Locked thread | Replies: 730 (Who?), Viewed: 277225 times.
Page 28 of 30
Mad Poster
#676 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh-Prince
Thanks guys!

And thanks so much for that link jje1000! That is completely inspirational. I actually made a panorama for Vice City a while back, haha.


IMO, a massive amount of attention ought to be paid at the ground floor- that means streetscaping well above GTA III levels!

That'll make the world pop.
Test Subject
#677 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:00 PM
I finally got the latest version downloaded and I absolutely love it!:D
It's so beautiful and there are so many memories whenever I visit the Havana part and remember how they used to shoot at me as I drive by!
Ahh, good times!
Test Subject
#678 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:29 AM
Amazing
Scholar
Original Poster
#679 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 5:17 PM
Just curious about something. Would it be okay if Late night was required for this? I'm considering some options for this world, just don't know how I would implement the LN skyscrapers into the world since they are already built.
Field Researcher
#680 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 7:08 PM
Sounds good! Then you can make the clubs work properly :D
Inventor
#681 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh-Prince
Just curious about something. Would it be okay if Late night was required for this? I'm considering some options for this world, just don't know how I would implement the LN skyscrapers into the world since they are already built.


I think that would be awesome because then you are able to make several night clubs, like the Malibu club etc. It would make the night life more lively for sure! Most people have probably got several EPs at this point anyway.
Lab Assistant
#682 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 10:29 PM
It's been a while since I last checked on this thread. :P
I think it would be awesome if you do that. As both malfoya and theis said, it will make night clubs ans pubs more realistic. Giving a lot more life to the neighbourhood.

BRAINSTRIP | The media lab.
Theorist
#683 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 4:09 PM Last edited by tizerist : 15th Apr 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh-Prince
don't know how I would implement the LN skyscrapers into the world

I would highly recommend leaving those buildings out because they are not faithful to the place you are recreating, although I welcome using LN and ST assets.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#684 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 12:53 AM
The only thing that would concern me about the skyscrapers is that the late night towers are a different style and look to vice city towers, and late night towers would make the this city look less unique. They are not very 70's VC, it just wouldn't look as much like Vice City anymore.

Nightclubs would be great but i always thought they were incomplete without the DJ and singers, so people would want you to do a Showtime version too. If you add Showtime then you'll get people requesting more EPs. I think you should stick with the base game.
Test Subject
#685 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh-Prince
Just curious about something. Would it be okay if Late night was required for this? I'm considering some options for this world, just don't know how I would implement the LN skyscrapers into the world since they are already built.


Adding Late Night exp would be brilliant Not only would the bars etc fit in so well but also the bridges

The meaning of zen can be summed up in two words, NOT ALWAYS SO (Digstar on EA Sims 3)
Field Researcher
#686 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 11:06 AM
You could make custom highrises using late night and this method that is frankly excellent, as you can change the whole outside of the buildings!
http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...ontentId=391107

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Instructor
#687 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 1:42 PM
Another approach to making buildings is to use deco buildings, like those found in Manustyle's New York, or the Sim Francisco which has appeared in this section.

In fact, you might be able to convert buildings from GTA. I guess it's possible to convert the cars (and you would know more about that than I do.) But if the cars can be converted, the same probably is true of the buildings. I have only looked at this briefly, but there may be some conversion utilities to help you out.

The trick here would be to get the GTA buildings into a starndard format, like an .obj file while preserving the uv mapping and textures.
Scholar
Original Poster
#688 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 2:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I will use Late Night for all the features, but I will keep my skyscrapers and not use the default ones.

Murf, the only expansion pack I have is Late Night, so you wont have to worry about that.

Thanks for the tutorial Lennon!

High Plains Gamer, that's a good suggestion, but I personally think deco object buildings look a bit tacky. Not saying my "fake" skyscrapers are much better, but I prefer to make things as much as possible by using the in game tools.
Top Secret Researcher
#689 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 7:29 PM
You're using jynx's rugs for the rabbit holes, correct? because then you could make the city even more like the one in the game.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Test Subject
#690 Old 15th May 2012 at 1:18 AM Last edited by Digger065 : 15th May 2012 at 1:28 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide651
You're using jynx's rugs for the rabbit holes, correct? because then you could make the city even more like the one in the game.


The "rabbit holes" are hidden in basement lvls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf
The only thing that would concern me about the skyscrapers is that the late night towers are a different style and look to vice city towers, and late night towers would make the this city look less unique. They are not very 70's VC, it just wouldn't look as much like Vice City anymore.

Nightclubs would be great but i always thought they were incomplete without the DJ and singers, so people would want you to do a Showtime version too. If you add Showtime then you'll get people requesting more EPs. I think you should stick with the base game.


Surely more expansions the better. Sticking with just the base game would give VC a very bland feel. Although accuracy with detail is important and there is a huge OMG this is brilliant feel to VC, playability in the most important factor. (late reply I know bit grouchy too, no morning coffee lol )

The meaning of zen can be summed up in two words, NOT ALWAYS SO (Digstar on EA Sims 3)
Test Subject
DELETED POST
15th May 2012 at 1:26 AM
This message has been deleted by Digger065.
Lab Assistant
#691 Old 17th May 2012 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh-Prince
Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I will use Late Night for all the features, but I will keep my skyscrapers and not use the default ones.

Murf, the only expansion pack I have is Late Night, so you wont have to worry about that.


How pitty you only got Late Night now. you can now take advantage of showtime ambitions and town life stuff with late night and you get pure awesomeness game play but thats up to you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#692 Old 17th May 2012 at 1:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryhouse
How pitty you only got Late Night now. you can now take advantage of showtime ambitions and town life stuff with late night and you get pure awesomeness game play but thats up to you.


If someone can give me some money to buy those, I'd be all for that.
Test Subject
#693 Old 29th May 2012 at 1:54 PM
Wow! I am so happy that you're still working on this! I've downloaded a couple of your cars which are great as well, but yea, this all looks amazing and what you had to go through when you lost all your work (though luckily you left an older version on your bros computer), but yea...you've been putting a lot of effort into this and it's definitely turning out well!

I want to download it so badly, but I'm running The Sims 3, with Ambitions, Late Night, and Generations, so I'm very glad you have no extra requirements other than the base game (because every other world seems to require WA and Pets and I don't have those nor do I want them lol) and I love that you're not using CC! Not that it would be bad if you did choose to, but the way you're creating this world all on your own is very admirable and amazing, and I'm sure many others appreciate it as well.

I am just wondering though, I'm using a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop w intel Core i3 with Windows 7, and intel HD graphics, and 3GB of memory soo it's definitely not a high-tech laptop or anything, but one I would consider stable. But I'm still worried that because sometimes it does lag in game, I won't be able to properly run the world that you've created. Because I know when I started downloading it, it was 117 MB? I think?

Of course I expected around that size, so that's not any issue, but have you heard any problems from anyone running your world on a laptop, or anything that might be a problem at all? Most comments I've seen have all been good with regards to it but just wondering if there is any reason I should avoid downloading any new world due to my laptop and memory limits. I really would hate for my computer to be like "NOPE." and just shut down completely XD I'm not anywhere near full on memory left though...I don't know. Just want to be sure.

But anyway, love your work and I hope all continues to go well!
Test Subject
#694 Old 30th May 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candilove
Wow! I am so happy that you're still working on this! I've downloaded a couple of your cars which are great as well, but yea, this all looks amazing and what you had to go through when you lost all your work (though luckily you left an older version on your bros computer), but yea...you've been putting a lot of effort into this and it's definitely turning out well!

I want to download it so badly, but I'm running The Sims 3, with Ambitions, Late Night, and Generations, so I'm very glad you have no extra requirements other than the base game (because every other world seems to require WA and Pets and I don't have those nor do I want them lol) and I love that you're not using CC! Not that it would be bad if you did choose to, but the way you're creating this world all on your own is very admirable and amazing, and I'm sure many others appreciate it as well.

I am just wondering though, I'm using a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop w intel Core i3 with Windows 7, and intel HD graphics, and 3GB of memory soo it's definitely not a high-tech laptop or anything, but one I would consider stable. But I'm still worried that because sometimes it does lag in game, I won't be able to properly run the world that you've created. Because I know when I started downloading it, it was 117 MB? I think?

Of course I expected around that size, so that's not any issue, but have you heard any problems from anyone running your world on a laptop, or anything that might be a problem at all? Most comments I've seen have all been good with regards to it but just wondering if there is any reason I should avoid downloading any new world due to my laptop and memory limits. I really would hate for my computer to be like "NOPE." and just shut down completely XD I'm not anywhere near full on memory left though...I don't know. Just want to be sure.

But anyway, love your work and I hope all continues to go well!


Nevermind -__- someone just told me that I basically could download larger worlds since I have the room available too, but based on my system specs, it probably wouldn't be the best thing to do. So I might just have to wait until I'm able to get a better computer that can handle The Sims 3 properly. Oh well..keep up the awesome work on your world though! Can't wait until I'm actually able to use it. :]
Test Subject
#695 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 6:28 PM
Hey FP. I saw your VC world on Flabaliki's skyscraper tutorial and had to check it out. Your designs are awesome. I've only just started using CAW but I can't imagine ever being able to build such a complex and beautiful world. I can't even get my sidewalks to behave themselves at present! I've downloaded VC and look forward to exploring it from a Sim's eye view (once I've worked out how to add it to TS3, lol), and am going to have a browse through your other designs now (the VW Beetle looks amazing - how about a classic VW campervan next?!) Keep up the incredible and inspiring work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#696 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:07 AM
Thank you guys! It's much appreciated!

I've been working a bit on making the interiors of houses and finishing them off. I was thinking that I might just upload each house and offer it to download on my website as I finish them one by one. This way everyone can have a crack at testing them, and any fixes I can include in the final version of VC if I ever get to it. Anyone think that's a good idea?
Theorist
DELETED POST
2nd Jul 2012 at 7:01 PM
This message has been deleted by tizerist.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
13th Jul 2012 at 12:39 AM
This message has been deleted by carlito.
Top Secret Researcher
#697 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:58 PM
cool beans, I'd love to test out such a stunnahng world that's like 100000000000× better than mine (playa del alto) to be fair you've have been devoting most of your time to this for the past 1.5years along with your fabulous cars. I love it though so <3 Sims 3 vice city!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Call me Samuel!
Test Subject
#698 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 9:38 AM
will this world contain any CC?
Inventor
#699 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 11:29 AM
Stunning world.Great job Fresh Prince
Test Subject
#700 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:26 PM
Default Vice City!!
This town looks WONDERFUL!!! I downloaded it a few months earlier and began populating and designing interiors of different buildings. I was wondering if you could make some police cars and or taxi cabs that say "Vice City"? I think that would add alot to this town.
Thanks!

Locked thread
Page 28 of 30
Back to top