Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 4:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE Help - Not loading custom neighborhood on browser
Hi!
I recently downloaded SimPE and I wanted to change some relationships my sims had in this custom neighborhood I downloaded from Mod The Sims. However, when I go to Tools>Neighborhood>Neighborhood Browser the custom neighborhood is not one of the selectable ones, just the pre-made ones. I searched all over for an answer to this problem but I cant seem to find one? I hope I explained myself, I appreciate any help.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 12:30 PM
Which neighbourhood is it? Look at the neighbourhood folder in Documents/ EAGames/ The Sims 2/ Neighborhoods- it needs to be titled with four characters, like N001 or SS01 or even ABCD or 1234. If it has more than four characters you need to rename it for SimPE to parse it. You could probably file>Open and browse to the neighbourhood package file instead.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 12:57 PM
Which neighborhood are you trouble with? I have heard of this problem with orkahm's Harborview neighborhood because the file names use a 5-character identifier for the neighborhood instead of the standard 4-character identifiers.

For example, the files for Maxis' Pleasantview neighborhood start with N001 (4 characters). orkahm's Harborview uses files beginning with ORK02 (5-characters). SimPE will apparently only read neighborhoods whose files start with a 4-character ID, so Harborview will never show up in SimPE's Neighborhood Browser.

Supposedly, simply renaming the Harborview files from ORK02 to something with only 4 characters should make the neighborhood show up in SimPE. I did download this neighborhood myself, but haven't had time to look at it yet to confirm this.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Simsample. I take too long to compose my posts!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 3:41 AM
Thank you both! Renaming the file did fix the issue! Also @RoxElle1965 it was Harborview! Its such a lovely neighborhood. ^-^