Replies: 6020 (Who?), Viewed: 334656 times.
Page 241 of 241
Field Researcher
#6001 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 2:40 AM
Here's what's happening in MooVille.

University highlights: Farley Whippler started seeing Danielle Wade; it didn't take too long for them to get engaged and move in together. Sisters and roommates Eleasha and Marta Flexor are both in love with Luis Wade; Eleasha is more serious while Marta wants to play the field--not sure how this will turn out, but for now, Marta is being discreet. And Aaron O'Feefe is just being a good student and not doing much interesting.

Back in town:

In the Flexor family, Max went on an all-night date with a townie. It didn't take long for Christa to find out about it, but Max quickly sweet-talked her into not being furious with him.

In the Indie family, Mitch has been playing at the piano bar every day and maximized the creativity skill. Gwen won three scholarships and maximized the cleaning skill, so she will be moving to university next.

The Furley family is just as chaotic as usual. Brooke got sick from food poisoning and had to stay home from school. She would like to go to college but she has only one scholarship, and it seems unlikely she will save enough money for tuition in time to go. Nuha is enemies with both her sisters now.

In the Dawn family, Chloe-Ann had a run of bad luck at university: first, she burned down her kitchen and didn't have the cash to replace anything; then, she went to her final in a bad mood and got put on academic probation; finally, she got food poisoning from bad pizza and got expelled for missing class, so she moved back home.

In the Whippler family, Patryk asked Judy Dawn to go steady, she accepted, and then he just ignored her. He has spent most of his time skilling but shows no interest in going to college. Chaz is moving up the ladder at his slacker job. He has started dating another townie, named Scarlet.

Finally, in the Day family, now that Kaleem is out of a job, he has started playing piano in the coffeeshop for tips. Sahra is trying to get pregnant, but no luck so far.
Test Subject
#6002 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:24 AM
@Sunbee: I have all the sympathy in the world for you! I had to reset a neighbourhood not long ago because I fell asleep "at the wheel" and apparently did crazy things.

In newly founded Simsby-on-the-Fjord the first babies, twins Isambard Jr and Evita were born and aged up to toddlers. The overwhelmed mother is Eva LigneDeTemps who runs Contes Des Fées Fragrances (perfumes, garden gnomes and paranormalities) and the proud but ridiculously inefficient father is her roommate Isambard Aching. Contes Des Fées Fragrances reached level 6 and got the best of the best award, Eva developed a crush on the business reviewer.
Field Researcher
#6003 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:17 AM
Here's what's happening in MooVille today:

In University: Almost everyone became Juniors. Farley Whippler changed his aspiration to Romance. Marta Flexor changed her aspiration to Popularity. Luis Wade changed his aspiration to Family. He and Eleasha Flexor had a falling out over a flirtation with the cow mascot; she slapped him, and he fell out of love with her. Everyone else kept their aspirations the same. Aaron O'Feefe has been dating a dormie named Mary, and when she wrote his term paper for him, he knew he wanted to marry her. He proposed, and she moved in. She is just like Aaron: Family aspiration, studying Biology for a career in Law Enforcement.

I didn't play the Whippler, Flexor, or Indie families.

In the Furley family, neither Brooke nor Halima won enough scholarship money to pay for college, so they are still working on that. Nuha, however, got three scholarships, so she headed off to college and intends never to come home again. Marla also has food poisoning, so she and Brooke are trying to rest.

In the Dawn family, Chloe-Ann did not listen to medical advice and went to work, so she unfortunately died of food poisoning. Judy won two scholarships and had enough money saved, so she moved to college.

In the Wade family, Debbie had a dream date with townie Matthias, so she asked him to move in. He is Knowledge and is working in the Business career. In the other Wade household, Victoria only learned one toddler skill, but she still grew up well.

In the Day family, Sahra got pregnant and then got fired from her waitressing job. Now no one in the household is employed. Kaleem has been playing piano for tips at the coffeeshop, but they probably won't pay the bills with a baby on the way, so someone is going to have to get a job. Their daughter is named Zoya because I think she will be the last baby of this first generation.
Scholar
#6004 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 1:23 AM
@sturlington -I use a dwonload from here that lets my sims trash their bills which would be a smart move in your case and I'd also advise using that uploader's unlocker for career rewards as well to help with the money issues with the charisma podiums like I do when sims are between jobs.
Field Researcher
#6005 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:57 PM
This recent session was the start of round 7, and I'm not going to lie when I say that it started with a bang.

So, two households were played; the Lotharios and Dina Goth.

Lothario:
Cassandra was not amused when she discovered that her daughter was pregnant out of wedlock. So she made Garnet and Orlando have a quick wedding party, where Orlando took the Lothario name and the flu. Cassandra also caught the flu and eventually Isabelle did too. Grandma's Comfort Soup took care of it.

Orlando got a promotion, as Isabelle left for college. Garnet gave birth alone in the bathroom, where she had a little boy called Keith Lothario. Not long after the birth, Amin Bear came to set the house on fire and took a few items. The police won and the firefighters showed up, but not fast enough to save Cassandra who perished.

The next day, Don returned home from work and immediately died of old age in platinum mood. Garnet got promoted.

I also experienced the Gardener glitch, however with me, I just got a bunch of object errors, which resulted in a bunch of Gardners raiding the house. Only one did their job eventually, while the others played chess, slept in Cassandra and Don's old bed, and had a bubble bath. It was bizarre.

Amin Bear showed again and this is where the Lotharios met their end. Orlando was stuck on the landing with newborn baby Keith, so couldn't call the fire department, and Garnet wouldn't stop doing the fire dance to call the firefighters. I'd tell her to call 'Emergency,' but she'd keep cancelling it out in favour of screaming at the fire. So, the fire grew and expanded killing Orlando, Garnet, and two of the Gardeners.

Poor Arthur Goth watched all of this unfold, including watching his cousin's son being taken away by the Social Worker.

I think Keith is the first baby orphan...

Dina Goth:
Dina only had two days left remaining, so it was just playing the waiting game. She also caught the flu from Garnet's wedding.

So, forgetting she had the flu (and the game not notifying me like it usually does), I allowed her to go work and continued looking after her needs. She died of disease, a day premature, after having a bath.

The Grim Reaper stayed to watch the TV and stayed there for 24hrs until the burglar scared him off. I'm not even joking.

For a change, these first two lots weren't boring! I'll be playing Victoria Goth next.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#6006 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 4:48 PM
Thanks, @TadOlson, but in MooVille I am trying to make things more challenging for my Sims in terms of saving money and moving up through college, jobs, and nicer houses. It is a different play from the way I've played other neighborhoods, but I am enjoying it right now.

Just a quick update on the Furley family:
Thankfully, both Brooke and Marla Furley recovered from food poisoning. Because I have in realistic sickness, I've found food poisoning to be hard to get over, but they were cooperative and rested enough to get well. Brooke then reached the top of the Criminal teen career, which earned her another scholarship. This plus the money from a promotion for Phineaus enabled her to scrape together enough for both she and Halima to go to college, if they room together. They will be behind their little sister, but they don't want anything to with her anyway.
Scholar
#6007 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 4:57 PM
@sturlington -I've also got restrictions like career rewards are only meant for sims starting out on arrival to keep them going while looking for a job or getting started on a trade or vocation like getting crops planted to start farming if they chose that instead of a job.I actually have jobs restricted in my BACC because the first residents are mostly supposed to be farmers homesteading and some might be in trades.

I got a washoom on my service center in Riverdale for my TOT challenge and got the sims crossing sign on the home lot before having to exit my game.I've got some shopping to do which is why I couldn't stay in the game long.
Test Subject
#6008 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:35 AM
My starter sim, Vanessa, who is now an elder with four grown kids (all of whom are married and have children but for one) is finally getting the break she deserves just chilling around the house, getting visits from her grandkids, and talking to her plants.
Field Researcher
#6009 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 2:48 PM
I was able to get three households played this session: Goth (Victoria and Marcel), Dreamer, and Pleasant.

Goth/Raymond:
Both Victoria and Marcel had the flu, which took them a couple of days to recover from. Because Marcel had the want to get married, he proposed to Victoria early in the week and got married later in the week. Victoria took his surname, becoming 'Victoria Raymond,' and the household name was changed to the 'Raymond' household.

Marcel gained a body point from a lucky chance card choice, Victoria tried to look for the entertainment career track in the paper to no avail, and the kitchen was set on fire. Not a lot was lost.

Dreamer:
David left for college first thing, so Daisy was left on her own to look after her needs. She had 5 days left until becoming an adult and had the want to go to college. As a result, she gave up Lenny to Beau and left on Friday morning.

Pleasant:
Romeo was in aspiration failure when the lot was loaded, most likely due to his aunt Dina's passing. He had 5 days left in the teen lifestage and wanted to gain skill points. He set fire to the kitchen accidentally, nearly killing himself and his mother. Romeo studied fire safety promptly after, and proposed going steady to David who accepted. He yelled at his mother for being nasty to Janet Smith unprovoked and as he'd rolled the want to go to college in the week, he left.

Nina still kept her flings going and since she began rolling wants for skills, got promoted twice. She is now Lvl 5 in the military career, and is probably going to pass away next round.

Not a very eventful session, but it was chilled when I wasn't screaming at sims to call the firefighters and stop screaming.

Scholar
#6010 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 4:58 PM
@CrystalFlame360 -I would make sims buy fire sprinkers or a fire alarm before adding any stoves and also not even allow a stove into a home where any household memeber had less than three cooking skill points that was teen or older.I used to get things like you had in the game before learning that lesson years ago.I still have stove fires sometimes though the sprinker puts them out and makes a mess now and sims learn to cook on things like sandwiches and cereal until they have three points or more before they buy a stove.I also have them study cooking from a bookcase or the TV in modern games.
I was downloading CC defaults to make things look more like the time period of my BACC.
Lab Assistant
#6011 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 5:50 PM
I finally matched up all my gen2 Sims at college. I don't even remember when I started this project of breeding all playables in the Uber-Megahood down... three years? Five years? You can expect results in about 15 years, I guesstimate.
Field Researcher
#6012 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 11:20 PM
In MooVille, there have been some shenanigans going on at university.

After the cow-mascot incident, Eleasha Flexor would not get back together with Luis Wade, so he started dating Eleasha's sister, Marta. On impulse, he asked Marta to marry him. She accepted and they moved in together. Then Luis lost all interest in studying and eventually got expelled. He went back to MooVille to find a place for them to live while Marta finishes college. On the whole, Eleasha seems pretty okay with this turn of events.

Aaron O'Feefe's sister, Gwen, came to college and moved in with him and his fiancee, Mary. Then Mary cheated on Aaron with some dormie and wanted to marry him instead of Aaron, so they broke up. Unfortunately for Mary, the dormie figured out she was two-timing him and wouldn't have anything more to do with her, so she dropped out of college and became a townie. Aaron was so distraught that he got expelled and had to move back in with his parents.

At least one couple stayed together. Danielle Wade and Farley Whippler both graduated with honors and are back in MooVille house shopping.
Scholar
#6013 Old Yesterday at 1:42 AM
Today I played with my families that live in the Middle Lynd Street apartments in Luna Canyon's downtown, Cliffrose Heights.

Winnifred Wolff surprised me with a want to have a baby. She must be influenced by her best friend Eleanor, who is very excited to be expecting a little one. Charles wanted to go on a date, so he asked Winnifred when she got home from work. They didn't seem to be on the same page tonight and the date ended rather quickly. Thus, Win had no luck in getting pregnant. They have enough right now, but if a baby is added to the picture they'll need to spend a lot more time focusing on their careers rather than their partying lifestyle. I locked her want to have a baby- it looks like it's on hold for now. Their German Shepherd Beatrice did get pregnant by Eleanor's shepherd, though. There's been a demand in the town for puppies.

Eleanor Sims had her first pop today and her husband Amin is less than enthusiastic. He loves his wife but hates how she sleeps all day long. He feels like his own needs are being neglected. Hopefully he will be more interested when the baby actually comes. Eleanor couldn't achieve her goal of sending three kids to college without his help and the financial stability.

That ends my rotation, so next I'll be back at Luna Canyon! I have mayoral candidates to prepare their campaigns, babies to be born, teens to prepare for college, and drama to settle.
Mad Poster
#6014 Old Yesterday at 4:39 AM
Was supposed to be digging a trench..but built a house all day. Think I'll post it.

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#6015 Old Yesterday at 2:33 PM
@TadOlson - Thanks for the advice and I will keep that in mind for certain households. But I do like the risk and unpredictability, it keeps things interesting and funny depending on the circumstances. I do place a fire alarm in houses when I remember, and the sprinklers I often forget they exist.

So this recent session was just a relaxing time with the Burbs.

Lewis had 3 days left until adulthood and had the want to go to college, so he left on the Wednesday. He didn't do anything eventful prior to leaving.

Jennifer on the other hand got demoted from Lvl 10 in Business to Lvl 8, due to poor chance card choices. She got back to the top of the career ladder in two days. Her romance with some guy called Ande - forgot his name, I think it's something like Anderjs or something continued... I don't even know how to pronounce that...

She continued to build on her charisma, almost maxing it out, before she passed away on the Sunday. Jennifer died of natural causes and was in platinum mood. She wasn't on her own as Lewis and... her significant other, were there and she was buried next to her late daughter.

I thought that she at least had another round left, but I guess I was wrong.

Field Researcher
#6016 Old Yesterday at 5:06 PM
The new Whippler family got off to a great start. Danielle and Farley moved into a little house, then immediately went out to get married in a civil ceremony. Danielle's mother, Debbie, and Farley's dad, Chaz, attended the wedding, and later, Danielle's little brother Rafi came over for a spaghetti dinner and to meet Farley. Danielle got pregnant right away, so Farley had to take the first available job in the Gamer career, even though he wanted to go into Law Enforcement. With their savings, they were able to pay down half their mortgage and furnish the nursery and children's bathroom. Then Danielle gave birth to twin boys, Adam and Antony--the first twins in MooVille!

Also in the Wade family, Destry had a birthday and became the first elder in the neighborhood. On his birthday, he took his family fishing, and now Victoria wants to earn a fishing badge. Then, his two older kids, Danielle and Luis, came over for dinner. He has decided to keep working for now. A couple of days later, Margaret also had a birthday but decided not to retire until Victoria is a bit older.
Instructor
#6017 Old Yesterday at 8:18 PM
Carlos and Aislin Salvatore just had their 3rd set of twins. All natural. Carlos is a twin and his family has the twin gene. His own parents had 2 sets.

Aislin hooked up with the older Carlos on a rebound, when her longtime boyfriend dumped her for an heiress. They got married, she had their first daughter, Emory. Then Arleigh and Carlos Jr, Connor and Violet, now Brecken and Idalia. All children and younger. Carlos is retired, and Aislin is basically on permanent maternity leave from her Flamenco Dancer job, so it's more manageable for them than it would be for most sims, but it's still a lot.
Mad Poster
#6018 Old Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Ever since I evened up the 'risky pregnancy odds' on ACR, I've been having a Sherman baby boom in Tinsel Town.

Duncan and Annie Snyder Sherman had a baby girl, Denise;
Chester and April Lloyd Sherman had twin girls, Sabrina and Sonja;
Lucas and Rosemary Bishop Sherman had twin girls, as well:Bianca and Amanda.

So Doreen and Brian Sherman are now the proud grandparents of 5 girls. Right now the only person who has not had any children is their daughter Kathleen, and they're hopeful that it will be a boy.
Rosemary Bishop's parents are happy for her, but her father has his own problems with just become a father again to twin boys.

So the population has increased exponentially in the last few days-to the point where the birth control is on now permanently without any more chances for risky babies!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#6019 Old Today at 2:34 AM
There's a lot to keep track of at the Piccolo's...

Francis Piccolo and his (half) brother Sebastian King had their first day of school and Clarissa had her first day of high school. Henry was off to work in a hurry and so Catherine, despite nearing the end of her pregnancy, decided she must go too so that no important decisions would be made without her. Henry earned a big bonus for his plan to expand Cliffrose Heights and discussed the possibility of building a school there. Catherine fought him on expanding Luna Canyon further to preserve the land and wildlife, and that earned her two charisma and logic skill points. Catherine believes it won't even be a fight when it comes to running for mayor.

When Clarissa got home, she took townie Alvin Futa on a date to a bar. No one questioned her age at the bar - they welcomed her just because they know her father Henry. Clarissa managed to get her first kiss and he has a crush on her now, but it's not reciprocated. Doesn't he know it was just for practice? Also, Catherine making out with Henry after getting home from work? Yup, it happened. Maybe showing everyone that she is forgiving and working hard to bring their new baby into a happy marriage will earn her votes. It's always about the votes. Catherine also taught her son Francis how to study. Clarissa earned a scholarship to college for her grades and dancing skill.

Henry is now schmoozing his way to earn George Silva's vote, and while doing so his lover Diane King was smooching his coworker, Kennedy Cox. Diane is crazy about Henry, but she's had enough of the double standards. If he can be with who he pleases, so can she.

No Piccolo baby yet. Soon
Test Subject
#6020 Old Today at 3:50 AM
Simsby-On_the-Fjord's inhabitants were screaming for pets, so a pet store opened. It's run by family sim and animal lover Aisu Tapani. Apart from getting the pet store on track, she spent her week spoiling every stray who came by with love and attention and occasionally teaching them manners. She also raised her own littly puppy Bostock up to a healthy and well behaved adult dog. Shortly before closing time on the second day in the pet store, townie Torsten Apache came by and it was bolts at first sight. They got married during an outing to the town gardens and the lullaby sounds tell me their little house will be rather crowded in the next rotation.
The five first rotation babies in Simsby are now school children. Only one of them (Isambard Jr) has any nice points to speak of, but they all seem to get along fine anyway.
Mad Poster
#6021 Old Today at 7:52 AM
My new hood is named Fountain Ridge. Ten married couples, and the first babies have arrived. 6 of them now - and not a single set of twins in sight!.
Page 241 of 241