Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Testers Wanted) Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 18th Mar 2008 at 2:49 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:34 PM by Nysha

401 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 395 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 17
Test Subject
#326 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:52 PM
If you've answered this question before sorry for posting again. Will downloading this do any overwriting of existing Sims in neighbourhoods or will they all be carried into the new lots with the Megahood?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#327 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:56 PM
tlmalone - It's a completely separate neighborhood. It will change absolutely nothing about your existing neighborhoods.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#328 Old 5th May 2009 at 2:36 AM
oh my sweet baby Jesus, you are my new favorite creator/modder/person with too much time on their hands/etc.

One question though... I own FT, but it bogs down my computer even more than it usually is... Bogged. So will I be okay if I download the town from that EP, but I don't add it as a shopping district and use the others?
#329 Old 5th May 2009 at 5:46 AM
Sorry to double comment, but I'm having trouble with this. This is the first nbh I've ever tried to install. Can someone help?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#330 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:37 AM
strike-a-violent-posex3 - This requires FT, period. If you want to uninstall FT and not use FT, then you'll need to use a combined 'hood that doesn't require FT. I don't have one but there's a link in my first post to the tutorial thread by SaraMK on MATY - maybe someone did a version without the FT neighborhood.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
#331 Old 6th May 2009 at 8:07 PM
I'm sure I commented this, but I can't find it, so here I am, being pesty. Sorry :P

Anyway, all my neighborhoods are empty, nothing whatsoever is in them. Is it possible to fix this?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#332 Old 6th May 2009 at 8:09 PM
strike-a-violent-posex3 - Sounds like something went weird. Try redownloading?

Test Subject
#333 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:07 AM
Could you make this without Desierta Valley? I don't have Freetime, but this is awesome.
Test Subject
#334 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:52 PM
Was desperate to try this, but don't have FreeTime (SecuROM = no thanks). Ah well, good job anyway, looks like a lot of work went into it!
Test Subject
#335 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:43 PM
Thanks a lot for this. I deleted the Maxis neighbourhoods ages ago, and I've been wanting to get some of the sims back.
Test Subject
#336 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
help me!

it was slow.
Lab Assistant
#337 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 10:08 AM
I understand your pain, HP. I just combined Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville with Bluewater village and Riverblossom Hills (because I don't have Freetime), and I think I was lucky to have your detailed tutorial...it was a great help!

However, I'm worried as to what would happen to my game if I installed Freetime and Bon Voyage.
#338 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 8:28 PM
Yeah, I`m waiting until I install ALL of the Sims 2 expansions before I download this. When I do, though, I`ll get the updated version that includes the Apartment Life neighborhood, too.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#339 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:14 PM
Hmm.... I'm so terribly sorry to bother you with this (especially in July '09!) but I was playing this neighborhood (great one, by the way) and I experienced no problems until I went to play the Monty household where Romeo and Mercutio live. When the game had loaded the household about halfway, it suddenly reported that it crashed. My game crashes all the time, so I thought it was just one of its spells, but because it had never crashed while loading before I wondered. I tried to load the family again after restarting the computer and the game and the same thing happened.

I have custom content but it had never crashed the game while loading a lot or any other new screen (adjoining downtowns/shopping districts and create-a-family) so I wondered if there was something with the particular family.... Of course, it could always be my computer reminding me that it has its wires crossed.

Sorry to bother you and thank you for any help!
Test Subject
#340 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:43 AM
What About Belldona Grove???`

Making Magic > Supernatural
Test Subject
#341 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Beautyheart18
Hmm.... I'm so terribly sorry to bother you with this (especially in July '09!) but I was playing this neighborhood (great one, by the way) and I experienced no problems until I went to play the Monty household where Romeo and Mercutio live. When the game had loaded the household about halfway, it suddenly reported that it crashed. My game crashes all the time, so I thought it was just one of its spells, but because it had never crashed while loading before I wondered. I tried to load the family again after restarting the computer and the game and the same thing happened.

Same here, so far it seems to be the only family that causes a crash - either while loading the lot, trying to move them out or have a sim call them. Is there anything I could do to fix it? I`ve tried the common ways (deleting groups.cache, moving DLs out, etc.) and it didn`t help.

And big thank you with a cherry on the top for the DL, dude, it rocks.
Test Subject
#342 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 8:32 PM
How many additional families it can handle?
#343 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:06 PM
More to the point with me, how many additional *SIMS* can it handle?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
retired moderator
Original Poster
#344 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 8:16 PM
I don't think anyone knows of a specific hard limit for sims/families so there's no answer I can give to that besides "quite a bit more than it already has." There are a bunch of sims and families to start with - more than you would have in a normal neighborhood, but you should be able to add quite a lot more without ill effects. As always, make sure to back up your game periodically just in case - but that's something you should do whether you're playing this or a regular neighborhood.

Test Subject
#345 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:24 PM
it's been said 100 times before but, thank you!! Can't wait to load it up and play. your awesome.
Test Subject
#346 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:05 PM
Good !! =)
Lab Assistant
#347 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 5:41 PM
ok here it is:
if i download this unrar it and place this in my sims 2 neighborhoods directory, i will have pleasntview, strangetown and that tird one (i cannot remember the name of it) in one?

ok i already have two pleasntviews will this add it as a third pleasntview?

mrnapolean1 is looking forward for Avatar 2! :)
Scholar
#348 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrnapolean1
ok here it is:
if i download this unrar it and place this in my sims 2 neighborhoods directory, i will have pleasntview, strangetown and that tird one (i cannot remember the name of it) in one?

ok i already have two pleasntviews will this add it as a third pleasntview?

It's a brand new, separate neighborhood. This will be the third Pleasantview, but when you play the neighborhood, there's going to be all the other premade neighborhoods (along with the two that came with Seasons and FreeTime) together in the Shopping District Chooser.
Test Subject
#349 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 12:14 AM
Hi I was REEEAAAALLLY not thinking and deleted my Mega-Hood in order to download my Uber-Mega-Hood but now I really miss my previous legacy, and I uninstalled Apartment Life. Is there anyway to get my previous game back (aka game in Mega-Hood without re-downloading)????
Test Subject
#350 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 7:08 PM
Just leaving a comment to let you know that your Megahood (and Uber-Megahood) are both broken links. I have tried both the "huge, one file" version, and the strings of twenty or thirty files. None of them work; they point me to an advertising company (expired domain).
Page 14 of 17