Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ikea Bookcases Emptied with 21 Slots

by leefish Posted 29th Dec 2009 at 11:50 PM - Updated 15th Nov 2015 at 2:48 PM by leefish : upload updated files

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:42 PM
Lee, have I told you lately that I love you?

(I totally do.)

All this because of a silly suggestion! I should be ashamed, making you go to all this effort... but I know you enjoy it really =P

Find me on tumblr as sealkitten

'It Takes A Village' contest - now accepting applications!
Scholar
#27 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:50 PM
Terrific job! Thanks!
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:09 PM
You have suddenly caused me to start playing TS2 again.

Thank you :3

wat.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:16 PM
aww, now if I just had ikea stuff. This is so brilliant!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Instructor
#30 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:51 PM
If I had the Ikea SP I'd download those bookshelves but I'll happily take the deco books. My game always needs more clutter especially of the book variety. :D

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 2:20 PM Last edited by leesester : 4th Jan 2010 at 6:09 PM.
Er wow and thanks for the thanks and comments. I thought that as these were sims2 I would upload them and they would live in a dark little corner of the site doomed to oblivion.

I will do a repo emptied version of a base game bookcase too as there appears to be call for it

EDIT - see below - joninmobile has volunteered! Yay Jon!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 3:48 PM
Amazing...thank you.

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
Banned
#33 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 12:38 AM
Oh I love it Lee, I began playing ts2 again just to have this thanks so much! I may make this for the other bookshelves if I can learn how to do it.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 12:55 AM Last edited by leesester : 17th Jan 2010 at 7:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Oh I love it Lee, I began playing ts2 again just to have this thanks so much! I may make this for the other bookshelves if I can learn how to do it.

That's an awesome idea Jon. These base game book cases really are base - the only reason you need IKEA is because they are repository technique colours linked to an SP item. If you put them in a base only game they would flash blue - but not crash.

You are WELCOME to clone these and use them as a base. (Thats applicable to everyone who wants to make them). This is what you do:

Clone the bookcase (the one in this file)
Get a mesh, and swop it in
(If you empty a maxis item you may have to remap a little - they were lazy and painted the shadows on the bookcase)
Apply repository colours (or add in your own texture files - you will have to edit the object quite a bit though)
Open the mesh in your editor (I use milkshape) and carefully line up the mouse pointer on a shelf.
That will give you the xyz coordinate
Go into the bookcase clone, edit the slot file and CHANGE the Z coordinate to match your shelf heights.
Save, test in game.
Upload to MTS. (link to this post not necessary).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#35 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 1:38 AM
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 2:05 AM
That's a cool set indeed. Glad I'd already posted mine in my journal or people would be thinking I'd pinched em.....We want more MaxisMatch - Go OOOON Jon!!

Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 2:32 AM
It's a great set and more reminiscent of the real range (at least I think they offered a half-high one at one stage). I have always wanted a half-high bookcase after the convenience of the ones in The Sims (One).
Scholar
#38 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 9:23 AM
Wonderful Ikea additions. Thank you so much for this set!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Scholar
#39 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:32 AM
Amazing! :lovestruc And superbly executed, too! Thank you so much, Lee!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#40 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 2:59 PM
Oh Wow! And I just got IKEA SP for Christmas - Such good timing!

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Forum Resident
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:30 AM
Nifty idea! They are so much more useful now, thanks
Helptato
#42 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:46 PM
Why do you rock so much? <3
*hands Lee a plate of cookies*

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Field Researcher
#43 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:30 AM
What a wonderful and very useful idea! Thank you so much :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 3:17 PM
Brilliant! I love the screenshot most of all ... now to make a residential bookstore in-game. :D
Wiki Wizard
#45 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:34 AM
This is such a brilliant idea Lee!! i didn't see these before because i rarely check sims 2 downoads, but this looks a million times better than the normal ones, you can actual make something realistic now!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#46 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 4:03 PM
Awesome. Thank you

^_^
Instructor
#47 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:11 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Test Subject
#48 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:45 AM
Thanks-Button does not work, so on this way: Thank you
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 9:48 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!! OMG, i can't actually believe I've finally found something like this... you're a star!!!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 12:24 AM
Fabulous!

Thank you.
Page 2 of 4