Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Period Hack

by Smonaff Posted 26th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM - Updated 14th Sep 2006 at 3:11 PM by Smonaff

609 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 583 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 25
Test Subject
#226 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 7:32 PM
omg! wicked idea! now Sims have to suffer aswell as us girls! i always wanted something like this for my simmies! :D

Im sophia =D

i [Heart] Fernando Torres [&&] Cristiano Ronaldo ...<3

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...t20Soccer20.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...colorbar013.jpg
Field Researcher
#227 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 7:59 PM Last edited by Pdrs : 1st Sep 2006 at 8:09 PM. Reason: new question
That's a weird hack. I have a question: What's the difference between a sim with the period and a sim without the period? What happens to the behaviors of the sims with period?
Instructor
Original Poster
#228 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdrs
That's a weird hack. I have a question: What's the difference between a sim with the period and a sim without the period? What happens to the behaviors of the sims with period?

Having a period causes a sim to occasionally get either cramps or munchies, this is determined randomly. Cramps will cause the comfort motive to decrease, munchies will cause her to go to the fridge to get a snack. Also she will need to change her tampon every 4 hours, if she doesn't then her hygiene will go down.
Test Subject
#229 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Peaceandlove1019 : 2nd Sep 2006 at 3:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Wow! I remember thinking one day 'the one thing that the sims needs is for the girls to have periods-then it would be heaps more realistic.' Thank you so much-this is awesome!
Test Subject
#230 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:09 AM
Wow
this is such a brilliant idea!
thanx!!
Test Subject
#231 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 2:03 PM
ah one of those realistic aspects of sim life maxis neglected because it may have pushed the game's rating to M. love it
Test Subject
#232 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:28 AM
How about "congratulate on first period" action from parents? Like when teens and kids get an A in school, their parents congratulate them? Or when a sim just "woohoo"ed and they get congratulated on the woohoo? That'd be awesome.

Superduper hack. I love it xD
Instructor
Original Poster
#233 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:48 AM
That's a great idea xDante, I'll put it in the next version I upload.
Field Researcher
#234 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Ŧoxication : 4th Sep 2006 at 3:32 PM.
Ugh I'm having mine right now. :/

Here's something else you should put in your next version:

-rejecting most social interactions from spouse/friends etc

-not being able to get pregnant or "try for baby" while the woman is on her period

sorry! I frogot to thank you, great job! I love this mod!

- oh one more thing- could you ppleasee fix like when you go downtown or invite a sim over for a party it says "bleh needs to change her tampon" like that? because I don't care! it's not my sim, I don't control them, I don't care!
Instructor
Original Poster
#235 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:33 AM
diamondglitter:
I've been thinking of adding a PMS feature to the next version. Your suggestion of rejecting social interactions sounds good and I'll add it as one of the PMS effects. Also in the next version there will be an option to turn messages off.

Not being able to get pregnant when having a period is a feature of another mod I will be uploading soon.
Field Researcher
#236 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 8:09 AM
That sounds good Great mod by the way.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 12:39 PM
Just downloaded, looks great

That second picture makes me laugh. She missed her period, that can only mean..... well she dont look all that bothered, happily painting =P
Test Subject
#238 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:44 PM
I love this hack. Its amazing! I definately downloaded it. Haven't tested it yet but when Im done browsing the downloads Im gonna try it out.

-I have a bird that whistles and I have birds that sing-
Av/ByMe
Test Subject
#239 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 7:49 PM
Excellent work, and big thumbs up for the continuing tweeks. I did find one conflict in my game, the nude potty hack would over ride changing the tampon (I shoulda got back to this thread before your last update). I just downloaded the latest and haven't tried it yet. For me anyway it was no biggie, just disabled the nude potty hack and things worked great. thanks for another fun way to torment my sims. <veg>
Test Subject
#240 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 11:43 PM
Default OMG! My mother lives!
I agree with a lot of comments that this looks like a thoroughly contemplated hack - probably one of the best analyzed that's been posted here. But I probably won't be downloading it.
It's just like being pregnant for three "days". You do appreciate the fact that one "day" in the life of a Sim equals one year... Let's see a period lasts for 8-16 "hours" and they have them how often?

HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH A WOMAN WHO IS GOING THROUGH "THE CHANGE"?
Test Subject
#241 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 3:47 AM
This is so great. Thanks a lot.

[ raisui no tsubomi sakaseyou ]
Test Subject
#242 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 4:49 PM
Wow thank you! Now my girl sims can have periods, yay! :D
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:52 PM
Hehehehe, this is great!!! Even though all my sims seem to do is eat and get fat =P, thanks for sharing this, its so cool
Instructor
#244 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 10:39 PM
This is a hack I didn't know I needed till I saw it. I can't wait to try this out in-game, it will really add alot of realism. I feel sorry for my sims now =P Poor gals have to have a period.
Field Researcher
#245 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 6:58 AM
Odd hack. xD I didn't see anything like it before..

I don't personally use tampons, I never have and I don't think I will.

Pads are fine-- panti liners work too

How do sims get tampons in? xD they HURT

Here's a suggestion Smonaff, hun. Make teens use pads and adults use tampons it'll make a great addition to the mod

So many people thanked you for this, wow! I might try it out
Instructor
Original Poster
#246 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 6:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Ŧoxication. In the next version I'll have an option that will let you set a sim's preference for pads or tampons.
Field Researcher
#247 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 11:20 PM
I can't wait for the next version! It'll be even better
Field Researcher
#248 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:12 PM
I have an idea. If it's set to pads disable all of the swimming/hot tub options
Lab Assistant
#249 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:18 PM
Interesting, very interesting. I will not be installing this, as I'm trying to keep my hacks to a minimum and Sims have a hard enough time as is without adding to it. But for those who want their game realistic, definitely a must. Thank you all the same!
Field Researcher
#250 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by diamondglitter
I have an idea. If it's set to pads disable all of the swimming/hot tub options

Great idea I'm especially glad someone else suggested adding pads into the equation since not everyone in real life can use tampons.

One thing I must mention about this, if it hasn't been already; I'm getting a little narked at the visitor aspect of this. If the visitor already has her period when she drops by, fine.. well, almost, but I'll get to that in a bit. But if she hasn't, can't you freeze it? Instead of her getting her period while she's there I mean.

The other thing about visitors is this - I find it frustrating when the visiting sim's too stupid to take notice of the autonomous toilet use (if indeed there is one for visitors); I've been nagged too many times to have a visitor change her tampon. I became glad in fact that I downloaded Dolphin's Control-This-Sim hack, cos that was the only way I could get the visitor to change her tampon in the end.

I do like the way this mod's going though
Page 10 of 25