Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 12:21 AM
Default Quick Question about the Digital version of TS3
I'm installing TS3 on a PC I have set up for TS2, so I can have a have a place to play The Sims, until I get a new graphics card for this PC I'm on and even beyond that. I'm installing the digital, so I don't have get out all the discs for base game and every EP and SP. I know I will have login to Origin every time I want to play, but I have gotten use to doing that ever since the 1.69 patch was released years ago. My question is this: Does the digital come patched with 1.67 or 1.69, or will I need to install it?

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 2:07 AM
I asked this during/after the digital installing, so the digital is what's installed. If I were to uninstall it and do a reinstall one of this ways:
A. Install base game from disc, patch to 1.67 and everything else the digital way.
or
B. Install base game from disc, patch to 1.67, everything before Into The Future disc and Into The Future digital,
would this still require 1.69 patch?

Also, I have forgotten, what does the 1.69 patch do anyway?

Instructor
#5 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 6:28 AM
With 1.67 install you can play offline also, can't do that with 1.69. It should auto update with 1.69. I can't wait to get my disc's so I can get off of 1.69, I definitely crash more than on 1.67.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 8:02 PM
Digital download comes with the 1.69 patch pre-installed. Once you download the base game through Origin, it is automatically 1.69 and that's the version you'll be on. 1.69 is also required to download any packs from Origin.

If you install the base game from disk, and patch it to 1.67, you can install all packs (from disk) and stay on 1.67. There are two outcomes, though. If your base game disk was manufactured in 2009, you will be completely Origin free. Get Nraas No CD mod and you won't even need the disk. If your base game disk was manufactured in 2012, you may still be able to install and patch to 1.67, but it will keep bothering you to update to 1.69 every time you launch the game. 2012 disk installs using Origin, so you will still need to be logged in to play.

In any case, if you want to download anything Sims 3 related from Origin (base game or packs), it will always be 1.69.

As for what 1.69 does, it ties the game to Origin so you have to log in, it lets you disable packs in the Launcher, and includes the Store content patch by default since the Launcher cannot download it anymore. I've noticed that packs take up less space too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 4:38 AM
Thanks for the replies, and letting me know that you can't mix anymore without avoiding the 1.69 patch. When I do make copy of the folder in my documents where all the custom content, etc. is, it will contain the no CD mod as that's what I use on this PC.