Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#276 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:13 AM
Seems like a lot is going around at the moment. All my friends incl me has had a bug this past week. Sucks and we have all been anti-social buggers Feel like sleeping all the time

So deadline is about ~ 9 pm tomorrow then? (just making sure)

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:35 AM
Oh man, I was just about to give my official resignation to the contest before seeing the 24 hour extension. THANK YOU SO MUCH HP!!!!! It really means a lot.

(My home is done, furnished and all, I just need to put the post together (pictures and such), so the extension really does help)

Whew*

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Simlicious : 5th Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM. Reason: changed exterior shots
The house of Aiza, the Icequeen

Aiza once was just a normal girl, but one day - it was a cold, harsh winter's day - she got lost in a snow storm. The Grim Reaper found her almost frozen to death. She was very beautiful with her pale light blue skin. The Grim Reaper sighed, he did not like to steal away the spirits of young ones. He decided that he would not take her with him that day. But his resurrection spell somehow failed him (he hadn't used it very much lately, it really was only to be used in emergencies). The effect of the spell was curious: The light blue skin did not change back to Aiza's original rosy skintone. Instead, it grew even paler. Her hair changed into a light bluish purple shade and her eyes turned purple. She could not remember anything that happened; she didn't even remember where she lived, but she didn't really care. Everything about her was cold now, and anything she touched she could turn into ice. She had an aura of coldness around her that made everyone nearby shiver. She now liked to have cold things around her.
Wherever she would go, people would fear her and dislike her. So finally, she went into a swampland, where it was so uncanny that no one really dared to venture into it. There, she built a house of ice. And if she had to go into the city and anyone mocked her or treated anyone badly, she would take that person into her house and him or her into ice. She now has the most curious collection of ice statues one can imagine...

But let's take a look at her house!

NO custom content was used

The front of the house - during the night, the lights create stunning effects that emanate a muted glow through the fog...

the roof

the first floor

there is not really a second floor, but the walls are twice as high as usual in Aiza's home:

Aiza loves the way that ice shimmers when hit by different colored lights... she used lights everywhere to create special effects and moods!

the bathroom:

the bedroom:

the kitchen:

the living room/hall where she presents her ice sculptures. In the middle, she has a little frozen artificial pond that she accentuated with lights:

Top Secret Researcher
#279 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:24 AM
Wow Simlicious. Amazing. Those human sculptures spread around really really reminds me of the frozen (and the sculptured) splicers in Bioshock :lovestruc

Have never played the sculpture profession before, does it melt in the end?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#280 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:58 AM Last edited by NgaX : 5th Aug 2010 at 5:09 AM.
Default The Buckley Estate
Built under the supervision of Edith Buckley, who is apparently lost in time and style, this unique home was made to look like no other. Without any specific theme of its own, the Buckley house has its blend of Spanish colonial influence, French charm, and relaxing Zen. Buckley, herself, is a peculiar woman who enjoys dressing in old Victorian attire, although in actuality she is a modern woman. Many things pique her interests, especially florals. Buckley requested a front yard garden to be constructed rather than a backyard garden so that her plants could bask in the sunlight and her neighbors could take sweet flowery whiffs of pleasure passing by her home. Nothing more can be said about this home, so take a look for yourself:

Street View

Floor Plan

Garden (Extra #1)

Zen Room (Extra #2)
(Second Story View)

Living Room

Kitchen

Dining Room

Bedroom

Closet (Extra #3)

Bathroom

No CC
Lot Expenses
Furnished: $123,191
Unfurnished: $80,339

Notes:
I couldn't get a picture of the backyard because there was some weird glitch with the ceiling. Part of it was hanging in mid-air; I restarted the game and it was still there... I think the house was very big and I wish I could have added more pictures... but I think I'm probably at the max. haha Working on this home was fun and frustrating! And I didn't mean to finish so close to the deadline (seems pretty irresponsible), but I've been busy for the past weeks getting ready for school and sports. I feel bad that I missed Round 2; embarrassingly enough, I got messed up with the time zones. haha BUT now I know better! And well, good luck to all! Everyone has done a great job during Round 2 and 3; all have stepped up his or her game... I felt a little discouraged but pumped at the same time! :D
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#281 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:06 AM
You actually have 3 extra pictures. Not including the double on the transition picture. Which I don't think we can use.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#282 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:43 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 5th Aug 2010 at 7:05 AM. Reason: Add forgotten pictures
Default DragonKin Arts and Sciences Foundation
DragonKin Arts and Sciences Foundation

This facility was established in 2010 by the DragonKin Family to provide a place to study the Arts and Sciences.

The modern design of this building was created by Winterhart, head of the DragonKin Family.

Seen here is a view of the front of this modern marvel.

The small property has it's own fishing and swimming hole.

As you pass the laundry room, straight ahead of you is a sunken fire pit.

To your right you will see 4 Pedestrian Sculpting Stations.

To the left are 2 Scraptronic Workbenches.

At the back there are 2 private chess rooms.

Beyond the chess rooms is the swimming and fishing hole. The fishing hole is well stocked with local fish.

On the 2nd floor are Drafting Tables, Easels, and the Computer Sciences Lab.

The 3rd floor has a large Living Room with a bathroom centrally located creating the effect of 3 smaller living rooms for more intimate gatherings.

The Kitchen with 2 stoves and counter seating to accommodate 5 people.

Off the back of the kitchen there is a small bathroom. There is another small bathroom across the courtyard.

The large Dinning room with seating for 12.

The 4th floor contains housing for resident artists and scientists.

There are 8 small bedrooms and 3 shared bathrooms.

The head of the Foundation has a slightly larger bedroom with a private bath.

On the roof you will find Telescopes for the study of Astronomy, Chess Tables to help improve logic skills, and benches for quiet reflection.

Kitchen

Living Room

Bathroom

Here is a spectacular view of the back of DragonKin Arts and Sciences Foundation.

12 Catfish Flats Drive

Unfurnished $78,660
Furnished $142,770

Custom Content Used

Glass Walls and Doors by hazuitokage found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=377850

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#283 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:42 AM Last edited by porkypine : 5th Aug 2010 at 7:55 AM.
Default Dreaming of Ginkaku-Ji
Dreaming of Ginkaku-Ji

After viewing the many beautiful gardens in Japan, The images are in my dreams and now in Twinbrook.

I used CC for the BIG windows, the Shoji walls, the tatami floors and a few of bonsai in the inner atrium garden. I had to take the CC hit because store downloads are borked and I can't load my Zen Again set. I am glad some artists made these items to lend authenticity to my lot even if I have to take a 10 CC hit. I'm in it for the fun anyway, not to win, even though that would bwe nice. :0) (HINT ). So I have to get to bed - it's 12:30 am cuz I gotta get up at six so I'm not posting pretty text this time. I've run out of time and may not get to my computer in time to fix up anything. Sorry,. here you go. Enjoy.

Front:

Front Doorway:

Living-dining room:

Dining room with interior windows revealing inner atrium:

Bedroom:

Kitchen:

waterfall into Koi pond - viewable from the living room:

Inner Atrium:

Floorplan: (What the heck is that dark object in the back of the house off the smaller bedroom? (I forgot to delete an unused shower. It's gone from the lot but still in the picture.)

roof:

I know the roof isn't perfect. i just ran out of time to do it right. IF I upload this lot, I will fix those errors. GOODNIGHT!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#284 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Porkypine: You did see that HP added 24 hours onto the deadline?

only at midnight. :0) I can't take advantage of it because I have to work. :P
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#285 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:05 AM
Round 4 Foundation is up!

Get it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=415278

Also check out the awesome prize that cmomoney has created for this contest!

You still have time to finish your R3 entries!

R3 has been extended by 24 hours and the countdown on the first page updated. Finish up ASAP - or if you're done, get started on R4!
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:46 AM
@Kaospilot: thanks Ice sculptures will usually melt, but if you have created 25 ice sculptures, then they won't melt anymore (I made sure I did that before turning everything into ice. You can turn almost everything into ice with the debugging cheats btw.
Typical
#287 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:03 AM
HP - I have a question I hope you don't mind me asking.
Even though I've asked to pull out the contest... can I still enter R4 and get scored and stuff? It's just that I expected to be busier for longer, but what I was doing sort've flew out the window. :\
Anyways, I hope I can ask that here.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#288 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:08 AM
lewjen - Yes, you can. Makes it unlikely that you'd win, but you can still participate even if you can't do one round. The only required round is R1 - all the others are technically optional.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Typical
#289 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:08 AM
That's awesome. And yeah, I think after my R1 and R2 scores, I could hardly have expected to win anyway.
Thanks for... the very qucik answer.
Space Pony
#290 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 1:13 PM
Simlicious: LOVE your house. I think you should upload it so I can have it :D
Inventor
#291 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 1:15 PM
Love the ice house Simlicious.

And BGatot your house is lovely as well love the exterior

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Mad Poster
#292 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:53 PM
Still working on my entry! Shouldn't be too much longer now.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#293 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:35 PM

4BR, 3BA, Open Livingroom/Dining Area, Seperate Kitchen, Washing room, Office, Big garden, Gazebo, Outside Dining - No CC used

This modern piece in the middle of the bayou is well hidden and offers plenty of privacy. It is being sold fully fitted with all furniture.

The name comes from the tree that is growing in the middle of the property, the Banyan tree. Previously housing a private detective, the house has an office that was used for meeting with clients. Kitchen is small but practical and has it's own washing room next to it where laundry is also available. There is one double bedroom with a private bathroom and three singles ones, one currently set up for a toddler. The three bathrooms in the house are all fitted with toilets, showers and sinks.

The lush garden offers relaxation and the ponds have fish in them so anglers can enjoy themselves just outside their door! It has a small outside dining area with view of the bayou and a small area known as The Hole that can be used for thinking or relaxing. The spy gazebo is very closed in so that no one can peek in or notice your work and/or stalking.

Currently the price is set at §108,800

Cheers!

(After multiple issues with my game I spent so much time on the outside that I had to rush the inside. Glad this round is over )

Inventor
#294 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:41 PM
I LOVE it I knew you'd do just fine lol

Field Researcher
#295 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:54 PM
Wait, I have to enter R1 to even join in on this...?

:/
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:55 PM
Awesome house, Kaospilot!
Inventor
#297 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weeaboo
Wait, I have to enter R1 to even join in on this...?

:/

As far as the contest goes yes you would have had to have entered in the first round but you can always build a house on this foundation and post the pics in the Foundations chat thread, others have been doing so

Lab Assistant
#298 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:20 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments, I was a little sad after my last round, it did not really go well for me and I wanted to do something more special this round.
I can upload the house after the contest has finished, though I need to make some minor changes because some objects are not usable (some objects are actually two put into each other. I put an icy object over a normal one to create a frozen look, and these can't be used).

I also updated the exterior of my house, it looked kinda boring from the outside compared to the interior... view it here

@Kaospilot: I absolutely love your house! It's my personal favorite from this round, great job!
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:23 PM
Good job updating the exterior, Simlicious. I thought it was a bit plain initially, but now with those colored lights, they look awesome! Perfect match with the cool (literally!) interior.

Awesome, Kaospilot! Would be a perfect home for my PI sim! Which just happens to live in Twinbrook BTW.
Forum Resident
#300 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:37 PM
Default Foundation #4 question
Since the deadline has been extended for 24 hours for Foundation 3, will we have a full week to work on Foundation 4, so the deadline would be next Friday instead of Thursday? If not, could Foundation 4 be posted now so those of us who met the deadline can get started?

Thank you for your time HP and I hope you are feeling better. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!

Page 12 of 13