther away from lots are more valuable.
Page 4 of 13