Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#951 Old 23rd May 2012 at 4:47 AM
The last several Sims I have played will NOT use the kitchen sink to wash the dishes. Nevermind, the fact that it's close and that what it's there for. They all wash dishes in the bathroom sink. My latest family (who's in a penthouse apartment) won't even use the dishwasher, just the bathroom sink. They also will not use their garbage disposal, the go to the trash chute for ALL of their trash.
Advertisement
Scholar
#952 Old 23rd May 2012 at 4:55 AM
I wish there was some sort of mod similar to "No Baby Harassment" in TS3. My sims are CONSTANTLY harassing their toddlers to the point where they will sabotage their attempts to pee or eat because they want to put them in the crib ALL THE TIME.. or take them out. I don't like that I have to watch the toddlers constantly to make sure their parents don't chuck them in the crib. I say OMGWTF when they feed their kid and then toss him in the crib before he can eat.
Inventor
#953 Old 23rd May 2012 at 7:39 AM
i just had a Sim, in the middle of the night when his daughter (toddler) was sleeping, want to take her out of her crib to tickle her. He had woken her up before I stopped him.
Scholar
#954 Old 23rd May 2012 at 1:20 PM
I hate that too -- almost as much as I hate them putting them in bed. I REALLY hate when guests come over and harass the toddlers. I have taken to locking their doors. I mean really - who goes in and grabs someones kids while they are sleeping?

Though to be honest, it's somewhat realistic to a point. I don't know how many times I've gotten excited and wanted to look at my toddler daughter while she was sleeping. Then I get an urge to "pet" her or put a blanket on her. And it wakes her up for an hour.
Lab Assistant
#955 Old 23rd May 2012 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I wish there was some sort of mod similar to "No Baby Harassment" in TS3. My sims are CONSTANTLY harassing their toddlers to the point where they will sabotage their attempts to pee or eat because they want to put them in the crib ALL THE TIME.. or take them out. I don't like that I have to watch the toddlers constantly to make sure their parents don't chuck them in the crib. I say OMGWTF when they feed their kid and then toss him in the crib before he can eat.

I solved this ridiculousness by 1. using only the baby swing found in the store. Baby sleeps in the thing, no need for a crib. or 2. removing the door to the room with the crib, which drives the parents insane.

I would be curious about that mod, as well.
Scholar
#956 Old 24th May 2012 at 8:10 PM
WTF of the day - Wife goes into labor -- husband (who is not mean spirited, hot headed or have any trait that would cause this) he starts HECKLING her as she starts giving birth. I wanted to nuke him right then and there. He's only in the family because he was the only male my sim could find in the Nothing is Free challenge. He's on thin ice as it is.
Field Researcher
#957 Old 25th May 2012 at 11:34 PM
I don't know if this has been said before (I don't feel like looking at 38 pages, I might later) but I hate it when my family walks instead of drives. My man and I had a car but a few days ago we walked to the dog park. I believe I even told us to take the car but for some reason we just walked there.
WTF
or can you not have animals in the car? I'm new to playing Pets so I don't know these things.
Test Subject
#958 Old 26th May 2012 at 9:09 PM
Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I have had Sims teleport to work, then run home to get their car and end up missing work! The first time it happened I was just screaming, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!
Lab Assistant
#959 Old 26th May 2012 at 9:29 PM
My workaholic husband keeps randomly walking out of his job, complaining he's missing work and then i have to send him back in. its very frustrating.

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Site Helper
#960 Old 26th May 2012 at 9:46 PM
in Sims 2, I had a family who insisted on running up the stairs, along a catwalk, down the stairs, out of the house, around the house, and back in through the front door to go the 6 steps from the kitchen to the dining room.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#961 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
My workaholic husband keeps randomly walking out of his job, complaining he's missing work and then i have to send him back in. its very frustrating.

This happens to me as well - not just with workaholic sims. I'm not sure what causes it because it seems to be completely random. It's almost as if they just go on strike.
Test Subject
#962 Old 28th May 2012 at 8:34 PM
A house full of vampires is a right pain. It's probably just my large family based incompetence, but I swear they go to sleep and then just wake up in the middle of the night and starve. Of the four vampiric children my sim has had, this has happened to EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. However, two were 'saved' (one was unlucky, the other was saved by the dog- don't ask) so it isn't all bad :/
Lab Assistant
#963 Old 28th May 2012 at 8:43 PM
Arizona and the cat decided to socialize. Right in front of the refrigerator. Where Callie was trying to get her breakfast.

Seriously? You guys have a huge 3-story Victorian mansion and you all have to hang out in the kitchen and get in each others' way?!
Instructor
#964 Old 28th May 2012 at 9:01 PM
My sims are always socializing in the bathroom.
Lab Assistant
#965 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:25 PM
"I'm glad you all could come to my bathroom concert."
Inventor
#966 Old 29th May 2012 at 1:28 AM
Today, my Sim was in the shower. When she got out she did not put clothes back on. Then she went in the bathroom to put wet clothes in the dryer, but her son went in to take his shower. So, instead of quickly putting the clothes in the dryer, she goes out of her apartment, down the elevator, then puts the pile of wet laundry in the lobby. She then goes back upstairs and after she is in her apartment, she puts on clothes. Did I mention she did all of this COMPLETELY NAKED?!?

Like my other sculptor Sims, this one also has a thing for toilets. Her first wooden sculpture was a toilet, the porcelin throne I believe.
Instructor
#967 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:25 AM
I'm right in the middle of the family man Challange and Tamara and Blair are living in the same house and every time i go to WooHoo with Blair Tamara walks in with one of the kids to cock block my way
Mad Poster
#968 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie

That is why I wish there was a toddler blanket for Sims 3. The toddler could put themselves to sleep when they are tired and the parents couldn't mess with them when they are asleep. I like the Ghost Hunter Profession but its a pain in the rear because I can't keep an eye on the parent at home who inevitably throws the toddler in the crib when the toddler isn't tired or wake them up and leave them on the floor with orange energy while I'm trying to get the Ghost Hunter Sim to do their job.
Top Secret Researcher
#969 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
That is why I wish there was a toddler blanket for Sims 3. The toddler could put themselves to sleep when they are tired and the parents couldn't mess with them when they are asleep. I like the Ghost Hunter Profession but its a pain in the rear because I can't keep an eye on the parent at home who inevitably throws the toddler in the crib when the toddler isn't tired or wake them up and leave them on the floor with orange energy while I'm trying to get the Ghost Hunter Sim to do their job.

I gave up on the interactive careers except for single sims; they take too much focus away from the home front. The exceptions being the work-at-home ones such as writer, painter, inventor (though you do have to spend time scavenging), sculptor, etcetera. Otherwise, I use rabbithole careers to preserve my sanity.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Inventor
#970 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon

In TS2, toddler harassment was so bad that I finally just had to turn free will off if there was a baby or toddler was in the house.
Scholar
#971 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saeraellisson
I had a similar experience VampireCrowley. Except my sim was playing ball in the backyard with a friend. I got up to use the bathroom or whatever and when I came back my sim was on fire! I have no idea how or why. I was afc maybe 3 minutes. Needless to say...hes dead. :/

This made me smile. Needless to say... I'm a sadistic girly.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
#972 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
In TS2, toddler harassment was so bad that I finally just had to turn free will off if there was a baby or toddler was in the house.

That is why I combine Two Jeff's No Baby/Toddler Swarming mod with a toddler Blanket. The parents are less of a pain in the butt in Sims 2 with that mod and object in place, but I hate the nanny with a fiery passion.

I hate that I can't get a no swarming mod and a toddler blanket for Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#973 Old 29th May 2012 at 6:20 AM
I've been playing this game quite a bit this past weekend, and I've noticed something that's really irritating : my sims DO NOT know how to walk. I'm serious, it's an absolute disaster watching them roam about the house. Jagged paths and foot tapping, awkward scooting around, and oh my god, when they encounter another sim or animal, it's awful. Both just fidget around until finally, one of them decides to go past. Plus, as they're walking, and especially if they approach a door or an arch, they'll stop, then continue walking once again. Gah, what a failure. Seriously, it's a if they forget how to walk sometimes.

*Signature Under Construction*
Test Subject
#974 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:58 PM
All I can say is, what in the world

Inventor
#975 Old 29th May 2012 at 10:59 PM
My Sims always fall face first out of the elevator.
Page 39 of 321