Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#1501 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:42 PM
I agree chreai. Even of it was a thurday. It was still a Monday.. LOL
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1502 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:43 PM
Mingham. You should show everybody Arthur Friend. I don't know if they've seen him yet.
*cackles, then wanders off*

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Mad Poster
#1503 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:50 PM
^^sdkghhgdkjsdg WHAT DO YOU KNOW D:
Top Secret Researcher
#1504 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
^^sdkghhgdkjsdg WHAT DO YOU KNOW D:

Arthur Friend is the result of me attempting to create an evil Imaginary Friend turned real and his downtrodden, infallibly loyal minion/former owner after discovering there were no limits on what traits Imaginary Friends can have and finding the concept of a manipulative, villainous entity born from some poor sim child's brain so fundamentally unsettling that it more or less demanded to be made into a character.

It resulted in this:

In hindsight, it probably wasn't the most sensible simming decision I've ever made.
Top Secret Researcher
#1505 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 10:11 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Thanks, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#1506 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 10:43 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 17th Nov 2012 at 4:13 AM. Reason: LEARN TO TYPE. YOU ARE RETARDED.
After that and Lester on the previous page, neither am I, Silent. Neither am I.

Is it me or does Arthur have a bit of a Joker vibe to him?
Instructor
#1507 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Arthur Friend is the result of me attempting to create an evil Imaginary Friend turned real and his downtrodden, infallibly loyal minion/former owner after discovering there were no limits on what traits Imaginary Friends can have and finding the concept of a manipulative, villainous entity born from some poor sim child's brain so fundamentally unsettling that it more or less demanded to be made into a character.

It resulted in this:

In hindsight, it probably wasn't the most sensible simming decision I've ever made.

So that is the true backstory to the Joker....
Scholar
#1508 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:49 PM
My sim was just told by his mom that he seemed really interesting and maybe he should go out to coffee and get to know each other a little better. Ewwww.
Scholar
#1509 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:51 PM
Here is more just a WTF was this supposed to be EA? My sim made a hockey snowman. It has the number 99 on it's back. I was trying to figure out what the 99 was supposed to be made of on the snow man. It's splotchy, yellow and looks a little bit like liquid soaked into the snow. And then I realized a likely candidate... Uhhh.. was that an unfortunate coincidence? Or do I have a sick gutter mind? Or was it really supposed to be that my sims wrote numbers on the snow?
Field Researcher
#1510 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:22 PM
While I couldn't stop my sim from running out and checking out the strange lights twice (and then getting abducted) I did notice that he had the (greyed-out) option to magically upgrade the ufo's laser cannon. o.O I'm sure that'll be safe.

But also makes me want to get my own ufo.. >.>
Mad Poster
#1511 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Here is more just a WTF was this supposed to be EA? My sim made a hockey snowman. It has the number 99 on it's back. I was trying to figure out what the 99 was supposed to be made of on the snow man. It's splotchy, yellow and looks a little bit like liquid soaked into the snow. And then I realized a likely candidate... Uhhh.. was that an unfortunate coincidence? Or do I have a sick gutter mind? Or was it really supposed to be that my sims wrote numbers on the snow?

Aaahahaha, picture evidence please! XD
Top Secret Researcher
#1512 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 12:18 AM
I had a sim (not mine) wobbling across the frozen bay in Twinbrook with a toddler in his arms. It took him all night. Once he finally arrived at the beach, the toddler disappeared, and he turned around for a return trip. At this point I was hoping he would break in. Stupidity needs to be punished. It was like watching a trainwreck. A very, very slow one.
Test Subject
#1513 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 5:49 AM
Apparently, right next to the goal in a soccer field is a good place to put your baby down.
Theorist
#1514 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 1:14 PM
^ Providing a free ball for soccer practice, I suppose?
Lab Assistant
#1515 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 6:35 PM
My PI sim was out on a case when his pregnant wife went into labour at home. without thinking, i clicked "take to hospital" while controlling him. so he's jumped in his car, driven all the way home, then got out of his car, into a waiting taxi with his wife. no problem.
but after the baby boy was born, and they left the hospital, Mummy and baby took a cab home, while dad stood at the hospital with an uncancellable "go here with" interaction above his head. she drives home in the taxi, gets to the front door, then turns around, runs back on foot to the hospital, while holding the baby, so she can get in dads car with him and drive back home again. *sigh* way to go.

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Instructor
#1516 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Is it me or does Arhur have a bit of a Joker vibe to him?

You added that part after I posted didn't you?

Still, yes he just needs purple for the rest of his outfit rather than the one sleeve and it'd be to perfect a fit.
Top Secret Researcher
#1517 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:05 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 17th Nov 2012 at 2:23 AM.
So I just installed Seasons.

And for some reason, Rick Scumthorpe rolled a want to gain a few Logic points when I loaded for the first time after patching despite usually being a drunken, douchey, anti-intellectual moron. Well, good for him, he could probably use them and it's always nice to see somebody wanting to improve their mind-

erm

is that a wise idea Rick

you do realise what I just installed right

Somewhat surprisingly, he actually turned out to be either a natural astronomer or someone with the biggest case of beginner's luck ever, judging by the fact that he managed to discover a new star within less than an hour of using a perfectly ordinary telescope for the first time in his entire life.

Unfortunately, however, he quickly proved to be about as effective at naming astronomical objects as his family usually is at naming infants:

And so it came to pass that a once-majestic celestial body that lit the darkness of the cosmos countless millennia before the birth of our sun was forced to spend its dying days named after the most repulsive members of a race of hairless apes, forever stumbling about on a pale blue dot suspended in infinity.

Still, at least nothing seems to have gone unambiguously wrong so far-

...Ah.

I guess we all kind of saw this coming.

But still, it's only been four in-game hours since Seasons was added to this disaster of a town. What the HELL?

ATTENTION: HUMAN SUBJECT REQUIRED FOR MAJOR BIOLOGICAL EXPERIMENT

"...Dude, first contact. I knew I wasn't wasting my time with the X-Files in the '90s-"

"-Wait, what are you doing? Stop it! You don't want me!"

"I'm not probing material! I haven't even lost my virginity the usual way yet!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And just in case you're in any doubt as to the implications of this momentous event, here's Rick's moodlet panel afterwards. When it expired, this new moodlet was automatically replaced by another one of... shall we say, growing significance?

IT BEGINS
One Minute Ninja'd
#1518 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 2:20 AM
Oh crap, an alien Scumthorpe. You couldn't make this shit up even if you wanted to.
Mad Poster
#1519 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
You added that part after I posted didn't you?

Still, yes he just needs purple for the rest of his outfit rather than the one sleeve and it'd be to perfect a fit.

I didn't actually! The edit was because I made typos...and now I re-read my post I see there are even more sdkjlghdfgkjshfsjkhdjdgjfdsgs. Just a good ole fashioned case of great minds think alike! *High five*

And aaaahahaha oh my God, Rick. I can't wait to see what he spawns! :X
Lab Assistant
#1520 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:19 AM
It's not a Sim wtf moment but still... I've installed Seasons. After hours of trying to make it work sucess. It's autumn. Temperature is BELOW 0, it's raining and I can hear thunders. Nice one EA
Scholar
#1521 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:44 AM
I've had bad luck with random trait rolling.

Witch (Mother): Evil
Son: Hot Headed, Dislikes Children, Mean Spirited, Loner
Son's Imaginary friend : Evil, Mean Spirited
Son's Alien Wife: Mean Spirited, Hot Headed

They all live in the same house right now and need to be supervised at all times. The second I leave them alone, they are fighting and yelling at each other. Alien is yelling at her Mother in law, Imaginary friend is insulting Son, Son is beating the crap out of the maid. All of them seem to get an "Enemy!" moodlet whenever they go in public. And it all comes from 2 second random encounters where I didn't stop them fast enough from insulting or getting into a fight with a random sim.

The only one not hated by almost everyone in town is ironically the WITCH, who is turning everyone into toads. On purpose. The NPC reaction to being toadified is "Hey! I'm a toad! Oh well. Hey toad buddy, hows the weather?" No one seems to CARE that their head is toad shaped!
Instructor
#1522 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:35 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh lords above, the Scumthorpe family tree is going to get really interesting. The evil business Magnate, the scheming Necromancer, the villianous Genius, a child Psychopath and now a potential Alien Infiltrator. Let the battle to see who rules the world BEGIN!
Inventor
#1523 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:40 AM
Apparently, my Sim thinks she's Kitty Pride.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1524 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 3:08 AM
One of my sims was exhausted for at least a sim hour. I had her eat, and she seemed to have enough energy clean her dish, but I immediately sent her to bed, so she wouldn't pass out. Silly me, I should have figured once my sim finally got into bed (for whatever reason, she won't sleep in past 8), "Pass Out" showed up in her queue, forcing her to get out of bed, walk a few steps, and... pass out in front of her bed. I might as well leave her like that, until 8 rolls around, b/c she'll just get up at that time anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#1525 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
I hate it when sims decide to cancel an action to complain about something that doing the action will fulfil.

For instance, one of my sims cancelled cooking food while it was on the oven to complain about being hungry and then went to make another batch of food. The oven was actually fireproof, so instead of flaming justice, she got a plate of food that she couldn't cook, because the oven was still occupied. So she went to get another batch. Just out of curiousity, I didn't do anything. She kept pulling trays out, filled up all her counterspace, and left a couple trays on the floor. And then surrounded by food - including some that was already done - she got a snack from the fridge.

At least I know that my sims are not the most annoying characters I have ever or will ever encounter.
Page 61 of 321