Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Transparent Sim

by Bink13y Posted 8th Jul 2005 at 3:27 AM

184 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 182 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 8:04 AM
Cool!!! Its all transparently!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 8:05 AM
Awesome! Just recently I was wondering how to make a proper ghost family in Strangetown. Thanks :D

"Do you not think it a matter worthy of Lamentation that, while there are so many worlds, we have not yet conquered one?" - Alexander the Great
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 9:00 AM
Thankyou Binky! Will have lotsa fun with this one! :D

20% of the world uses 80% of the worlds resources.
Just a reminder.
~spread some peace today~
Field Researcher
#29 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 9:23 AM
Okay, I made a sim (actually a male and female, but dropped the male).
Looks good, though you have to choose the hair and clothes carefully, as most hair comes out as a mix of full color and transparent. Most of the makeup is okay, and you can get wonderful effects with different eyes.
The one thing that bugged me (and it's just the way maxis designed the body parts) is the mouth, specificly the mesh for the teeth, which shows through, but I can live with that.
Now I've got a full-time "ghost" who can go to work. Thanks again, Bink!
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 10:26 AM
yups, theres simply no way around the teeth without doing a global hack that would de-denture every sim in the game...
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 10:55 AM
woah!!! that's amazing 8D
Forum Resident
#32 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:37 AM
This is very nice. thank you :D
Instructor
#33 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:50 AM
Ten shades of coolness! I'm so excited and inspired!
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 11:56 AM
T_T mwe~, it's scary~! *hides*
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:03 PM
Wow, that's great!
Reminds me of Theme Hospital. :D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 1:33 PM
Oh I love this so bad
Instructor
#37 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:01 PM
Praise: I was so inspired that I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took of a sim I made with your skin. This is my "glass princess doll." I had a lot of fun experimenting... I find it looks really good with the glowing blue robotic eyes you made earlier...

Criticism: I agree that the teeth thing is somewhat annoying- is there any way to fix that by making that one part of the skin fully transparent? I also noticed, when I was testing it out, that the head seems to look different from the body- slightly less transparent? Still, not too noticable. I've had an issue with that with other skins too, so maybe it's just me.

I took a bunch of pics so you can see how it looks different with different lighting and background colors. Details of the sim seem easiest to spot at night or with low lighting, outside in the day it kind of glows...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:02 PM
Very cool looking
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:37 PM
Lovely bubble sim! =D
Will download for sure!
_Sprinklett_
Instructor
#40 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
not quite invisible, but as transparent as a soap bubble. This is a full genetic skintone that will even cause clothing to take on it's characteristics.

I'm posting this here in Sci-Fi cuz it has fun sci-fi story potentials.

Might play around more with material definitions and try for full invisibility, but it gets a bit buggy.

:wow: Bink! this is off the hook! I am blown away (soap bubble pun intended)!

You do some of the most unusual work that hits all the spots Maxis missed, this one is truly one of the most stunning achievements; I am picturing the Soap Bubble girl and Ice man having kids - hehe.

Whenever you have something new like this you have got to bust me in the head on live chat and say HEY! GO LOOK WHAT I DID! unless you're planning another Randy McAcne *shudder*

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:52 PM
Great work...Just wish you could get it without having to have the EP.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:56 PM
@Makai: The spongebob episode was the first I had to think about, too...
Instructor
#43 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
yups, theres simply no way around the teeth without doing a global hack that would de-denture every sim in the game...

oh never mind then...
I thought it was possible because of a special skin I have that adds braces to the teeth. But I know nothing about the whole process. Thanks again for the skin.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:11 PM
A living sim ghost. Clear as glass. Excellent!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dackster
Great work...Just wish you could get it without having to have the EP.

I don't have the EP and it works great.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 4:12 PM
wow... that´s crazy!!!
thanx!!!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 4:18 PM
[QUOTE=Makai]Very clever. I remember one Spongebob episode where he had a Bubble Buddy.. this just reminded me of it.

happy leafbarickson day! hing dinga dergin!

oh yeah thanks bink13y as with all your work its fantabulous!
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#48 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 4:30 PM
Wonder why so many just assume it needs the EP. This is just a material definition file tweek of a standard sims2 skintone. The alpha channel is reset to treat it as a transparent object and it has a mild reflectivity setting added to make it a bit shimmery like a bubble. Sims were never designed to be transparent so a few funky effects will show through. Actualy i had no idea if this thing was anyuse at all and wasent going to even bother uploading it till Delphy guilted me into it. Probibly revenge for the infamous Delphinator Sim :D
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 4:51 PM
Wow....that is amazing and very cool thanks for sharing!!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:01 PM
Very nice thank you
Page 2 of 8