2 people viewing
Replies: 310 (Who?), Viewed: 417298 times.
Page 13 of 13
Test Subject
#301 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 8:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_overlord
Hello,

I have no idea if this message will be seen, but I tried following the instructions multiple times and testing the game with the nointro package in my mods/packages folder and it doesn't appear to be working? In my TSM folder, there is nothing called game/bin so maybe this is what is wrong? Mine looks like: documents/electronic arts/the sims medieval/currentgame.tsm, installedworlds, saves, thumbnails, caspartcache,compositorcache,deviceconfig.log,options.ini,simscompositorcache, TSMLOGS.xml

If anyone still plays TSM, sees this and knows how to fix it, please get back to me as soon as you can

Thanks!

You're in the My Document section of your computer. You need to be in the game files section (usually found under program files or program files (62).)
Test Subject
#302 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 5:20 PM
I know this is an old thread, but could someone help me i think i did everything right yet none of the mods are working.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#303 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 2:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qveen_layjah
I know this is an old thread, but could someone help me i think i did everything right yet none of the mods are working.

Same boat as you. Did you figure it out?
Test Subject
#304 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:41 AM
SO I FIGURED IT OUT!
I am a Windows 10 user in 2020 and was having the WORST TIME getting this to work for me! It seriously took me two days to figure it out!

My Problem: I had my mods/packages in my Programs(x86) [where it was installed], this was correct. My resource file was in Programs(x86)/the sims medieval, this was correct. My game crashed any time I tried to load it up, and I could tell my mods were not working because my intro was still playing before the load crash.

My Solution: In my mods/packages, I noticed I had two debug packages which I thought might be a problem. I tried each one in the file at a time, and tried to start and my game, which crashed both times during start up. SO, I ended up taking both out and put all my hairs and rugs and stuff back in and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE! So the debug files (both and individually) were not necessary and why it was not working.

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!
Best of luck, and much butt length custom content hair to you!
Test Subject
#305 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:32 AM
I have Windows 10 - 2020 and I can't get any of the Mods to install. I have been going crazy for several days. I tried watching some of the video's and they just made me more crazy. I would like to know how to get the Mods to install via Launcher.
Test Subject
#306 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 3:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_overlord
Hello,

I have no idea if this message will be seen, but I tried following the instructions multiple times and testing the game with the nointro package in my mods/packages folder and it doesn't appear to be working? In my TSM folder, there is nothing called game/bin so maybe this is what is wrong? Mine looks like: documents/electronic arts/the sims medieval/currentgame.tsm, installedworlds, saves, thumbnails, caspartcache,compositorcache,deviceconfig.log,options.ini,simscompositorcache, TSMLOGS.xml

If anyone still plays TSM, sees this and knows how to fix it, please get back to me as soon as you can

Thanks!

I'm aware you already got a response (and that haven't been here in a while) but I'd like to use this opportunity to help future technologically-impaired simmers such as myself:
Right click your desktop The Sims Medieval shortcut > properties > Open file location
It will take you DIRECTLY into your desired Game/Bin folder where the d3dx9_31.dll file belongs.
Test Subject
#307 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 1:21 AM
Hello, I'm running on windows 10, I hope someone is still checking this thread
A few months back I was able to use mods in the sims medieval however out of the blue once my monarch died I was unable to create a new one as cas wouldn't open no matter how many times I clicked the create a new monarch. I since uninstalled TSM and reinstalled it, I set up my folders exactly as I had before using the tutorial at the beginning of the thread, I have all the necessary files in the correct places however none of my cc or mods show up in the game. I only have about 8 files and I have redownloaded them all multiple times after repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling my game.
Does anyone have any idea of what I could try to get them to show up?
Lab Assistant
#308 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 1:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeontan
I have all the necessary files in the correct places however none of my cc or mods show up in the game.

Can you list what files you mean and give the exact folder paths? It's hard to help without any details.
Test Subject
#309 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 1:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylu
Can you list what files you mean and give the exact folder paths? It's hard to help without any details.

I have the resource.cfg file in the programfiles(x86)/origingames/thesimsmedieval and then the d3dx9_31.dll file in programfiles(x86)/origingames/thesimsmedieval/game/bin, all my mods are in the mods/packages file in the same directory. The only mods I have are the editincas mod, some eyelashes with sliders and three items of cc clothing. I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong as I've been able to get these exact mods working only a few months ago.
Test Subject
#310 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 10:57 PM
I put the resource.cfg and the Mods carpet in this direction:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval Ultimate Edition\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages

And the d3dx9_31.dll file in this direction:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval Ultimate Edition\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
11th Nov 2020 at 8:04 AM
This message has been deleted by Paola3. Reason: I think I figured it out
Test Subject
#311 Old Yesterday at 9:15 PM
Hi, I've followed the instructions on the first page, but as soon as I place mods in the packages file I get stuck at the first loading screen when I start the game. The loading bar loads up till a point and then doesn't move no matter how long I leave it. I have Pirates and Nobles installed so I imagine that my game is patched
Page 13 of 13