Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No apple/watermelon gender disposition

by jonha Posted 26th Jun 2009 at 8:21 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2011 at 7:26 PM by jonha

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:28 AM
thank you for this, but is the first time i realy know about apple have to do with boys.
i'm saying this because my first sim was like apple pancakes maniacke and she had 4 pregnacies the first one was 2 twin girls 2nd 1 boy, 3rd 1 boy and 4th twin girls again
i thank you for this mod because i don't want to play in may next famlies just with mans
but with my first familie i can't see what apple have to do with boys :S sory to say this.
but this is a great mod anyway and all the work you guys have to help us to play our sims bether is very good :D

sory for my english
Instructor
#27 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:28 AM
Thanks for sharing..much more realistic now XD

^_^
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:59 AM
What!?!? That has to be the stupidest game feature ever (and I had no idea)! Thanks for the info and the fix!
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:49 AM
I haven't heard about all this before, thanx fot the info. I think, that's good opportunity to control a sex of babies through food. Could anyone say, what's dependence between watching tv and number of babies?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:19 PM
Thank you so much for this, I find it quite annoying to have to watch what my pregnant sims eat.
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:20 PM
OMG TY! You rock. Now we just need to have some one find a way to increase the number you are allowed to have in your house.
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:40 PM
I was not aware of this. I am very glad I came across your mod BEFORE I became aware of it. Because, of course, I -love- apples and would be very annoyed to have a Lord of the Flies-esque story playing out.
Instructor
#33 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM
Thank you so much!! It's so much easier for Sims to eat apples than watermelons and I was ending up with sooo many boys (out of 9 pregnancies, 1 was a girl and 8 were boys!). I was really hoping a mod would come out to stop this, so thanks again very much.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:12 PM
Thank You again. I tried it with my game and the first child I had was a girl and I did not have to eat stupid watermelon. The second was a boy. This should help my game alot because all my town had mostly was males and little females. LOL. You just made my game alot better and easier.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:27 PM
Thanks sooooooo much for this!

Sims addict since 2003
And proud of it!

[Simpage] [Screenhots]
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 2:53 PM
Thanks very much for this. I do have a problem ( I think ) however. I saved my game just before my sim wakes up because the baby is on the way. I have had my sim eat no apples or apple pancakes as I want a baby girl. However I have eaten no watermelon either. But once the baby arrives it is ALWAYS a boy. I have exited and reloaded around 20 times now with the same result.. so..questions..lol
Is the gender determined at conception rather than birth as opposed to TS2 ? as I was able to reload TS2 until the baby popped out as the desired gender. Or are there other foodstuffs doing the same job as apples and watermelons ? Any info would be appreciated
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IanH
Is the gender determined at conception rather than birth as opposed to TS2 ?

Yes. The gender is determined but it's either right at conception or few hours after (maybe 1 o'clock in the morning right after the conception). Everyone who tried reloading a few hours before birth had the same gender, me too .
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM
Oh, thank you so much. It's bad enough that they used fruit rather than a recipie (ANY store-bought recipie would have worked!) but the fact that they used a common fruit for boys and an uncommon for girls drove me nuts!
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:22 PM
When i first found out about the apple / watermelon it tripped me out... I kept forgetting and always ended up with boys grrrr.... stoopid apple pancakes

So this mod is going to be verrry useful... Thnx n gud job
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
Thanks for making this. I didn't realize what your sim ate affected what gender your child had. Explains why my lot with an apple tree has had all boys. Quite annoying, I wanted a girl... I guess I'll know better for the next generation.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:51 AM
This falls into the category of 'I didn't know I needed it until you made it' in my case Thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IanH
Is the gender determined at conception rather than birth as opposed to TS2 ?

I didn't look intt the code, but I think, it is coded in a way like this:

At conception the game generates a random number between 0 and 1.

Now, by default, you will get a boy if the number is smaller than 0.5. If you are eating apples or melons, the threshold is shifted by 0.15.

So, if the random number is 0.73 and you eat no fruits, you will get a girl. Eating one apple will result in a threshold of 0.65 so you will still get a girl. Eating 2 apples will give you a boy in this case.

In the game the "threshold modifier" is 0.15 so eating 4 apples or 4 melons will always give you a girl/boy. In my mod I just set the treshold modifier to zero.

So reloading the game won't help to adjust the gender. Without my mod you will have to eat apples or melons. With my mod, you can't change the gender afterwards.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:20 PM
Jonha and MiniMimi..Thank you very much for your replies to my question and so quickly. Ah well nothing for it but to let the kid grow up and then boot him out.
You wouldn't perhaps be able to write a mod that lets you donate unwanted babies to the Science Lab or just dump em in the dustbin would you ? I'm kidding...I'm kidding...Honest !!! loool
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM
"Additional Credits:
Thanks for S3PI and EA Games for creating such ridiculous "features" so I can fix them. "

LOL, perfect response. Thanks so much, that was almost the most retarded thing I've seen in the game, and there are so dang many retarded things to choose from.
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:51 AM
Hey, I have a quick question. This won't work with the latest official EA patch, will it?
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
This didn't work in my game so I deleted it. I have been testing this but whenever I eat apples I still only have boys and whenever I eat watermelon I only get girls... So I'm sure how this mod is supposed to work. I tried like 6 times and it just doesn't work. My sim family had 5 boys after eating apple pancakes leftover during pregnancy...
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
I do have the latest patch installed could that be it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:08 AM
It should work with the latest patch.

If it doesn't work for you, make sure, you have installed it correctly. Make sure, that other mods work. And make sure, you have no conflicting mods installed. Test it by temporalely removing all other pregnancy-related mods.

The basic version of this mod (which I recommend for testing of course) enables water break, so you can check if it is installed correctly, if there is a puddle on the floor before giving birth.
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:19 AM
lol.
I thought it was slightly clever that eating apples makes it more likely for pregnant sims to have a boy.

It's Adam's apple.

lol.
Ahhh EA, you cease to make me laugh.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:03 PM
wtf?! i was already wondering, why my sim girls were only givng birth to boys...stupid ea!

thanks so much for that mod!
Page 2 of 5