Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tenant and Landlord Mod v3.2 << UPDATED: 11/05/2006 <<

by monique Posted 6th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 11:13 AM by monique

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 208 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 8:33 PM
I believe this is a game by itself! I am gonna try it right now. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 10:16 AM
Ok Monique, I'll make some more try and I will see if it is caused by another mod ... and ... Thank you !!
Test Subject
#103 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 8:03 PM
BRILLIANT, LOVE IT, bought 3 houses for my sims. now my sims can relax and just collect some dough, hehehehhe. THANK YOU so much for this hack
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:20 AM
Thank you sooo much! This mod is perfect for my senior sims!
Test Subject
#105 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:43 PM
Ok I have downloaded this cause I think it is great, one proble, I have it set up for weekly payments and when Wed. rolls around for the weekly payment it keeps on paying the amount and won't stop. : (
Test Subject
#106 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:44 PM
Ok I have downloaded this cause I think it is great, one problem, I have it set up for weekly payments and when Wed. rolls around for the weekly payment it keeps on paying the amount and won't stop until I set the amopunt to zero. : (
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 1:30 AM Last edited by monique : 15th Jul 2006 at 1:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by seark72055
Ok I have downloaded this cause I think it is great, one problem, I have it set up for weekly payments and when Wed. rolls around for the weekly payment it keeps on paying the amount and won't stop until I set the amopunt to zero. : (

Maybe you're playing Landlord's house, it's natural to see several pop-up messages from your tennants that informing you that they just paid their rent. May I know what it says in the pop-up messages? Pls observe the icons (neighbor) in pop-up messages too, are they the same? what I mean is that messages is coming from one sim?
Is this in landlord's house or tennant's house? Thanks for your report.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 5:25 AM
thanks muchly

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) To be wise is to know everything else about something and nothing about everything else!

Click HERE to see George Bush kissing Johnny Howard!
Test Subject
#109 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 10:21 AM
Nice mod, was debating trying to make some trailers and this gives me a good them for a slumlord...

Also I am curious of the mentioning of the apartment mod as well, or is that a paid mod elsewhere?

Also the loan hack/computer mod?
Mad Poster
#110 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lochar67
Nice mod, was debating trying to make some trailers and this gives me a good them for a slumlord...

Also I am curious of the mentioning of the apartment mod as well, or is that a paid mod elsewhere?

Also the loan hack/computer mod?

I am answering your questions about the loan hack computer. Look up this thread : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=64137 Really you need to look up Monique page here, she has made the game financially wonderful.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovemysims
I use the simlogical mortgage shrub. I plant them on the property then move the poor sim in for a low low amount. then I sell the shrub putting the sim into the negative. Then I have them transfer the deed and then they have back the money they put in only. Then I send the Down payment Via Money Order. So far it works but I haven't played till a wednesday so I will tonight.

May I ask where i can find this "money order" hack? Thanks :lovestruc
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#112 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 10:42 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 16th Jul 2006 at 11:55 AM.
I am not entirely sure how you move a tenant in after setting all this up. Does the intended tenant move into the lot from the nhood screen, set up his house, and then pick someone to be the landlord? Or can the landlord prepare the house and then pick the tenant?

Does the tenancy agreement stay with the lot, so one tenant can move out and a new one move in and take over paying the rent? Or does the first tenant keep paying rent to the landlord no matter where he moves to later?
Test Subject
#113 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Maybe you're playing Landlord's house, it's natural to see several pop-up messages from your tennants that informing you that they just paid their rent. May I know what it says in the pop-up messages? Pls observe the icons (neighbor) in pop-up messages too, are they the same? what I mean is that messages is coming from one sim?
Is this in landlord's house or tennant's house? Thanks for your report.

I am playing the landlord's house but I have two house rented to other sims and their pop-up messages with their pic's shows up saying the amount they paid. The problem is that I keep getting the same messages over and over. I have it set to pay 100/week and I keep getting the messages they paid 100 until I manually put the amount to zero. I will have a list all the way down my screen they pay it so many times in that day. The mod is great I just wish it worked for me. : ( I will get some screen shot maybe it will explain it better than I can.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 8:46 AM
seark72055,
I downloaded the file (v3.1) again thinking that I might uploaded the wrong file then I tested those files according to your setup 100/week (two tennants) but I have not seen those errors. Maybe your problem is related to the one which was reported by Ricecakes in page#4 post#86. Pls try that to your tennant's house. Sorry if I couldnt help you, I need to see the problem first (for my test cases) before I could fix it.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I am not entirely sure how you move a tenant in after setting all this up. Does the intended tenant move into the lot from the nhood screen, set up his house, and then pick someone to be the landlord? Or can the landlord prepare the house and then pick the tenant?

Hi Inge, Tennant will pick the landlord by selling deed to him.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Does the tenancy agreement stay with the lot, so one tenant can move out and a new one move in and take over paying the rent? Or does the first tenant keep paying rent to the landlord no matter where he moves to later?

The tenancy agreement will stay with the lot even the first tenant moved out. So if the second tenant moved in he could not sell the house because someone owns it. The first tenant will no longer pay the rent because he is not already living there. The second tennant will pay the rent.

Test Subject
#115 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 7:27 PM
So, I presume it doesn't work without OFB, right?
Field Researcher
#116 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 7:35 PM
I've run into a problem with this. The original owner of one of the houses sold it to the tenant after she'd moved out to get married. She then started renting it out to another Sim and that agreement is working fine on a daily rental basis. However, since selling that lot, the original owner (who owns 5 lots altogether) can't charge rents daily anymore. However many times I set all the deeds to Daily and save the lot, they revert back to Weekly as soon as I exit.

Another oddity was that when another tenant bought her property, it was valued at $16,168 when I left her lot. However, when I went to the landlord's lot so he could sell it to her, the amount was $14,308. I wondered if it was deducting the rent already paid, but that was $2,800 so it can't have been that. When I returned to her lot, the value of the property was still showing as $16,168. Don't suppose she's bothered, she got a bargain, but I wondered why the difference? Does it disallow some things - decor, for instance?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
I've run into a problem with this. The original owner of one of the houses sold it to the tenant after she'd moved out to get married. She then started renting it out to another Sim and that agreement is working fine on a daily rental basis. However, since selling that lot, the original owner (who owns 5 lots altogether) can't charge rents daily anymore. However many times I set all the deeds to Daily and save the lot, they revert back to Weekly as soon as I exit.

Another oddity was that when another tenant bought her property, it was valued at $16,168 when I left her lot. However, when I went to the landlord's lot so he could sell it to her, the amount was $14,308. I wondered if it was deducting the rent already paid, but that was $2,800 so it can't have been that. When I returned to her lot, the value of the property was still showing as $16,168. Don't suppose she's bothered, she got a bargain, but I wondered why the difference? Does it disallow some things - decor, for instance?

Pls try page#4 post#86 on tennant's house.

Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 7:13 AM
This seems like the answer I've been looking for. I want to build a hotel for my sims open for business. Will this work or maybe you have another answer. ****Chocolatetwist
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:59 PM
I'm sure I'll understand it better once I try it, but this is so creative and cool that I must bow down now. I love this. I've been looking for alternative ways for my ghettolicious sims to make money other than the usual ways.

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Field Researcher
#120 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 26th Jul 2006 at 3:46 PM.
I've encountered something rather strange. I was editing some memories in SimPE and noticed that a dead dormie has 3 invisible memories of the Tenant_Landlord_Controller immediately after her "I Am Dead" token. They were in the order B, A, C. Also, the Gypsy Matchmaker has two of the controllers, two Uni professors have three and two Uni professor have five.

I have no idea why these people would have these invisible memories - is it safe to delete them?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
I've encountered something rather strange. I was editing some memories in SimPE and noticed that a dead dormie has 3 invisible memories of the Tenant_Landlord_Controller immediately after her "I Am Dead" token. They were in the order B, A, C. Also, the Gypsy Matchmaker has two of the controllers, two Uni professors have three and two Uni professor have five.

I have no idea why these people would have these invisible memories - is it safe to delete them?

Those are GUIDs (B,A and C) storage that I used to hold tokens. Since they are dead, yes it's okay to delete them.

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:21 AM
I LOVE IT!! But... Does the owner(landlord) buy the lot, maybe 60K for example, and then they sell it for 60K, and the person they sell it to(tenant) has to pay rent still, wouldn't they(tenant) own it? I may have gotten the concept wrong, but I'm a bit confused.
Test Subject
#123 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 9:53 PM
Default Triple speed
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but if I haven't been playing the house that has been rented out for a while, when I do go back to it the game goes to triple speed and whne I try to press the normal speed, the triple one overrides it. I have tried to delete house and then put back in, and that seemed to work but it's happening more often and it's a pain to keep doing that. How can I prevent this happening in the first place?
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 5:41 PM
GREAT JOB!! I have been wanting that for while.. Many-Many thanks! I was looking for my an apartment business where sims needs to pay the rent and the owner apts. You should go check my profiles and look for APTS 400-412.. Let me know if you like it.

Download it now. I ll let you know if I like it. Im sure!
Field Researcher
#125 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 9:31 AM
Great, very unique and creative, and fantasic idea! Great job!!!
Page 5 of 9