Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:54 AM
hello, i make new Movie options (movie channel?) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDUYIi-tAw (polish game version)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 4:54 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#253 Old 21st May 2012 at 5:58 AM
Default Blue Screen
Alright I followed the steps and I'm trying to get the TestVID Coffee uploaded to work.

The channel name and everything appears on my TV, but I still get the blue screen...
My EP:
-Sims2
-Pets
-Seasons
-OFB
-Nightlife

I also have University but its NOT installed.
I can't seem to get my game to work with University even without custom content.
It's probably because its the DVD edition and my other ones are CD edition.
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 8:26 AM
i am having a problem my channel was working then it does not it just plays commercial after commercial please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#255 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwirsing
What program do you use to make the avi 128x128 and 15 fps

Windows Movie Maker or game itself
Set to low size and low quality ingame
Test Subject
#256 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 7:44 PM
Wow! Thanks for the tutorial, now my Sims will have more programs to watch.
Test Subject
#257 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 8:05 PM
good news i got my tv channel working with out the blue flashing screen
i got my tv channel working and with out the blue flashing screen and it works on all tvs sims 2 tvs and mod tvs and full screen and i have all the EPS and SPs too
Screenshots
Test Subject
#258 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Mornedil : 29th Jul 2014 at 6:02 PM.
I followed all the steps and it doesn't even appear as in the popup menu for me when trying to change channels.
I'm using the sims 2 ultimate edition downloaded through origin, and I'm modifying the broadcast.ini file in the Apartment Life folder.
The game detected the package file and told me to activate it, so I did.

Origin downloaded my version of the sims in Swedish without asking me (I would prefer it in English).
Could that cause any problems? I even added a swedish translation for the popup menu in the package file.

Edit: I got it to work but having the blue flashing screen glitch. I'll look back in the thread for a solution
Test Subject
#259 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:39 AM
doesn't work with sims ultimate collection .. not sure what to do broadcast ini keeps being over-written.. channel changes to what you want .. but no folders work .. just a blue screen.. do I mess with the additions ( expansions ) because those are all in packages no files exist to keep the broadcast ini. connected to folders..
Test Subject
#260 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NeXus348
doesn't work with sims ultimate collection .. not sure what to do broadcast ini keeps being over-written.. channel changes to what you want .. but no folders work .. just a blue screen.. do I mess with the additions ( expansions ) because those are all in packages no files exist to keep the broadcast ini. connected to folders..

To make it work edit Broadcast.ini in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\UserData\Config and delete Broadcast.ini from C:\My Dokuments\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Config
Lab Assistant
#261 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malysz9999
hello, i make new Movie options (movie channel?) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDUYIi-tAw (polish game version)

How you made it?
Test Subject
#262 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM Last edited by RileyIL77 : 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:15 PM. Reason: To add the ZIP of the PDF.
Default This Tutorial in PDF Format!
Quote: Originally posted by Eric
Hi everyone,

I put together an example television channel and a simple tutorial on how to create and add your own custom television channels to the Sims 2...

I hope you don't mind, but I converted this Tutorial to PDF for folks to Download or Print, who don't always have access to the Internet.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Tutorial in PDF - Custom Television Channel.zip (1.09 MB, 199 downloads) - View custom content

SLASHER BBS(TM), INC. (c) John Riley telnet://slasherbbs.com or Website http://slasherbbs.com
Riley - Personal Computer Doctor (c) John Riley telnet://rileypcmd.com or Website http://rileypcmd.com
rileypcmd and rileypcmd.com is a registered trademark of Riley's - Personal Computer Doctor
Field Researcher
#263 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eric
Let's open the Custom Television Channel.package file in SimPE and begin with the "Object Data" file...

Confused, what do you change the 0x1DBEE13A to?
Page 11 of 11