Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Butler Cooking Tweaking

by gobot101 Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:26 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 7:26 PM by gobot101

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vanillabuzz
Is it compatible with Pets?

It seems to work with Pets
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vanillabuzz
Is it compatible with Pets?

Good question, I wanna know it too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 4:52 PM
Seems like a good mod overall, but unless I missed it, there's another issue I haven't seen addressed. (I've been up almost 60 hours, I could have missed it) -

What if there are vampires in the family? Sure, I *could* just gnosh the butler, but if he's going to cook, the least he could do is cook food with some plasma fruit in it!
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 5:22 AM
I downloaded the ButlerNeverCooks mod, but for some reason, the butler is still cooking without being told to. I don't have any other mods that have to do with the butler, so I don't know why it isn't working. :/
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 5:24 AM
People... It says right at the top of the overview page that it IS Pets compatible...
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitty.lorentz
I downloaded the ButlerNeverCooks mod, but for some reason, the butler is still cooking without being told to. I don't have any other mods that have to do with the butler, so I don't know why it isn't working. :/

Me too! I think the 1.29 patch, for me, is the cause. Could be that I have to "fire" then re-hire all Pre-patch butlers.
Test Subject
#57 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:38 AM
Yes, since patching my game to 1.29 this mod no longer works for me as my butler continues cooking
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 11:21 PM
Same for me! Looks like it needs an update for the 1.29 patch. Anyone not having this issue who has 1.29?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 2:27 PM
Thanks for "updating" it! This is one of my favorite mods!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:55 AM
Just wanted to say, I love this mod so much and I'm excited to see it updated!

I have a suggestion/request. I actually don't mind when the butler cooks, but what I hate is that he calls everyone to eat. Is there anyway to make it so he still cooks at a certain hunger level, but does not call everyone to meal?

Thank you so much for this!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeaSamia
Just wanted to say, I love this mod so much and I'm excited to see it updated!

I have a suggestion/request. I actually don't mind when the butler cooks, but what I hate is that he calls everyone to eat. Is there anyway to make it so he still cooks at a certain hunger level, but does not call everyone to meal?

Thank you so much for this!!

That is something I'd really like to do (I agree, calling everyone to the meal is very annoying), but that is outside the realm of just editing the XML file. If I ever learn how to do more than just edit XML files, killing calling everyone to meal will be one of the first things I do.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 4:11 AM
This is awesome. We've got too many leftovers!! Thank you.
Instructor
#63 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 7:44 AM
No cooking butler doesn't work with patch 1.28 from Master Suite Stuffs.
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:29 AM
Just what I needed! My Sim's fridge is overrun with leftovers that just rot. I know there was a mod to keep the butler coming back instead of leaving after a week, but it doesn't seem that mod has been updated for some time. Is this something that can be added to this? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:01 AM
Great idea. I was wondering if you could tweak the food thing a bit. My butler keeps spending my sims money to buy food when there's food in the frig. Could you get them to cook based off the food in the frig, then if there is none buy food before cooking.
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:11 PM
is this mod currently working for anyone else?
Test Subject
#67 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:23 PM
This mod was working perfectly fine then I updated to latest update installed master suite stuff and showtime expansions now every time i go out to a show to sing "showtime profession" when i return home my butler misteriously disappears.... also is there away if you do update this that you can make it to where the butlear actualy sleeps and doesn't make lime pie every time? lol im using just the basic butler now because of the glitch from the update... my normal butler never sleeps and every time he cooks its ALWAYS limepie.... never meals for my guests or anything else...
Field Researcher
#68 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:39 PM
I've got my game updated to the latest patch/version with all EPs and SPs. I will test a family with a butler and update you guys in the most noticeable way possible on if this mod works for me.
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:58 PM
I found this mod very useful before. But the latest version is not working in Show Time.
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th May 2012 at 12:52 AM
It doesn't seem to work for me with Showtime for the ButlerNeverCooksA. Butler still cooks when a sim is hungry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 5:32 PM
Coding wise, there is nothing showing why this wouldn't work anymore. I haven't had a butler in ages, so I've not seen first hand it not working. Over the next few days, I will hire a butler and see if I can figure out what's wrong.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 9:41 PM
Finnaly!! :D
Thanks you so much
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#73 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 11:24 PM
Thanks for the update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 11:34 AM
1.36 updated?
ButlerNeverCooksA cooked when sim hungry in 1.34..
still thanks, a must have mod of all time
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 3:50 PM
I've not been able to check yet. The HD in my desktop died so I've just recently got The Sims 3 installed on my laptop. I'm still sorting out a few things, but I should have the mod checked out within the next day or two.
Page 3 of 4