Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#151 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 8:37 AM
There's some super ideas on this thread. Makes me realise how unimaginative I am. My only business lot which isn't run of the mill (the types Maxis had in mind for OFB) is an antiques shop. Puts to use some of the Maxis furniture that you otherwise hardly touch.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for the reply and tips, Simonut! I don't know what's going on with my game or object or whatever, because in my game visiting sims have to stock the ice cream machine themselves!

You're welcome, Essa! I wish I could build things that looked that pretty!

Snufflepaws- ooh, an antiques shop! I have one, and it's been fun to play, but I haven't touched that neighborhood in a while (my megahood; Betty Goldstein was looking for something productive to do with her time), so I need to figure out who else could have one! Hmm....

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#153 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 2:21 AM
Macaroodle, thank you; somehow I missed seeing your post. Borrow away. Most of the buildings in Coral Bay were by Plasticbox and I have simply altered the floor plans.

I love the all in one bathroom as the sims do it all, both use the toilet and shower.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#154 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 12:49 AM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Oct 2015 at 1:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
Thanks for the reply and tips, Simonut! I don't know what's going on with my game or object or whatever, because in my game visiting sims have to stock the ice cream machine themselves!

You're welcome, Essa! I wish I could build things that looked that pretty!

Snufflepaws- ooh, an antiques shop! I have one, and it's been fun to play, but I haven't touched that neighborhood in a while (my megahood; Betty Goldstein was looking for something productive to do with her time), so I need to figure out who else could have one! Hmm....

@Macaroodle Yes that is the way the Ice Machine work on a community lot ( I think you miss what I said about that part in my post #149) any Sims you are controlling you sent them to the machine and the options for serve will come up then any Sims or townies can eat all they want.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#155 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 1:06 AM
Not a full business, just a business trick that I figure some people might not have thought about. At my bandatron arcade, I have an espresso bar.

If you have your Sim serve espresso, and cancel the interaction right after they place the cups, they will continue making it but they won't grab a cup once they are done, leaving two cups of espresso for anyone to grab. I very rarely see visitors make coffee autonomously, but they are quite happy to grab a cup if it's just standing there.

Having espresso machines on counters takes up less space than the NPC-based regular one, it doesn't require an employee to take orders and serve, and your visitors don't have to pay for their coffee. This particular business is all-inclusive, so food and coffee is free as long as you buy a ticket, which I like from a story-based perspective. It's a little work since your Sim has to keep an eye on it and keep brewing new cups, but I find it more enjoyable to play if I have the owner actually do stuff. She goes around chatting to the customers, and keeping the buffet and espresso machines stocked, as well as clearing away dishes and cleaning the restroom.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 1:08 AM
Great idea. I knew they would leave coffee if canceled but I've never used it like that at a business.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#157 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Oct 2015 at 3:11 AM.
@ gummilutt I agree what a wonderful idea you have there, it's so amazing how everyone play their businesses. Sims love to eat or drink for nothing, they can be the best freeloaders when it come to that.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#158 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Simonut : 25th Oct 2015 at 2:10 AM.
NOTE : Sorry about double posting, I was waiting for other members to comments , so I would not have to double post. ( sorry )

I finish my new "Bakery" ( 2x2 ) and the Sims love it, they can't stop eating all the wonderful desserts the bakery offers.
This is on a community lot, maybe I will let a Sims own it and add a kitchen to make desserts, own business can be hard and you need patience.
I was so happy to use and add lots of "edible" food to the bakery by creator exnem and the wonderful "food Card" and edible wedding cakes by creator eris 3000.

All the edible I have place on a tables or counter like the wedding cakes can be use for any occasion.
Again I have to make it look like the Sims is paying for something and instead of being "freeloader" so that why I always use my Postcard rack,
that way it seem like the Sims are paying for not only the cards but for the bakery deserts, everyone buy and pay including the townies.

I have a Rest room upstairs so the Sims can take care of their needs and after using the toilet they "Must" clean their hands, I use Twojeff's mod that make the Sims wash their hands after using the toilet.
After all who would want their Sims touching and sharing food that others Sims may want to eat as well, with dirty hands.

Here are pictures of the Bakery just click on pictures for a larger view.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#159 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 5:26 AM
Are the bread loaves edible or just decorative?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 5:43 AM
Looks great. I have a stand of bread that is really a grocery bin in my medieval hoods bakery. Those ones I think are decorative, I recognize a couple.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#161 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 5:07 AM
@ Charity All the breads are just decorative and also what in the display cases, the only thing that is really edible are all the cupcakes on the table ( there're lot more of those not shown ) also the two pan of muffins on the table are edible, there're plenty more of those not shown. And everything on the food cart is edible and all of the wedding or occasions cake on counter are edible. There is also a box of donuts six each that comes in 4 rolls, they are edible. ( not shown ) it sat on the register counter. The good thing is the Sims and Townies will grab and eat whatever they want and as many times as they want with their own "free will." It really is fun to watch.

@ joandsarah77 thank happy you like it, you was really the one who gave me the ideas for a bakery.
Another idea is your "Bank" I am thinking about having one I'll already downloaded PC Sims bank, have not place it in my downloads yet, I need to find out how to work or run it or what to expect.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#162 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 6:52 AM
For me most of the PCsims bank items are too strongly coded or cheaty, but some pieces I like.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#163 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
For me most of the PCsims bank items are too strongly coded or cheaty, but some pieces I like.

joandsarah77 Please explain what do you mean by PCsims bank items are strongly coded or cheaty ? And what exact pieces do you use and like ?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 9:31 PM
Well it's been a few years... last time I used the whole set was on my old game. I seem to recall a bankers chair that let them smoke a cigar and I think that filled motives. I'm not a player that wants motives filled like that. The call centre made far too much money, the bank book terminal kept them buying bank books non stop, even the person who owned the bank as soon as they had nothing in queue would line up to buy a bank book. Someone else on here said they didn't find that happening, so I don't know.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#165 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 11:14 PM
Well it's been a few years... last time I used the whole set was on my old game. I seem to recall a bankers chair that let them smoke a cigar and I think that filled motives. I'm not a player that wants motives filled like that. The call centre made far too much money, the bank book terminal kept them buying bank books non stop, even the person who owned the bank as soon as they had nothing in queue would line up to buy a bank book. Someone else on here said they didn't find that happening, so I don't know.

I've barely used anything of the set yet but I did get the same scenario with the bank books. Shame as the objects look good even if only decorative. I put the terminal down next to the cash register just so the store looked more realistic (nowadays stores normally have a computer standing by). Had to remove it though because Sims were obsessing over it.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 2:12 AM
Yeah, motives or skills getting filled by stuff that shouldn't do that is one of my pet peeves. I've removed a few of those. Like Rebecah's toddler chairs that built cooking skill. If eating built cooking skill then I would be a gourmet chef. I could see it building cuisine enthusiasm if you had to have it build something, but not actual skill.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 2:28 AM
I wish I knew how to mod, there are a lot of items that I would like to change. I don't really get the idea behind things basically giving skill points or money like that, I mean if someone wants the sims to have skill points or loads of cash it's easy enough with cheats. I have a cooking toddler toy, actually have a toy for every skill but I like that they only build skill points at the normal speed, it's not incidental to something like eating..

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#168 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 9:28 AM
Hit me up jo, I'll teach you What I know, any way. I haven't unmodded skilling, but I've done needs and I imagine they are quite similar.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#169 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 9:37 AM
Thanks gummilutt, I wouldn't even know what to ask that is possible. A couple of projects I tried with help at Leefish were all too hard even for them lol. EG wanted to use some extracted fruit that comes bland to change it to tasty for a lot- no suggestion from leefish, Nixnivis, Bo and others would change it. Even after the colour changed it was still bland for the juicer. PCsims stuff I have a hunch is tricky also. I have changed a wage on a career and... yeah that's about it. What is a good first step? The call centre is a great item, if it made a lot less cash.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#170 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 9:53 AM
I'm not at all familiar with how the game works when deciding what items Sims should buy/use at an OFB store, so I wouldn't know how to make them flock less. And I'm not familiar with the items so I don't entirely understand what happens. Could you describe it with more detail?

But as a principle thought, I would look at how it's advertising it's autonomy, and since you say brings in too much money, if you can locate where that number is stored.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#171 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 11:08 AM
The call Centre by PC sims has a sim stand behind it and I think use the phone. It's been 2-3 years since I tried it and got rid of it. I just remember the dollars flying, no real effort involved. I can't remember if it has autonomy, it might.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#172 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th Oct 2015 at 9:20 PM.
Oh well now I think PCSims system is out for me from what is said, I don't want motives ran that way either. I was thinking about using "maybe" Monique ATM Machine not sure http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=87893
and have that be the only thing in the bank, but reading her notes about the computer and the ATM machine got me even more confuse as to what to, do I use her computer together with the ATM or that I really don't need it, and just use the ATM machine.

Have anyone use Monique ATM Machine if so do you like it ?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#173 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 2:10 AM
The piggy banks are good Simonut, sims can put money into those. I have my adults give them as presents to kids.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#174 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 2:32 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th Oct 2015 at 2:51 AM.
The piggy banks are good Simonut, sims can put money into those. I have my adults give them as presents to kids.

Piggy bank sound nice for the kids is that in the PCSims Bank files ? I did look but did not see the words piggy banks to put it out , Oh wait maybe you meant Monique hack computer.
Ok my mind is on "ice" now I need to get off this computer rest, eat and sleep. lol

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#175 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 3:34 AM
They are called 'moneybox-functional'

~Call me Jo~
Page 7 of 18