Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harvestable Banana Plant (Updated 17 Nov 2015)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:20 PM - Updated 4th Jan 2016 at 2:47 PM by douglasveiga

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 2:46 PM
Oh my gosh, YES!!!
Even though I have moved on to playing TS4 nowadays, it makes me SO happy to see that somebody took the time to figure out how to correct this.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 3:45 PM
Woot! I'm looking forward to playing with believable banana trees!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 5:24 PM
You are AWESOME!!! The odd banana tree has bugged me for so long! *fist bumps*
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:15 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
One Minute Ninja'd
THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 9:12 PM
Wonderful! And about time, too :). Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:25 PM
Muchas gracias por el mod. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 5:45 PM
I had a chance to play with it today, but I'm getting an error. I'm not sure what it means. I am patched all the way up: 1.67 and I have downloaded and installed CCLoader with the banana plant. (I also have Showtime installed.)
Screenshots

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I had a chance to play with it today, but I'm getting an error. I'm not sure what it means. I am patched all the way up: 1.67 and I have downloaded and installed CCLoader with the banana plant. (I also have Showtime installed.)

Do you have any other ingredient mod? apparently you have showtime, but your game don't have the original Banana ingredient.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 1:25 AM
Been waiting for a proper banana tree - you has a w33n
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#35 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 3:20 AM
I think I know what it is. I need to get a different version of the grocery store mod that I currently have in the game. (Or take it out entirely.) Thanks for your help douglasveiga!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 3:33 PM
Great. i love your stuff
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 4:21 PM
Praise the llamas! Now THIS right here is a banana tree!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 6:56 AM

Me too. How to put ccloader? I put in mod folder then ccloader folder with those package include banana package...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 3:47 PM Last edited by GabbyCakes : 11th Jun 2015 at 4:09 PM.
So cool! I grew up in a tropical environment and EA's "banana trees" bothered me to no end. Thanks for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:11 AM
Thank you for sharing. You are amazing"!
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:39 PM
Default pineapples
Thanks I was wondering if you can make a pineapple with the plant soil ingredients etc I remembered them when i was stationed in Hawaii
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:48 AM
THANK YOU!!! Finally all of my IP themed island worlds are that much more closer to being complete! If I live 100 years irl, I'll NEVER understand why EA couldn't take the time to use TS2 castaway resource the way you did to get this to work. I was wondering the same thing as pineapples as well. There are several piney looking tree tops that came with LP which -- if the trunks were shortened some 60 sim feet or so-- could theoretically work as a pineapple bush!

Here's to hoping you provide more realism and variety in TS3. I'm a gardener at heart irl. So I've enjoyed all of your innovative gardening mods.
Instructor
#43 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:58 AM
Love the look of your banana tree. When I downloaded it I didn't want to wait for the banana seeds to grow so used the autosoil to place a mature plant. Everything was fine during that play session and the family was even able to harvest their first crop of bananas. I've gone through my family rotation and got back to this family today. The banana tree was gone. So were the harvested bananas. couldn't find them in the fridge or in anyone's inventory. Today one of the girls found a coconut seed and planted it. It has already sprouted. Guess they will have to do to the grocery to buy bananas to plant. I have never used autosoils before but I thought they were supposed to act just like a plant grown from seed and not disappear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:34 PM
Cool thank u
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:01 AM
I think I know what it is. I need to get a different version of the grocery store mod that I currently have in the game. (Or take it out entirely.) Thanks for your help douglasveiga!

Did you solve the problem you were having? I keep getting the same error message as you. I also have Cinderellimouse's Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul, which is what I found to be the problem. The two are not compatible.
Scholar
#46 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nobodysgirl333
Did you solve the problem you were having? I keep getting the same error message as you. I also have Cinderellimouse's Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul, which is what I found to be the problem. The two are not compatible.

The Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul mod and the Harvestable Banana ARE compatible with eatchother I have both, as well as all the custom foods mods that use CCLoader. Something else in your game could be causing the errors. Make sure you have the updated mods installed and clear your caches before playing. What other food mods do you have by the way? And what EPs?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 4:40 AM Last edited by nobodysgirl333 : 14th Jul 2015 at 6:34 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
The Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul mod and the Harvestable Banana ARE compatible with eatchother I have both, as well as all the custom foods mods that use CCLoader. Something else in your game could be causing the errors. Make sure you have the updated mods installed and clear your caches before playing. What other food mods do you have by the way? And what EPs?

I have all EPs except Showtime and Supernatural. I tried using it with no other mods installed, just CCLoader, Banana tree and the Overhaul. Still had the same error. I have the most recent updates of all the mods and I did clear all my cache. Still not working for me.

I didn't take out my DCC Cache files to see if something there might be an issue though... Maybe I will try that just in case.

Edit: I found the problem. It was a custom lot that had the Showtime Banana tree attached to it even though the banana tree did not actually come with the lot. I removed that and my Missingdeps file, problem solved.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 9:00 PM
I also get the same error. And I also have the ingredients and cooking overhaul mod installed.

What's more frustrating, I planted a banana from the store and I got the "old" tree.

This is a fantastic mod and it would be great if this issue could get sorted.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 8:11 PM
This is great! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:23 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH...
Page 2 of 3