Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 4:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashing during Gameplay
I wanna just say this before I go on, I have applied the 4gb patched & did the graphics card thing (don't remember what it's called) and just doubled checked it before coming here.

During gameplay, could be a sim day or less into household gameplay and my game crashes. I was wondering if someone could help me out before I do the 50/50 by looking at sims 2 exception log & object error log.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.07 22.44.58.txt (14.0 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N006_t61781.txt (55.2 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 4:03 PM
It seems it's for a food item, but it's not for certain this item actually caused the crash. Could be a modded dish or a food-related mod of some sort, especially if it happens when sims eat, or something entirely different. Object errors (especially for crashes) don't always tell you exactly what caused the error, but if you get errors for the same items or same sim every time, that's usually a good clue.

What are your computer specs?

Does the game crash during any particular things you're doing ingame, for instance when in the buy/build menu or looking through CAS/clothes or other menus?
Is it when using particular items?
When sims are doing something in particular (eating, cooking, etc.), or is it different every time?
Is it particular lots?
Do you have a lot of CC (and roughly how much)?
Are the lots you're using small or big?
Do you have many sims on each lot?
Do you use CC that's high-poly or have high quality textures (4t2 items can sometimes be a problem if it's related to having too much CC or CC that's too heavy to render)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 6:15 PM
Does the game crash during any particular things you're doing ingame, for instance when in the buy/build menu or looking through CAS/clothes or other menus?
Is it when using particular items?
It's during gameplay with a family. Like I'll have a sim at work and another at home, then their both home and a little later it crashes.
When sims are doing something in particular (eating, cooking, etc.), or is it different every time?
Is it particular lots?
I honestly can't remember what their doing, I think it's different each time, I'm not sure. I'll try to keep a better watch next time!
Do you have a lot of CC (and roughly how much)? Yes, always have tbh ^^: umm it's hard to give an estimate but my cas fold has about 22000 to give you an idea. My build-buy has 12000 (these are both rough numbers).
Are the lots you're using small or big? I've played 2 different households (with different lot sizes) and they crashed both times at different points.
Do you have many sims on each lot? One household had a single sim, the other had 3 than 4.
Do you use CC that's high-poly or have high quality textures (4t2 items can sometimes be a problem if it's related to having too much CC or CC that's too heavy to render) I do have some I think

I used the Sims2HCDU to find conflicting mods which seems to have helped but I'm still not sure if it's fixed tbh. I'll get this error during gameplay, in every household
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 9:10 PM
Nevermind on the finding conflicting mods helping, gonna try running it again to see if I missed any though. The first time I was paying bills, and the second my sim was sleeping.
I'll also try removing food mods, and here's the new crash report if you wanna look over it ^^; I'v included the most recent one and the one before that, plus object errors? I don't know if those will help ^^:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.08 16.04.01.txt (14.0 KB, 0 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N006_t158137.txt (62.9 KB, 2 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N006_t158197.txt (62.9 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.08 14.02.37.txt (14.0 KB, 0 downloads)
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 10:32 PM
I've recently found out about this tool, it might be able to tell you if it's a particular piece of CC that's messing with your gameplay.

EDIT: for some reason the page is not downloading, but the tool is called "What caused this" - hope the link will load soon!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 11:39 PM
Thanks I will give it a try ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:19 AM
So I removed the mods that the object log said it could be from the what caused this tool, it doesn't seem to read anything other than object logs. My last two crashes haven't created object logs, they just crashed. Looking in my logs folder tho, I do have exceptions from both times.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.08 21.15.28.txt (14.0 KB, 4 downloads)
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.08 18.30.25.txt (14.0 KB, 6 downloads)