Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 10:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Overpowered wants (w/ pictures)
Hello,

I have a family Sim (without any secondary asp) who rolled some VERY powerful wants, like max a skill for +25k AP (!!), see a ghost for +10k AP, meet aliens for +25k and woohoo in public (for a family Sim?) for +10k. I've never seen that!

Any idea why? I recently modified my WantTrees.package but I didn't touch these kind of wants, I just disabled some annoying hobby wants. Even if I put back my original WantTrees.package it doesn't change the crazy amount of AP when I refresh the wants.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 12:06 PM
I think you might have messed something up in modding the want trees, because public woohoo wants are only 5k and I'm pretty sure so are ghost wants. It could also be the result of some very unrelated mod conflict too, sometimes they cause errors in places you wouldn't expect. Have you tried a 50-50 with the unedited want trees package?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 12:34 PM
She doesn't roll these wants anymore so I'll wait until I have them again. Another Sim has rolled the want to see a ghost and it's +3k, not 10k like the other Sim. Another thing, I compressed in SimPE the things I modified of WantTrees.package, maybe it messed something up?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 12:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Apr 2021 at 3:14 PM.
They can get the "maximize skill" want if they're at level 9 (usually if they've already climbed through the other levels - it's one that likes to roll through all of them step by step), but I can't remember how much it's worth - pretty sure it's not 25000 though. Family sims can roll the higher skill wants if you concentrate on skilling with them.

The other ones seem more overpowered than usual, and look more like a knowledge sim rolled them, unless something very unusual happened to that sim. Normally these wants are 2500-5000-7500 (maybe a few up toward 10000, but I don't think it's these) depending on which ones they are. Looks like an extra 0 was added to them, or something like it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 2:51 PM
I had a quick look on The Sims Wiki (not the most reliable source, I know, but it's something), and these are said to be the normal values of these wants:

Maximise Skill - +8,000 Aspiration Points, 0 Influence Points.
See a Ghost - +3,000 Aspiration Points, 0 Influence Points.
Meet Aliens - +8,000 Aspiration Points, +2,000 Influence Points.

Sell a Masterpiece and Public Woohoo weren't on the list for some reason, so I don't know the exact values of these wants. However, considering how much AP your sim would gain in comparison to the actual value of these wants, it's safe to say that those two would be incorrect, too.

I would go through your mods to see if you have anything else that effects wants. If you want to be sure that it is caused by a mod, then you can generate a new 'The Sims 2' folder by renaming your original one (I just add an underscore and a random extra letter) and load your game up. If these wants still appear, then there could be something amiss with your game files, or something. If they don't, then it's one of four things:
A) It could simply be an error with this particular family sim.
B) Something could be wrong with the neighbourhood (test other hoods to be sure).
C) A one off glitch, since you said she hasn't rolled these wants since.
D) An odd mod conflict of some kind.

In the case of a mod conflict being the reason, you can use the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU) linked here if you have the disc version of the game, or here if you use the Ultimate Collection. Then you can perform a 50/50 to find the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 4:49 PM
Thanks for your help y'all!