Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 13th Apr 2021 at 6:20 AM. Reason: Removed Links; Mod is now in the Queue
Default Fell Out of Love Memory & Repeatable Fell in Love
So while I was working on making repeatable enemies, I noticed that the Fell in Love with Subject memory was also Unique per Sim. But what's more so, is that when you make it repeatable, the game gives the Fell in Love memory when sims fall out of love, too. There's no memory for falling out of love. That all seemed theoretically easy to fix--and it was, mostly because Midgethetree/Radium helped me out a bunch and told me what bhav to fix.

Anyway, because this is a slightly more complicated mod, I'd like to test it and see if anyone has any problems. Repeatable Fell in Love is available for testing, too. You will most likely need AL, because that's what I used to make both mods, and Fell Out of Love Memory has two files; both are required.

Any feedback is appreciated!

ETA: Conflicts with Midgethetree's Romantic Standards Fall Out of Love Memory Fix, which shouldn't be needed because my mod fixes it by giving sims the Fell Out of Love memory instead.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 3:35 AM Last edited by CASnarl : 9th Apr 2021 at 3:45 AM.
Alright so here is how my testing went

It all started when CASnarl found herself in front of two hot Italians.

Friends, best friends, crushes, loves all in one go, totally normal.

Except the plan to fall out of love didn't go so well.... How come he doesn't care?? Guess I have to cheat that too.

Lowered the relationship and made them argue and tadaa! Fell out of love memory obtained.

But turns out he's the favorite after all, and they fell in love again and got the memory again. Still not sure why nobody is bothered but I doubt that's related to this - probably ACR or some MATY mod or who knows what.

I've just done this in a test hood, so I have yet to see how it works in my normal day to day gameplay. But I didn't have any issues so far. No wonkiness or crashing or anything of the such. HCDU doesn't find any conflicts with it with anything else I have. Before I test/play with it in my normal game I have a question - how safe is it to remove should I desire to?

@Phantomknight because you're right I don't think many people check these threads
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 10th Apr 2021 at 9:45 PM.
Thank you for testing! And, yes, I forgot the note about memories. Just like any other memory mod, you need to remove the memory from sims that have it before removing the mod.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her