Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No NPC Revert UPDATED 2006-05-08

by jaxad0127 Posted 14th Sep 2005 at 2:53 AM - Updated 22nd May 2006 at 8:07 PM by jaxad0127 : New package

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th May 2006 at 8:32 AM
OK, the report was delayed a day, but the news is finally good: this one works! Good work jaxad! Here, this one's one me

Let the Beast inside you free!
Field Researcher
#52 Old 16th May 2006 at 3:42 AM
I had the problem version as well, and my mail person, and newspaper did not come as well as fire and police. Also no drivers in the cars.

This version fixes all that. Thank goodness, spent hours trying to find the hack with the problem.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th May 2006 at 12:26 PM
LOL, I don't know what gives with your new avatar jaxad, but it looks hilarious! Just for the record, the hack still works flawlessly. Here, have another pint of good Irish stuff (read: Guinness):

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 7:05 AM
Hmm ... since this mod was created quite some time ago, is this global hack really needed for Sim PE's latest verison? Or did they self-correct the the original BHAV? I'm just wondering since I haven't been following updates. ^^;
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 4:23 AM
This prevents a behavior in the base game, and yes, it still exists in OfB, I've checked. The problem isn't with SimPE.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 2:43 PM
Just wondering, since I'm checking all the hacks I have before installing the second patch for OFB: is this hack good to go?

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 5:33 PM
Yes. It completely replaces a bhav from the base game, so its completely compatible with all eps.

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 3:21 PM
Thanx...I really appreciate modders who reply swiftly.
(Guinness is good for ya!)

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 3:04 AM
I don't own OFB, therefore my question is, does NL need this? ^^;

Or simply all games?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:55 AM
Yes. It is in all eps. Where'd you get OfB from?

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 5:43 AM
Hi, I downloaded this but I have not yet created the unique townies in my newest neighborhood (I always delete the townies so I don't have umpteen Meadow Thayers). Should I not install it until I have done that, i.e. will it prevent me from generating them using the cheat command?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 5:57 AM
This won't affect townies, just NPCs.

Field Researcher
#63 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 11:12 PM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 23rd Sep 2006 at 4:23 AM.
Awesome work Jaxad127, thanks I'm going to try it out. ^^

Update: I tried changing 3 of the teens who deliver newspapers. 2 stayed altered with new yellow clothing and the 3rd one reverted, probably my own goof-up :D:D:D:D
Scholar
#64 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:05 AM
i know this is an old thread---but im having a problem

i downloaded this hack to make my french maid look more "french" with an OFB haircut---but i dont know where the files gose. i put it in downloads but is that wear it goes? i THINK i also might have jWOODS's one but i dont think i "downloaded" it right-----i dunno/. her icone has the OFB hair but she dosnt---i change her appearance with boolprop and the mirror and dosnt do anything
wear dose the file go?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:09 PM
the file goes in your downloads folder. or you could put it in a sub-folder within your downloads folder if you wanted. it's always a good idea to keep your hacks in their own folder so you can keep track of them.

has anyone tested this with the Pets EP yet ?

if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:32 PM
it seems to be working just fine with Pets, if anyone else was wondering... i haven't had any problems with it so far.

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 10:54 AM
also seems to be working just fine in seasons...

Test Subject
#68 Old 1st May 2007 at 8:08 AM
Thanks katgyrl was just wondering about that
Test Subject
#69 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 12:30 AM
I have pets and no revert npc doesn't seem to let me change their clothing when I replace them in simpe. I'll redownload in case I accidentally switched my no revert npc hack with the old version. Anyone else having this problem? Or is it simpe?-I have the latest version for pets.

I love modthesims2!!!!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:57 PM Last edited by deathBYflies : 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:40 AM.
I have Uni/NL/OFB/PETS running on a Mac. I find this hack works perfectly for both NPCs and Townies.
The only exception is if I try using christanlov's Custom Skintone Changer with Inteen installed... all sims revert to their original skintones. Obviously, this is a compatibility issue between Inteen and the christianlov object, not your wonderful No NPC Revert hack.
So, it's bye bye to Inteen... as I would prefer to have my busty maid and pale freckled postman than teens who get pregnant at the drop of a hat. It was a close run thing though!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 9:46 PM
has anyone tried this in bon voyage?

Scholar
#72 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 10:12 PM Last edited by sim~obsessor : 3rd Jan 2008 at 10:43 PM.
i have BV and im about ot downalod this but i dunno if i should will it work? ill try it now and report back to yall later! :P

EDIT:
ok it works! i have all EP's and the h&m stuff pack and this mod works great! i nice blue buissness suit a bun hair due and mad cap accessory and shes ready to go!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i...c1_b48945fd.jpg
Test Subject
#73 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:30 PM
This hack works great with most NPCs. I just wanted to report some (minor) problems caused by this hack, e.g. that some NPCs in new neighborhoods wear formal clothes when appearing (initializing) first in the game: the flasher at the university (? I am German, so I do not really know if this is the right name. I am speaking of the guy/gal running around nekkid ) and the genie from Freetime Fun.
I guess, the firedancer and the regional chiefs from Bon Voyage are also affected by this hack resulting them wearing wrong regional clothes, but I am not quite certain.

Is there a chance that this wonderful hack will be updated?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 6th May 2008 at 11:58 PM Last edited by katgyrl : 8th Jun 2008 at 7:03 PM.
it doesn't work in bon voyage or freetime for me. if i change my NPC's clothing they always revert back to the maxis defaults next time i load my game. i sorely wish someone would take this hack over and update it.

nevermind! i believe it's a problem with my game and not the hack. it's working fine now for me in BV since i uninstalled FT. my game is pretty messed up right now, overall, ugh.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 9:06 PM Last edited by BillySIMS139 : 20th Jun 2008 at 10:47 PM.
Default Works with FreeTime!
Anyone use this with FreeTime? I have all EPS except BV. I plan on trying it with Christianlov's clothing rack and see if it changes the NPCs' uniforms.

I've been using this with Christianlov's Clothing Rack so NPCs do not revert to uniforms. I have all EPs except BV. It has been working!

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Page 3 of 4