Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 11:48 AM Last edited by Softlism : 13th Sep 2022 at 9:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dining booth chairs act weird in Residential lot - why does the edge chair not allow Sims to sit on?
I use a cornered Maxis dining booth chair in a Residential lot, but it leads to Sims complaining about blockages. Also, why is it not possible to let a Sim sit on the edge chair of a dining booth set? Does there exist a fix mod for that?

EDIT: this issue also happens without the table

EDIT 2: Sims can sit again on the chair if I keep the table clear from clutter, no matter if I use shiftable mod and walk-through OMSP or pick one of the table slots

On the edge, it's only possible to snooze on that chair, while the middle one allows the Sim to sit on.

No actions possible for the Child because they don't have the Snooze interaction
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 11:29 PM
It's the curtain strangely enough and there is a fix called shift curtain http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg541955 last post on this MATY thread and if you want to see more details you will find this old post by me asking about this many years ago! https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5621 unsure if the post will show up properly. 2014 :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 8:44 AM
@joandsarah77 I already have shiftable mods including Lamare's shift mod, and the issue still persisted when I moved away the curtain. I found out the shifted deco or anything put on the table were the culprits, so I suspect the dining booth chairs are more sensitive to object blockages than regular chairs.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 6:04 PM
I have never been able to get a dinette to work in a residence under any circumstances.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@joandsarah77 I already have shiftable mods including Lamare's shift mod, and the issue still persisted when I moved away the curtain. I found out the shifted deco or anything put on the table were the culprits, so I suspect the dining booth chairs are more sensitive to object blockages than regular chairs.

I know its called shift curtain but it isn't a mod to physically shift the curtain in the way Lamare's mod does, you don't move the curtain at all but they do need to be rebought. The booth seats are not included in the list of objects that can intersect with sims and curtains, it just helps the sim navigate past the curtain.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I have never been able to get a dinette to work in a residence under any circumstances.

This. Dining booths do not work the same on residential lots. At best sims will be able to use the outside seats, where one or two sims can sit. But the routing doesn't work the same on a residential lot and sims can't sit in the middle if someone else is "in the way" or, in other words, on the end. Unlike on community lots, they just can't get there.

I've never been able to do a complete booth on a residential lot--I've been able to do two booth seats on one side and regular dining chairs on the other, but as soon as I add that corner, routing gets messed up. And, a bit like the OP said, I don't have anything in the way--curtains, cc, nothing.

Jo, if you can get booths to work on residential lots, I believe you've got a mod that affects that, or that curtain mod does more than we think.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 9:36 AM
@Phantomknight If I place two standalone booth chairs without any object in the way (including floating shifted deco), then they can normally sit. If I "click" the two chairs together, it also works without any obstacles. But indeed, with a corner things get complicated.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Jo, if you can get booths to work on residential lots, I believe you've got a mod that affects that, or that curtain mod does more than we think.

It does more than you think. While it did add shiftability it also added the option for sims/objects to intersect with it. Meaning they can coexist on the same tile.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I know its called shift curtain but it isn't a mod to physically shift the curtain in the way Lamare's mod does, you don't move the curtain at all but they do need to be rebought. The booth seats are not included in the list of objects that can intersect with sims and curtains, it just helps the sim navigate past the curtain.

@joandsarah77 I have both the shiftable curtain mod and Lamare's shift override mod.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#10 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 1:26 PM
I don't think I have any other mod, but on a residential lot my sims use the booth with no issue, without the mod by lee. They scoot in and out on their own. But when one inside wants to get out, they do this fancy jump out. If I have the mod, sims just will stand up and stand in the table.

Notice that one corner missing a curtain? I can only place one there if the mod is in. I do have the sharedisabooth global by Inge, which shouldn't affect this, but maybe it is?
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 2:36 PM
@HugeLunatic have you also tried it with a regular dining table and a short L-shaped setting like here on this screenshot?
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#12 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 4:35 PM
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 4:58 PM
@HugeLunatic Today I've downloaded to mod for further testing.

After clearing up space (it was blocked by chairs in a cramped room), Sims got the Sit option again. However, if I want to let a Sim sit on the other side of the booth, they don't scoot via the corner but walk around around instead, so the corner chair is not functional at all. A normal chair next to a booth chair causes blockage despite trying again with a walk through OMSP (see attached pics). I yet have to check which deco keeps the chairs functional, but floating deco (using Lamare's shift mod) does block the chairs. Though I have to test again with all the deco placed on walk-through OMSPs instead.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 6:17 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Sep 2022 at 6:33 PM.
Floating deco items counts as blocking a tile. You'll probably want to use one of the OMSPs that makes sims ignore them (not sure if those are shiftable, they might be with Lamare's mod).

Also try with nothing decorative on or around the table.
Just for the sake of testing, have you tried with the diner/cafe tables?

I know you can do some edits to deco items that make sims ignore/walk through them, although that's not something I've properly learned yet (if anyone has a quick tutorial on the BHAVs for this, I'd love to be pointed towards a tutorial, just for future reference and less OMSP use )

The residential VS community lot seems to be the most likely issue - found a post from back in 2008-ish where they had no issues on community lots, but couldn't get the booths to work properly on residential lots.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Softlism : 15th Sep 2022 at 7:22 PM.
@simmer22 I will try using walk through OMSPs, which are also shiftable. EDIT: nope the chairs still get blocked even with deco on walk-through OMSPs... so I have to keep the table completely free of deco (for reference, I use Mutske's 2x1 LACK table for this case)

What still bothers me is that Sims do not scoop via the corner chair to the other side of the booth chair and walk around the table instead, but I don't know if they do scoop through the corner in Community Lots.

Yes I'd love to learn as well how to easily make deco objects walk through just like carpets
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#16 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:21 PM
Enable anything to be able to be walked through: https://hugelunatic.com/object-sim-intersection/

I found the smaller walk through block wouldn't allow a sim to pass thru, or if I moved the walk thru block to cover any part of the booth.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:23 PM
^ Thanks, that one will come in handy
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 8:56 PM
@HugeLunatic thanks for your link! Now the biggest pet peeve that remains is that Sims do not scoop through the corner. How does that work for you?
Alchemist
#19 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I don't think I have any other mod, but on a residential lot my sims use the booth with no issue, without the mod by lee. They scoot in and out on their own. But when one inside wants to get out, they do this fancy jump out. If I have the mod, sims just will stand up and stand in the table.

Notice that one corner missing a curtain? I can only place one there if the mod is in. I do have the sharedisabooth global by Inge, which shouldn't affect this, but maybe it is?

I don't get that behavior on residential lots. Basically, what Softlism is describing sounds like what happens in my game. On a residential lot, sims can sit on the outside corners of a booth but don't usually route to the middle. And if a third sim comes along, that sims stomps and complains that they can't sit. They don't jump to the middle like they would on a community lot. And if I ever do manage to get sims to sit in the middle, they can't get out, like they would on community lots. For whatever reason, they don't do that fancy jump on residential lots.

I think I have Inge's sharedisabooth, but I have to double check--is it different from the one that makes sectionals act normal?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 2:26 PM
@Phantomknight I have the set of two mods by Inge Jones. The third Sim with a plate in their hand complains, but they eventually jump to the middle, but don't put the plate on the table and eat as if they don't have a table.

However, the cornered seat never gets utilized for scooting.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 3:58 PM
So I downloaded the curtain shifting mod and the booth global, but when I added them it turned out I already had them. So I opened up a Riverblossom Hills I have on hand just to noodle around and occasionally test something in, made over a house so that it had a breakfast nook with a single-square table surrounded by booth, moved in the Goodies, and told them to sit in it, making sure that I clicked the center seat when I directed Herbert. Faith sat down with no problem, then Herbert got in on the other side and scooted into the middle. I put a curtain on the window behind him and he was able to get out. So either a third mod that I downloaded since adding those two is necessary for this to work, or (and this seems more likely) I haven't attempted to make a breakfast nook in a residence since adding them. I forgot to test with something on the table, though.

There seem to be a lot of different ways for this to work and also to malfunction. But that's par for the course.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#22 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I think I have Inge's sharedisabooth, but I have to double check--is it different from the one that makes sectionals act normal?

There are two different mods. SharedIsABoothGlobal and ShareIisASectionalGlobal. First is for dining booths and second is living sectionals. They are needed if you have cc sectionals or booths, but I have no idea if they affect maxis ones. I didn't think so? But my booth corners work with no issue on a residential lot. I don't have a lot of mods, but this could be a fix hiding in there somewhere I suppose. Or you have a mod that breaks it. Who know with this game. lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 7:48 PM
@HugeLunatic can you also check if your Sims are able to scoop through the corner seat?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#24 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
HugeLunatic can you also check if your Sims are able to scoop through the corner seat?

They do. Only time I have issue is if I use omsp and intersect with the booth.