Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grannies Cookbook - Read description

by Littlbowbub Posted 2nd May 2020 at 11:39 AM - Updated 31st Jul 2021 at 10:01 PM by Littlbowbub

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th May 2020 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shootupsatan
I have a mod that is conflicting with this but my usual way of trying to fix it isn't working. Does anyone know of a working mod conflict detector?

Oh no, that's not good
I'm afraid I don't know of any mod conflict detectors, the only thing I can suggest is taking half of your mods out to narrow down which are conflicting.. it may take a while and is a bit tedious but you should find the culprit
If you do manage to find which mods are conflicting, could you let me know in case there is something I can do on my end to stop the conflict from happening (or at least make a note of the conflict on the download)
Thank you!
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th May 2020 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Littlbowbub
Oh no, that's not good
I'm afraid I don't know of any mod conflict detectors, the only thing I can suggest is taking half of your mods out to narrow down which are conflicting.. it may take a while and is a bit tedious but you should find the culprit
If you do manage to find which mods are conflicting, could you let me know in case there is something I can do on my end to stop the conflict from happening (or at least make a note of the conflict on the download)
Thank you!

That's usually how I fix it but when I do it this time no matter what mods I take out sometimes it decides to work and sometimes it doesn't so I think there's multiple ones conflicting. But I found that when I put the recipe books in the home inventory in buildmode before I play the family the game loads fine, just afterwards some random things on my shelves get replaced haha. So I'm still going to try to figure out what's wrong and when/if I do I'll let you know! I still like these mods
Scholar
THANKS POST
#53 Old 13th May 2020 at 1:52 AM
Love this thank you!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th May 2020 at 5:17 AM
Hello, where and how can I send you the translation of the mod into Portuguese?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shootupsatan
That's usually how I fix it but when I do it this time no matter what mods I take out sometimes it decides to work and sometimes it doesn't so I think there's multiple ones conflicting. But I found that when I put the recipe books in the home inventory in buildmode before I play the family the game loads fine, just afterwards some random things on my shelves get replaced haha. So I'm still going to try to figure out what's wrong and when/if I do I'll let you know! I still like these mods

That is very strange . . does the book work correctly when there are no other mods installed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandinha95_4
Hello, where and how can I send you the translation of the mod into Portuguese?

Hi, if you want to send me a permanent link (such as simfileshare) over on my tumblr I can put a link and credit you on my translations page!
Instructor
#57 Old 13th May 2020 at 6:07 PM
@Littlebowbub I just saw on your patreon page version 09.05 is now the latest version, but here it's still the older one 26.04. Does this one here still work?
I have just downloaded this one here and translated the book and recipes string files into my language (German)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 13th May 2020 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
@Littlebowbub I just saw on your patreon page version 09.05 is now the latest version, but here it's still the older one 26.04. Does this one here still work?
I have just downloaded this one here and translated the book and recipes string files into my language (German)

This one still works - it just isn’t updated to include all the newer recipes. If you download extra recipes from my Patreon you will need the newer book for them to show in game
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 13th May 2020 at 9:14 PM
These are amazing and I'm very grateful thank you!
Instructor
#60 Old 14th May 2020 at 6:53 AM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 14th May 2020 at 10:59 PM.
This one still works - it just isn’t updated to include all the newer recipes. If you download extra recipes from my Patreon you will need the newer book for them to show in game

Sure have and already translated

Again I'm so glad that you made this sort of custom foods and cookbook. It's much easier to keep on track than all the other food mods out there. It's simple and yet the cutest custom food mod out there. If you care for the German translation strings for all your recipes and cook book I can share them with you. Just let me know what all you need. If you just need the strings I can batch export them with Studio and send you a download link.

- Oh never mind about my translation. I just saw that you already have a German translation file on your Tumblr page. I didn‘t know. -

ETA: I tested some food with the new cookbook 9.5. I'd let my Sim cook all the meals and there are a few issues.
1) The corned beef meal can't be cooked. Sim will stand infront of the counter doing nothing, but moving like when a Sim is bugged.
2) The Sushi Plate in the fridge shows 2 when it's actually just cooked once. Then when you look inside there is another different meal inside which is CollardGreensCornbread dish. So Sushi Plate and CollardGreensCornbread share the same folder. I don't think that is intended since these are two different meals.

See Picture

Breakfast is fine. Haven't tested desserts and snacks yet. Will update my post once tested.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 14th May 2020 at 11:47 AM
Hi, if you want to send me a permanent link (such as simfileshare) over on my tumblr I can put a link and credit you on my translations page!

But you prefer strings or the mod with the translation, I can send it the way you prefer!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:26 AM
Eeeee! I love custom foods and these are great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 16th May 2020 at 12:37 PM
Sure have and already translated

Again I'm so glad that you made this sort of custom foods and cookbook. It's much easier to keep on track than all the other food mods out there. It's simple and yet the cutest custom food mod out there. If you care for the German translation strings for all your recipes and cook book I can share them with you. Just let me know what all you need. If you just need the strings I can batch export them with Studio and send you a download link.

- Oh never mind about my translation. I just saw that you already have a German translation file on your Tumblr page. I didn‘t know. -

ETA: I tested some food with the new cookbook 9.5. I'd let my Sim cook all the meals and there are a few issues.
1) The corned beef meal can't be cooked. Sim will stand infront of the counter doing nothing, but moving like when a Sim is bugged.
2) The Sushi Plate in the fridge shows 2 when it's actually just cooked once. Then when you look inside there is another different meal inside which is CollardGreensCornbread dish. So Sushi Plate and CollardGreensCornbread share the same folder. I don't think that is intended since these are two different meals.

See Picture

Breakfast is fine. Haven't tested desserts and snacks yet. Will update my post once tested.

Hi thanks for the feedback!

1) I tested the corned beef in my game with no issues . . my sim played through all the stages correctly so i'm not sure what's causing that issue for you.
2) I tried in my game and have experienced the same issue - it doesn't seem to be game breaking and I have had a look in the files but can't seem to find what's causing it. I will look further into this!
Test Subject
#64 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:13 AM
Loved this mod! Does the recipes work with he restaurants from dine out?
Instructor
#65 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:31 AM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 18th May 2020 at 10:29 AM.
Hi thanks for the feedback!

1) I tested the corned beef in my game with no issues . . my sim played through all the stages correctly so i'm not sure what's causing that issue for you.
2) I tried in my game and have experienced the same issue - it doesn't seem to be game breaking and I have had a look in the files but can't seem to find what's causing it. I will look further into this!

Well, I think I found the problem in my game. A few more tests with both of your cookbooks installed results in not being able to cook all the meals from either cookbook. In the Medieval Cookbook I was only able to cook 2 meals. The BreadBaguetteBasket and the regular PeasantGruel. The rest did not work. When clicking, nothing happens.
I then took out the Grannies Cookbook for further tests and then was able to cook all the meals from the Medieval Cookbook, but not when both are installed. Same CornedBeefHash is still not cookable for me even if this is the only mod installed. No clue why. Sims will take out the ingredients on wooden board from the fridge, act like pooring into something. place the wooden board on counter and then just stands there. Nothing else will happen.

Your page says that both cooksbooks could be installed and used together in game, but that is definitely not so. At least not in my game. They do sure conflict with each other. I have tested these cookbooks without any other mods installed as always when I test problem mods.

Although your cookbooks say base game compatible, I'm not sure if it matters what game packs are installed in peoples game.
I will list mine for you just in case it does matter some how.

Game Packs
1.Outdoor Retreat Game Pack,
2.Spa Day Game Pack,
3.Dine Out Game Pack,
4.Vampires Game Pack,
5.Parenthood Game Pack,
6.Jungle Adventure Game Pack
7.Stranger-Ville

Expansion Packs
1.Get to Work Expansion Pack,
2.Get Together Expansion Pack,
3.City-Living Expansion Pack, (uninstalled 1 week after purchase release because of unwanted Bugs and game behavior)
4.Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack,
5.Seasons Expansion Pack
6.Island-Living Expansion Pack
7.Discover University Expansion Pack

Stuff Packs
1.Luxury Party Stuff,
2.Perfect Patio Stuff,
3.Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack,
4.Spooky Stuff Pack,
5.Movie Hangout Stuff Pack,
6.Romantic Garden Stuff Pack,
7.Backyard Stuff Pack,
8.Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack,
9.Fitness Stuff Pack,
10.Toddler Stuff Pack
11.Laundry Day Stuff
12.My First Pet Stuff Pack
13.Tiny-Livng Stuff Pack

ETA: After deleting the Meal CornedBeefHash (which is not working in my game) from Grannies Cookbook meals, I can now use both cookbooks in game and also cook all Medieval meals. Very strange...
Hope you will find the issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th May 2020 at 3:46 PM
Well, I think I found the problem in my game. A few more tests with both of your cookbooks installed results in not being able to cook all the meals from either cookbook. In the Medieval Cookbook I was only able to cook 2 meals. The BreadBaguetteBasket and the regular PeasantGruel. The rest did not work. When clicking, nothing happens.
I then took out the Grannies Cookbook for further tests and then was able to cook all the meals from the Medieval Cookbook, but not when both are installed. Same CornedBeefHash is still not cookable for me even if this is the only mod installed. No clue why. Sims will take out the ingredients on wooden board from the fridge, act like pooring into something. place the wooden board on counter and then just stands there. Nothing else will happen.

Your page says that both cooksbooks could be installed and used together in game, but that is definitely not so. At least not in my game. They do sure conflict with each other. I have tested these cookbooks without any other mods installed as always when I test problem mods.

Although your cookbooks say base game compatible, I'm not sure if it matters what game packs are installed in peoples game.
I will list mine for you just in case it does matter some how.

Game Packs
1.Outdoor Retreat Game Pack,
2.Spa Day Game Pack,
3.Dine Out Game Pack,
4.Vampires Game Pack,
5.Parenthood Game Pack,
6.Jungle Adventure Game Pack
7.Stranger-Ville

Expansion Packs
1.Get to Work Expansion Pack,
2.Get Together Expansion Pack,
3.City-Living Expansion Pack, (uninstalled 1 week after purchase release because of unwanted Bugs and game behavior)
4.Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack,
5.Seasons Expansion Pack
6.Island-Living Expansion Pack
7.Discover University Expansion Pack

Stuff Packs
1.Luxury Party Stuff,
2.Perfect Patio Stuff,
3.Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack,
4.Spooky Stuff Pack,
5.Movie Hangout Stuff Pack,
6.Romantic Garden Stuff Pack,
7.Backyard Stuff Pack,
8.Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack,
9.Fitness Stuff Pack,
10.Toddler Stuff Pack
11.Laundry Day Stuff
12.My First Pet Stuff Pack
13.Tiny-Livng Stuff Pack

ETA: After deleting the Meal CornedBeefHash (which is not working in my game) from Grannies Cookbook meals, I can now use both cookbooks in game and also cook all Medieval meals. Very strange...
Hope you will find the issue.

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I have both cookbooks in my game and haven't experienced any of these issues so I'm not sure why you are.

All I can suggest for now, until I figure out the issue, is to make sure you have everything installed correctly and not too many folders deep. I've not had any other reports of these errors, so it might be one of those unfortunate things where it works for some and not for others..
Instructor
#67 Old 21st May 2020 at 6:51 AM
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I have both cookbooks in my game and haven't experienced any of these issues so I'm not sure why you are.

All I can suggest for now, until I figure out the issue, is to make sure you have everything installed correctly and not too many folders deep. I've not had any other reports of these errors, so it might be one of those unfortunate things where it works for some and not for others..

Don't worry about it too much. I just shared my issues & experience with your cookbooks which I love very much. And no, I don't have them in too deep folders and everything is installed correctly. Both of your cookbooks have a separate folder and both work fine so far if the one particular meal from Grannie's Cookbook (which my Sim can't cook) is not installed in the game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#68 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 11:00 AM
Hi @Littlbowbub - just a quick update from my game

Thanks for the new Grannie Cookbook update and 2 new meals.
I have updated to your new Grannies Cookbook 28.05 from your Patreon page and also downloaded the two new meals for the Grannies Cookbook, but once again on of the new dish "pears beans and bacon" can't be cooked by my Sim. Same behaviour as with the corned beef meal. Sim will get the ingrediens from the fridge, place it on the counter and just stand infront of the empty wooden board on counter, act like they are thinking and doing nothing. The Chicken Alfredo works just fine. I haven tried several households to let my Sim cook those two particular meals, but no one can cook them. Even with no other mods installed. All have cook level 10.
I just wish I knew what is causing this with these two meals. All others are working. (It's driving me nuts lol)
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hellsingirl
Loved this mod! Does the recipes work with he restaurants from dine out?

This is the exact question I came to ask! Would be awesome if these recipes could be served at restaurants
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 2:30 AM Last edited by simstress06 : 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:28 AM.
Better Exceptions reports that this mod needs updating.

Exception Date: 2020-06-22 21:22:13
Game Version: 1.63.136.1010-1.300.000.124.
Release Category ID: tunable_model.py:71

Recommended Action There is bad tuning in this mod: \Grannys Old Recipe Book MOD NEEDS UPDATE 5.14.20\Grannys Custome Food\LBB_GC_meal_beefpatty_with_cocobread.package
Delete it from your mods folder or see if the auther has an updated version.
If it is a multi-package mod make sure you update all of them.

Possible Cause
(Confidence: 100%)
\Grannys Old Recipe Book MOD NEEDS UPDATE 5.14.20\Grannys Custome Food\LBB_GC_meal_beefpatty_with_cocobread.package
Reason [cjiang] Error invoking TunableModelWrapper._factory (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_model')

MCCC Version 7.2.2

WickedWhims Version v155h
Package Mod Count 17026
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:44 PM
Absolutely amazing! You are a really talented creator! I can't wait to see what else you upload!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 10:49 PM
That mod is for 1.63? or 1.62..?
Test Subject
#73 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 4:54 PM
He descargado el mod pero el archivo .rar está vacío.
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 4:55 PM
Default el archivo no funciona
he descargado el mod, pero al momento de extraer el archivo, el .rar está vacío.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 5:51 PM
Does the mod still work after the June Patch?
Page 3 of 6