Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:18 PM
Default London 2012 Logo
I don't suppose many have seen this yet, but today the London 2012 commity revealed the logo for the Olympics:

And no, you are not seeing things. This is the offical logo, and comes in other horrid neon colours. The british public are in up-roar about it and it was only revealed about 3 hours ago.

Here is an article about it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/oth...012/6718243.stm
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :laugh: That is priceless! And we want ourselves to be taken seriously?! Hahahahah!!!!!!
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:23 PM
They're in uproar about it? About a sign, of all things?

Maybe everyone is having a really slow day...

#4 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:26 PM
Couldn't they just stick with this?

It doesn't matter, anyway. Most of the world hate us already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
They're in uproar about it? About a sign, of all things?

Maybe everyone is having a really slow day...

It's the fact that this sign is meant to be representing us as a country to the rest of the world - it means alot as this is our first Olympics (for a while, or first ever not sure). It doesn't represent our country and cost the tax payers £400,000.

I know - why couldn't they have stuck with the design they took to the campaig? It's much much better.
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:33 PM
My Eyes! My Eyes! Dear God Have Mercy On My Soul!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:42 PM
How's that one representing you as a country. I suck at geography but i don't think that resembles the UK in any way. I mean, it's fuchsia squares placed in an apparent random order!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
How's that one representing you as a country. I suck at geography but i don't think that resembles the UK in any way. I mean, it's fuchsia squares placed in an apparent random order!

Lord Cole (the chairman of the commitie) has said that they aimed to reach out to the younger generations and is meant to be a 'street' style (aka graffiti) logo. Ha! I can see the kids taking the piss out of this right now.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 3:57 PM
Just found this comment about it.XD

"Utterly hideous - and the Olympic rings appear to be placed on a stylised map of Australia."

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:05 PM
you know all they had to do is add a picture of british lans to the original olympics one! that would look alot nicer than that pink and green tat!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:07 PM
Almost makes you ashamed to be British... or it would, if we didn't have so much to be ashamed about already. It really is awful. Our taxes could be better spent... on a crack habit. :meh:
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:12 PM
Oh. My. God. :jaw: My eyes! What were they thinking! That's hideous!

My name is Loren.
#13 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:14 PM
The thing is, since when did the group in the 'younger generation' who go out and grattifi sit down and watch the Olympics? =l

I find it vile. Even a change in colour would be better! Like so:

Seems to actually represent something i.e. the world? The environment? And SINCE WHEN WERE FUSCHIA AND YELLOW GOOD TOGETHER?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:23 PM
Haylifer: That's much better! You know, if you worked for the government you would have earned yourself a fine pay package
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 4:24 PM
they should visit Buhcarest Metro to see what real grafitti looks like, every single train is a work of art. That logo looks unfinished.
Theorist
#16 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 11:18 PM
Crocobaura, the designs spell out 2012, the year the UK is hosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
#17 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 11:23 PM
I hope nobody got paid to make that.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 11:29 PM
Oh you bet they would have been paid. I dread to think how much of the tax payers money went into paying for that. Apparently there's even a petition somewhere the logo to be replaced with anything. :laugh: This is quite funny in a really sad kind of way. :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 11:53 PM
I have a headache after looking at that..my eyes hurt to. What were they thinking?!
#20 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 12:25 AM
I think we should start a new thread: Design your own 2012 Olympics logo, coz anythings better than that! My god its hideous lol
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 12:28 AM
Just heard on the news that we can expect to see that logo on everything in the capital for the next five years! I'm real glad that I don't live in London no more.

Plus the government are expecting us to buy a shirt with the logo on it every year because it's going to be in a different colour every time. I mean are we that stupid? I'd like to think that we still have shread of honor and self respect as a nation.

Noodle: There has been tons of better logos sent to the bbc in buckets today. Sure makes the government look stupid... er. :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 123321
I hope nobody got paid to make that.

It cost, along with the campaign to go with it (which also looked something that had come out of the 80s) £400,00
#23 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 1:14 PM
is it just me, but I think the logo is good, regardless that it looks like its "zapping" *hides* but i think its going to make a huge impression on everyone who sees it and will leave a permanent mark on everyones brain! good for business I would say.

PS: The 0 in 2012 looks like a simplify map of australia.
#24 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 8:53 PM
that has to be the most hideous thing i have seen in a while... ugh!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 9:16 PM
Do you think we should attach a poll to this thread? :P
Page 1 of 3