Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 8:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Broken lot freezes and jump error bugs
SHOCK HORROR

It all started with the conjure food-spell. It glitched and the spellcaster got stars around his hands that won't go away and throwing errors continuously. Then I noticed the fairies on the lot (from Sun&Moon) are throwing errors all of the time as well. The lag is crazy. I hoped this would go away if I just deleted the fairies and the sim. I'm never using that spell again. It hasn't worked in a long time. (The pink flashing is gone now so that isn't the problem.)

It completely broke the lot. Freezes every 5 seconds for 2 minutes and there's jump bugs every time I click on the active sim. Juuuuust great. I'm going to have to investigate and see if there's another way than moving them out of the lot because that's a pain. Maybe removing the downloads I just installed. The jump error bug was already there before that but it always just affected one sim temporarily, not the entire household.

I recently downloaded:
Sun&Moon fairies
Sun & Moon refine and shine
Sun & Moon mining
Lot sync timer
scrap named painting

If anyone knows another way, please let me know. I already tried moving them out and it worked but the stay objects shrub doesn't keep non buyable objects and there's hundreds of those. So it's the absolute last resort. I also tried moving all of them out except one and killing that sim. Then moving them back in. That fixed the lag but not the jump bugs, and they also lost all clothes. So again, not unless there's no other way. I also tried many of the bat box options, forcing errors on everything. Did not work.

I use most of these objects on another lot and there were no issues there. The difference was on this lot I used that damn spell because that's where it started. I also used lot sync timer on this lot and then i removed it because it didn't do what I wanted. And it said there could be problems if removed without uninstalling. But the thing is I didn't save after using it, and i did click Uninstall before deleting it from the lot anyway.

Please help
Cleaned yesterday and now I have to clean sims as well

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 8:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Dec 2020 at 9:06 PM.
Jump bugs are usually caused by a mod conflict (or several). Have you checked the error logs to see if they said anything useful?

If it's not a direct conflict, most likely there's something on the lot causing errors. The errors could be tied to the lot, which is why they persist even when you move sims out. Could be mods, but it could also be objects.

Been a while since I've used the AL spells - does the "conjure food" one conjure up maxis-only food, or can it make CC food, too? If it can make CC food, it could be an idea to check if you have any food-related mods or CC-foods that could be causing trouble.

If you have the pink flashy issue regularly, have you done anything to fix that, like GraphicRules fixes (there's a line you can edit that helps - especially if you used the old GRM, and some people find the DXVK fix helpful).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 11:55 PM
The conjure food spell can definitely create custom foods.

If there's a problem with something on the lot specifically, turning off debug mode and then using the lot debugger to force errors on everything often works.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Jump bugs are usually caused by a mod conflict (or several). Have you checked the error logs to see if they said anything useful?

If it's not a direct conflict, most likely there's something on the lot causing errors. The errors could be tied to the lot, which is why they persist even when you move sims out. Could be mods, but it could also be objects.

Been a while since I've used the AL spells - does the "conjure food" one conjure up maxis-only food, or can it make CC food, too? If it can make CC food, it could be an idea to check if you have any food-related mods or CC-foods that could be causing trouble.

If you have the pink flashy issue regularly, have you done anything to fix that, like GraphicRules fixes (there's a line you can edit that helps - especially if you used the old GRM, and some people find the DXVK fix helpful).

Thank you so much! After much trying, it's now fixed! I checked the error logs and turns out the culprit for the jump bugs was macrotastics. I'm going to try to put it back in the game now that the problem is fixed because when it works it's so convenient But if this happens again to this scale I might have to manage without it.
It also turns out that what I did earlier, moving all except one out and then killing that sim and moving them back in again only solved the freezing problem temporarily. The problem came back after a few sim hours of testing. So I ended up downloading a mod to make magic reagents buyable, and I also made the gemstones from Sun&Moon buyable in SimPE. Because there were a lot of those on the lot which would've been a pain to replace. After that I packed their other non-buyable items in their inventory and then I used the moveout object stayer bush, moved out the family, used the bush fix by Mootilda, moved them back in again. And then it was fixed! It runs a 1000 times smoother now, like it should! I had to reapply the visitor controller stuff ofc, and the service ppl. But otherwise things are back to normal again :lovestruc
(Wrote this in detail in case someone else runs into the problem.)

I had a hack affecting the conjure food-spell: MTS2_NDR_VMS_AL_NutrimensPlugIn
I wonder if that was what started the freezing, or if it's just perfectly correlated . I removed the mod of course, and now the spell works again without glitches. My theory is that once I used that spell, the game never stopped trying to conjure the food over and over which caused the freezing every 3 seconds. Because it also got worse and worse. I also wondered if it was some wolf trying to enter the lot or something, because they cause freezing sometimes. But the only thing that worked was moving them out and back again. Glad I didn't have to bulldoze the lot at least.

For your last question, I could swear I did download and use the graphics rules maker, but now I can't find the program on my computer. Anyway it most often happens if I've played for a long time, at that point it's time to close the game anyway. Or if a lot seriously glitches out like this one. So it's not a big enough deal for me to fiddle with that as well right now. But thanks for the tips!

Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:39 AM
I've got three of those things you installed recently and have had them for a while without issues though the fairies and the scrap named ainting aren't included and tons of other content in my game and only had one jump bug issue once installing a lockable garage doors Mod that broke locking regular doors and it stopped when that Mod was removed so I decided to play without that since I want to use apartments more in downtown areas and for newcomers.That issue can also start up from overusing the sethour cheat and that one is a game-breaker if it happenes.I used the time freezer clock to replace the cheat for community lot travel before the Mod that fixed the issue got installed.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
For your last question, I could swear I did download and use the graphics rules maker, but now I can't find the program on my computer. Anyway it most often happens if I've played for a long time, at that point it's time to close the game anyway. Or if a lot seriously glitches out like this one. So it's not a big enough deal for me to fiddle with that as well right now. But thanks for the tips!

Then you probably don't have the pink-flashy issue that needs immediate fixing. The old GRM removed a line that for newer cards causes them to send the game in to a pink-flashing hell, but the new one fixes it (or adds it back, not sure?). If you only get very occasional pink-flashing, it's probably not a problem, or you may not have edited with GRM. (I do wonder if there's more that GRM editing has done to my game - struggled with the pink-flahy thing for several months... :/)

It is possible to edit the GR files manually, of course.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
That issue can also start up from overusing the sethour cheat and that one is a game-breaker if it happenes.I used the time freezer clock to replace the cheat for community lot travel before the Mod that fixed the issue got installed.

Oh really? Do you have more information about that?
I do use sethour quite a lot, but not on that lot. And definitely not before the jump bugs and freezing began so I think it's totally unrelated.
Have you been able to use macrotastics without issues? Which are the 3 downloads you talked about?
Maybe it's a conflict then but HCDU doesn't tell me anything.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 6:44 PM
Never heard about the SetHour cheat being a game breaker (but if that borkage is tied to spesific mods, I guess it could be?), although I do try to avoid times around carpools, aging, and other potentially troubly times of the day - basically whenever something important is supposed to happen and the time of day should trigger it. If you set the hour to that particular time, I've noticed a few times that the event isn't properly triggered, which can be very problematic like with carpools. I usually set the clock to an hour before, just to be on the safe side.

(IMostly I just use it to change the time on my story lots - keep these lots on the first Monday at around 09.00, so they never get carpools. It's a way to get around using mods).