Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 4:42 PM
Default Need help with Custom reward traits
I have created two custom reward traits, and I can get them to show up in the reward store separately, so by themselves they should be working, but they will not show up at the same time. Can anyone help me how to fix this?

I used Sims 4 Studio to check the trait IDs (not completely sure where to see it, but I gave it a try) and none of the numbers seem to be the same for the two traits, so I'm thinking that's not it, but I could totally be wrong.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:47 AM
That's because you overrode the same module. You either add both to one copy of the module, which can still cause conflicts with other people's reward traits, or you instead inject with XML Injector. It has documentation on how to add it, just download the modders documentation and open the example.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:32 PM
Okay, so I tried to do as you suggested with the XML Injector - went and downloaded the modders documentation, but the example file only has examples of how to add a purchase interaction, as far as I can see at least.
I tried a bunch of different things, though - you know, the trial and error method - but haven't figured it out yet, so thought I'd ask again in case I could get some more guidance. This was the latest "version", I came up with:
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="XmlInjector" i="snippet" m="xml_injector.snippet" n="DemyxWaterton_Godrewardtrait_Reward" s="11559763275656310706">
<L n="add_satisfaction_store_rewards">
<U>
<T n="key">11559763275656310706<!--DemyxWaterton_Godrewardtrait_Reward--></T>
<U n="value">
<E n="award_type">TRAIT</E>
<T n="cost">50000</T>
</U>
</U>
</L>
</I>

Also, forgot to mention originally that to get the reward traits to work separately, I found and used this (outdated) guide: https://simsvip.com/2017/10/18/crea...e-reward-trait/
I am unsure whether I should still include the "whims tuning file" if I use the Injector?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 6:43 PM
S4_7DF2169C_00000000_C21D0DD92F9355B7_Triplis_XmlInjector_AddSatisfactionStoreRewards is the example file you need to look at, make sure you are downloading from the website I linked, not the old one on MTS. It looks like this, you were close:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="XmlInjector" i="snippet" m="xml_injector.snippet" n="Triplis_XmlInjector_AddSatisfactionStoreRewards" s="13987351244139877815">
  <L n="add_satisfaction_store_rewards">
    <U>
      <L n="new_items">
        <U>
          <T n="key">11881631250500706037<!--SimReward: Triplis_XmlInjector_AddSatisfactionStoreRewardsTest_RewardTrait--></T>
          <U n="value">
            <T n="cost">150</T>
          </U>
        </U>
        <U>
          <T n="key">13805301622587826722<!--SimReward: Triplis_XmlInjector_AddSatisfactionStoreRewardsTest_RewardTrait_Alternate--></T>
          <U n="value">
            <T n="cost">100</T>
          </U>
        </U>
      </L>
    </U>
  </L>
</I>

And no, do not use the whims tuning file anymore, not even when testing the injector as that might cause issues.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon