Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Period Hack

by Smonaff Posted 26th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM - Updated 14th Sep 2006 at 3:11 PM by Smonaff

609 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 583 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 25
Instructor
Original Poster
#251 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 1:03 AM
Sadie79, in the next version you will be able to set whether they use pads or tampons on a sim by sim basis. Also there will be an option to turn off periods for visitors. You must be using an older version, because in one of the previous updates I included a feature that allows you to click on a sim and have her change her tampon even if she isn't selectable.
Instructor
Original Poster
#252 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by diamondglitter
I have an idea. If it's set to pads disable all of the swimming/hot tub options

I'll check into it and see if it's doable.
Test Subject
#253 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 11:20 AM
Is it possible to make this hack compatible with the nude potty hack?

Great work either way
Instructor
Original Poster
#254 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 3:16 PM
The next version will be compatible with the nude potty hack.
Test Subject
#255 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 7:34 AM
Sounds great, I have been reading about some of the other changes you are looking at incorporating. Do you have any idea when the next version will be released? I cant wait for it!
Field Researcher
#256 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
Sadie79, in the next version you will be able to set whether they use pads or tampons on a sim by sim basis. Also there will be an option to turn off periods for visitors. You must be using an older version, because in one of the previous updates I included a feature that allows you to click on a sim and have her change her tampon even if she isn't selectable.

Firstly, I've been without the net for over a month; I've only got dial-up back recently so I've not been able to check for updates.

Secondly, when I did check back here and noticed an update I was on it in a shot I checked through the thread for changes but didn't see that mentioned; I'll check it out next time a visitor has a period and see what happens

It was amusing seeing one of my sims complaining of cramps though, since a few days later she was complaining for a different reason...
Field Researcher
#257 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 10:13 AM
Actually I was thinking along with the new version things being added, maybe some things could be removed:

-Munchies: What is this? All my sims want to do is eat all day long. I never experienced anything like that before.. I think munchies is the cause of some disease

-Cramps: We get cramps, but not contractions. It's more of a silent thing, not a "omg I'm having a baby thing" so of course the comfort need will shoot down. I don't know about anyone else, but when I have my period I don't have contractions

--Anyway, I was thinking one more thing can be added. If they don't get their first period as a teen, they will defenitly as young adults. Maybe there'd be a chance that children could get their first? Anyway, I was thinking if teens are on their first they'd be:

Crying a lot for no reason

Laying around, not wanting to do a lot

Not wanting to socialize a lot at all, maybe rejecting social interactions

Also PMS seems like a great idea!! Any ways, it'd be great if you could do any of these suggestions!
Instructor
Original Poster
#258 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 8:02 PM
Sadie79:
Wow, a month without the net, I'd go crazy. The option to use pads or tampons will definitely be in the next update, I've tested it and it works great. I hope the update eliminates the problem you were having.

Ŧoxication
I did munchies and cramps on request and since the contractions animation for the cramps was also suggested I went ahead and used it, I agree it is a bit extreme, but I couldn't think of a better animation to use. In the next version the munchies and cramps effects will be optional. I've already started work on rejecting social interactions, the chance that a sim will reject a social interaction will be based on their personality and mood. Crying a alot for no reason sounds good, I'll see about adding it.
Field Researcher
#259 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:00 AM
Okay, you don't really need to use an animation for cramps though.. I mean, the people down the street don't want to hear it, I'm sure. Thanks for taking my suggestions into consideration. I'll be looking forward to the next version.
Test Subject
#260 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 5:55 PM
(first of all, sorry for my bad english. I'll try my best)

I think Foxication came with a lots of good ideas there!
That the teenager will cry for nothing, maybe the days before
they get their first period. And also that Y.A and children could
get their first period :D
Field Researcher
#261 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 5:29 AM
Thanks. It should vary for the type of sim. Suppose sim A gets it while they're a child and sim B doesn't get it until they're actually a young adult.
Field Researcher
#262 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:09 AM
I suppose I'm the only one who gets really bad, scream-inducing cramps like that.

I do think the addition of crying is good, as I do that, too.
Test Subject
#263 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 1:51 AM
I used it. It works! What an awesome idea.
Test Subject
#264 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:12 AM
Oo I so cant wait till your updated one comes becuase me personally loves this hack becuase its funny to watch my sims suffer. I think your all the ideas are good ideas! I check like every week to see if they have been updated! Fill me in if I miss it lol!
Field Researcher
#265 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 6:59 PM
Sadie79, maybe instead of eliminating visitors periods completely, do you like the idea that he could make them have their periods while they're there sometimes, but just not get a popup message?
Test Subject
#266 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 6:52 PM
okay, how do you get your sims to have the period like how to you qualify for it?
nothing popped up or anything i juts played the game nothing happened, if someone knows about how to fix it or whtas going on please private message me on here thankyou so much

gettin sims glamour life on thursday
Field Researcher
#267 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:07 AM
Another thing I was thinking is you could toggle PMS on/off and you have the choice to toggle at what age they get it
Instructor
Original Poster
#268 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:53 AM
The PMS feature will be an optional download, if someone choose to download it then their sims will experience the PMS effects, if they don't download it then their sim's will be PMS free. Also I think that I'm going to make it so that the severity level of the PMS can be set for each sim. The settings will be Off, Mild, Moderate and Extreme.
Test Subject
#269 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 8:30 PM
Ideas

OK so I had some ideas for your hack, even though I didn't download it.

1. Toggle at what age they get it.
2. If you don't change the tampon/pad, clothes get stained.
3. (same) for other fabrics
4. Have something more for the "_____ started her first period" thing. They don't react at all (from what I can gather).
5. Have Sims be able to stay home from school because of their period
6. There is no 6! LOL I just like even numbers!
Test Subject
#270 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 5:01 PM
I dont think it should be so much on/off things, it would be more funny if you could'nt choose that.. for example, WHEN they going to get their first period.
Field Researcher
#271 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Sadie79, maybe instead of eliminating visitors periods completely, do you like the idea that he could make them have their periods while they're there sometimes, but just not get a popup message?

I don't mind visitors getting their periods so long as they don't ignore the need to change to the point where I have to use a controlling hack - thankfully it's only happened once so far, but I'm keeping an eye out...

Quote:
The PMS feature will be an optional download, if someone choose to download it then their sims will experience the PMS effects, if they don't download it then their sim's will be PMS free. Also I think that I'm going to make it so that the severity level of the PMS can be set for each sim. The settings will be Off, Mild, Moderate and Extreme.

Great idea I may not get PMS, but I know others do, and it'll be fun experimenting with that I like the sound of being able to turn it off per sim too.

Quote:
I don't know about anyone else, but when I have my period I don't have contractions

We all experience contractions during our periods, it's how the lining gets shed (hence the cramps). Just not enough to yell (well, I don't anyway). What I don't like about that feature is how it interrupts the queue, and as for the munchies... even if there's food there she heads for the fridge!?

Maybe banish them to the PMS package, cos I think the whole thing's part and parcel
Test Subject
#272 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
I don't mind visitors getting their periods so long as they don't ignore the need to change to the point where I have to use a controlling hack - thankfully it's only happened once so far, but I'm keeping an eye out...

You don't have to use a controlling hack to get them to change tampon. You can just click on them go to period and to change tampon.
Anyways I like this hack makes it a bit more realistic. Good work.
Field Researcher
#273 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:43 PM
Oh that's good, haven't tried that yet, but I was talking about the problem I had with an older version
Test Subject
#274 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 7:20 PM
Im soo excited for the update!! When do you think it will come? (soon, I hope)
Field Researcher
#275 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cuteybearkel

OK so I had some ideas for your hack, even though I didn't download it.

1. Toggle at what age they get it.
2. If you don't change the tampon/pad, clothes get stained.
3. (same) for other fabrics
4. Have something more for the "_____ started her first period" thing. They don't react at all (from what I can gather).
5. Have Sims be able to stay home from school because of their period
6. There is no 6! LOL I just like even numbers!

1. good idea
2. that would include custom clothing, not a hack
4.. good idea
5. maybe for only their first

PMS and the no pool/water for pads thing sounds good, too
Page 11 of 25