Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Truly Bald Hair (Both Genders, Almost All Ages!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:15 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:40 PM by HystericalParoxysm

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:17 AM
Got them working. For some reason they didn't work when I used the Helper Monkey, but worked like a charm when I just dragged and dropped them straight in. I *thought* I had already tried that, but I guess not.

Anyway, thanks so much for the new hair!
Instructor
#52 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:22 AM
Is this set to show up on random townies that are generated by the game? I don't mind it showing up for men but I'd rather not have a town full of bald headed ladies.
Inventor
#53 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoki
Is this set to show up on random townies that are generated by the game? I don't mind it showing up for men but I'd rather not have a town full of bald headed ladies.

LOL I never thought of that, I have a shaved head but I'd also rather not have the other women wandering around like that. Personally I think that's what makes my sim unique!

Glad to know it's fixed now too.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:00 AM
Motoki - Yes, it's set to valid for random, as all my hairs are. I'm pretty sure that's fixable using CTU if you want to change it for your own game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 2:49 AM
Super cool. I really do hate that stubbly head. This is a great smooth bald look for some of my Sims without the wonky color issues arising from just matching the skin tone. Thank you muchly!
Scholar
#56 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:20 PM
Love this, thanks HP!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:29 PM
This is fabulous. I love bald sims. [And bald people.] Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:54 PM
Yay now I can complete my Mr. Clean!!
Inventor
#59 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a65wizard
Thanks, why EA didn't include the Bald look from the start is beyond me. It looks like, as usually, everyone else has to make the game right.

Well since everyone at EA is virtually useless and they can't figure out how to fix problems I'm thinking this may be why:

The bald hair shows strange artifacts when combined with some of the face masks. It looks great in my game until I add a mask then it turns much lighter and in some cases even has flat cornrow texture on just the left side but for the most part there seem to be things on the backs of the masks as well which I doubt EA would be smrt enough to fix

On another note HP do you think you could please make a version that is not random? I am using Delphy's CTU from July 27th and I click the Part category and uncheck random and click commit for all ages and genders but when I go back and look at the ages I've commited and saved they still are showing valid for random. I'm not sure if the problem is the new CTU or the hair but I cannot seem to remove the random tag.
Test Subject
#60 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:32 PM
Thank you so much! I still don't see how EA thought not being able to have bald sims was a good idea. -_-
Test Subject
#61 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:45 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 12:02 AM
Thank you, this is perfect for an orc family I am making!! :D
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:03 PM
THX that's what i needed to make my sims ready to draw their hair on pictures
Forum Resident
#64 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:48 AM
Just an idle inquiry: You said on the main page that there had been an issue with the hair disappearing when the Sim was naked.
The hair. The bald hairdo. Disappearing. WHAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE? XD
Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
squall117 - The game automatically puts a scalp on all sims. That scalp can be textured in a variety of ways - that's how the stubble and buzz cut type hairs are done, by texturing the scalp. It's not part of the full body or the face, but a separate piece. This is just a no-texture version of the scalp, with a 1 poly placeholder.

You are amazing. Thank you so much for your talent.
Test Subject
#66 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:42 AM
Just simply smashing

"Go then,There are other worlds than these." -Jake Chambers (The gunslinger)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:20 AM
LethalLaurie - It would switch to an actual hairstyle rather than bald.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#68 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 6:06 PM
Thanks H-P!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Test Subject
#69 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 9:19 AM
Thank you! The instructions for installing were very helpful aswell..
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 5:17 PM
Great job! Thank you very much! I just love your sim (big pic). Can you please share that sim?? Thanks!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 9:14 PM
Great Work!!!
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 10:45 AM
Yay! Just what I needed in my sims3! Maybe I shall go then and do a few green, bald-headed aliens...
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 9:43 AM
Thanks a lot for this!
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 7:13 PM
Finaly! Thanks a million
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 3:39 AM
Finally, something that doesn't look freaky! Thanks!
Page 3 of 5