Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regency-style gown, inspired off of a dress from the manga 'Chobits'

by matildarose Posted 26th Jul 2006 at 1:25 PM

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:06 AM
It's beautiful, I love Chobits :D
Great job
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:55 AM
So.....beautiful

Thank you so much
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:18 PM
wow... this is wonderful mew mew.... now i can create a real romantic moment in the park with this dress
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:56 PM
Wow, thanks for doing my request! It's really beautiful - just as I'd imagined it! Good job!!

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the Twentieth Century" - Jack the Ripper
"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick-ass!" Dave the Lighting Guy, Orgazmo
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:45 PM
Wow, that is GORGEOUS. You did a great job! I'm definitely downloading this when I get home.

btw, sussi's so good sims 2 and parsimonious.org both have lots of empire/regency styles, for future reference.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exactduckwoman
Wow, that is GORGEOUS. You did a great job! I'm definitely downloading this when I get home.

btw, sussi's so good sims 2 and parsimonious.org both have lots of empire/regency styles, for future reference.

Oh yes, I love those sites! The mesh I used here just seemed to fit a little better with what I had in mind, as I wanted a slight trail and no sleeves in the mesh.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 5:44 PM
This is gorgeous! Did you draw the details by hand?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smangirl16
This is gorgeous! Did you draw the details by hand?

Yes. Wacom tablets are a godsend!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matildarose
Yes. Wacom tablets are a godsend!

omg yes, I work with mine all the time lol
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 4:06 PM
gorgeous work SSS!Just what I was looking for!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 8:03 PM
which mesh is it on peggysims

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 5:03 AM
photo_me2004, I found it on page 71 in the free area under clothes. Hope this helps you.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 7:12 PM
This is gorgeous! Thank you!

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Instructor
#15 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 9:22 PM
I have no idea what Chobits is, but the dress is superb! This is waaaaay, more than a decent job.
Thank you!

Hey, wanna get rid of the PaySites once and for all?

Wanna join the Animal Army?
Give me credit and you can include/default/whatever my stuff - No Paysites!
- I always use skins from Enayla
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:06 AM
This is nice.
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 11:25 PM
I've watched a bit of Chobits. It's not my favorite show, but some of the dresses were beautiful.
This dress is just lovely.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:09 PM
wow really awsome work!

After about 2 years of long absence, I'M BACK! :)
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 6:59 PM
I download this dress and the Mesh peggysims2bodymesh0008(peggybodymesh0008-adult-050620.package This is what it's called in my folder) and it does not show up in Bodyshop or in-game. Is this the wrong mesh? Does anyone else have this problem?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 6:59 AM
Just a head's up: Peggy's site has been re-done, and the Mesh needed for this dress has been re-named to "#02422". You can download it here at Peggy's Site (it's the 4th Mesh on the linked page).
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 8:30 PM
I can't seem to get this dress to work in my game.

Thanks Kumi Koda, for the updated Peggy link, but I downloaded that mesh 02422 (aka peggybodymesh0008-adult-050620) and the dress doesn't show up.

I even took a peek at that mesh in SimPE, and it appears to be the correct file (same as the thumbnail on Peggy's site and the same silhouette as this dress) but for whatever reason, it's not working.

I tried running Wardrobe Wrangler's orphan scanner with just this texture and that mesh, to see if they matched up (if they didn't, they both should've been marked as orphans) but it crashed the program instead.

I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 10:48 PM
thanks kumi koda for the link of mesh -^^-
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wandersfar
I can't seem to get this dress to work in my game.

Thanks Kumi Koda, for the updated Peggy link, but I downloaded that mesh 02422 (aka peggybodymesh0008-adult-050620) and the dress doesn't show up.

I even took a peek at that mesh in SimPE, and it appears to be the correct file (same as the thumbnail on Peggy's site and the same silhouette as this dress) but for whatever reason, it's not working.

I tried running Wardrobe Wrangler's orphan scanner with just this texture and that mesh, to see if they matched up (if they didn't, they both should've been marked as orphans) but it crashed the program instead.

I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Huh. It's been a while since I've done anything with Sims 2 (I log on occasionally to check mail on here); I've completely forgotten anything that could've helped in deciphering the problem. Maybe the mesh has since been updated in some way that's made non-updated skins no longer work? I apologize greatly for not being able to help, here. Thank you all for trying to get to the bottom of things! If someone is able to solve it, email me at wbmattila(at)gmail.com (replace at with @, yaddayadda) and I'll update the file so no one else has to go through this mess.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM
great job.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:53 PM
not working on mine either
Page 1 of 2