Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biting neck satisfies hunger need ( Vampires) UPDATE 02/27/08

by [Black_Spirit] Posted 28th Mar 2007 at 5:01 PM - Updated 30th Jul 2008 at 8:22 PM by [Black_Spirit]

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 3:51 AM
Is there any way of getting this compatible with shaklins mod? I love the idea of having the hunger need satisfied by biting other sims (since when do vamps eat sandwiches?), but I also love the ability to bite someone with the option to not turn them into a vampire but simply to 'feed', which is more "real" to me, having grown up in the vampire world of Anne Rice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:10 AM
I unfortunetaly can't get it compatible with shaklins mod, but I can still create a version which allow to you not turn your victim into a vampire ( It would be the shalkins mod, but light lol )
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 4:49 AM
Hi, I would love this two. I have been looking to make a replica of bloodlines in my sim game since nightlife was realeased. I need to mod some of the basic functions of vampire.

Like being able to bite to feed and biting to turn into a vampire.
Also I would like a vampire to get sick if it eats food.

I would love to do these mods myself if you would be kind enough to give some basic direction or point me to a thread. I have been trying to search this site and I can't find anything.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cloudedmind
Hi, I would love this two. I have been looking to make a replica of bloodlines in my sim game since nightlife was realeased. I need to mod some of the basic functions of vampire.

Like being able to bite to feed and biting to turn into a vampire.
Also I would like a vampire to get sick if it eats food.

I would love to do these mods myself if you would be kind enough to give some basic direction or point me to a thread. I have been trying to search this site and I can't find anything.

I like this idea. What would make it even better would be if biting to feed killed the victim. I'm just getting into modding myself, so if it's just a case of simple adjustments I'd like to know how too

Great mod BTW... I would say it's a shame it doesn't work with Shaklin's mod but yours does make better sense.

EDIT: Does anyone know Shaklin's policy on editing her mods? Might be easiest to add hunger increase to that...

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 3:22 PM
thnx dude!!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th May 2007 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Kissamies : 8th May 2007 at 2:28 AM.
Yeah, this is bit closer to how I think vampires should work so I naturally like this mod. I think I'm in the mood of boring you all by telling how I think vampires should work...

Vampires should have Thirst need instead of Hunger and they could only satisfy it by drinking blood. They could also eat normal food, but it wouldn't do anything for them... or maybe it could have a chance of nauseating them. ("I never drink... wine.")

When they bite someone it doesn't automatically transform them. Instead there's a pretty low random chance (15% perhaps) of it happening. This chance can be influenced by carrying certain types of amulets. If the victim isn't transformed, the bite makes her needs go down in proportion of vampire's Thirst need going up. This might kill the victim if she started with low needs to begin with, but it's not automatic.

In short, I'd like vampires that need blood to survive, but wouldn't transform or kill people all the time. I find "vampire epidemics" a little annoying.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th May 2007 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kissamies
Yeah, this is bit closer to how I think vampires should work so I naturally like this mod. I think I'm in the mood of boring you all by telling how I think vampires should work...

Vampires should have Thirst need instead of Hunger and they could only satisfy it by drinking blood. They could also eat normal food, but it wouldn't do anything for them... or maybe it could have a chance of nauseating them. ("I never drink... wine.")

When they bite someone it doesn't automatically transform them. Instead there's a pretty low random chance (15% perhaps) of it happening. This chance can be influenced by carrying certain types of amulets. If the victim isn't transformed, the bite makes her needs go down in proportion of vampire's Thirst need going up. This might kill the victim if she started with low needs to begin with, but it's not automatic.

In short, I'd like vampires that need blood to survive, but wouldn't transform or kill people all the time. I find "vampire epidemics" a little annoying.

Me too Anyway this is a very nice mod. Thanks Black Spirit.

Isn't that a girl's name?
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th May 2007 at 4:00 AM
Like others I would be intrested in this one when you can feed, but not turn. Something like a sub menu under bite for feed or turn if that is possible?
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kissamies

You and me both! Shaklin's mod was nice when I had it (my comp's Motherboard and Hard Drive blew a while back), but there was a VERY annoying quirk her's had: The non-Turned Sim ACTED like a Vampire in terms of movement. That kinda jarred me a bit from the illusion they were still "human".

So, I'll add to your listing my request of there being no vampy type behavior out of the sim bitten simply to feed. Also, might want to have it where the vampire can charm their victim, and thereby not lose (or maybe even GAIN relationship!) with the bitten sim, or something to that affect; otherwise said Vampire might have a problem getting meals to walk in the door *Very Evil Grin*

1. If you can't respect another's POV, you have no right to complain when he doesn't respect yours.
2. If you can't tell the difference between Real Life and a Game, seek professional help.
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iceflame1977
You and me both! Shaklin's mod was nice when I had it (my comp's Motherboard and Hard Drive blew a while back), but there was a VERY annoying quirk her's had: The non-Turned Sim ACTED like a Vampire in terms of movement. That kinda jarred me a bit from the illusion they were still "human".

So, I'll add to your listing my request of there being no vampy type behavior out of the sim bitten simply to feed. Also, might want to have it where the vampire can charm their victim, and thereby not lose (or maybe even GAIN relationship!) with the bitten sim, or something to that affect; otherwise said Vampire might have a problem getting meals to walk in the door *Very Evil Grin*

Oooh, I'd so love this too! I really like this mod, biting filling up hunger, but as much as I'd love to use it more, I can't. I hate turning all the city's population into vamps just because my vamp is hungry I would just *love* to death more options for Bite. Charm would be a good idea, too. Maybe make the human slavishly devoted to the vamp?

But that might be difficult, I'd think... Basically, I'd adore more options for Bite if at all possible. In the meantime, I'm loving this bite fills up hunger mod. Thanks muchly for it!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 3:46 PM
Charm could turn any sim to a temporary friend. Using it could cost some aspiration points. If that is not feasible, it could cost some energy instead. It's just that I tend to have more aspiration points than I need. Well, I guess it could also use influence points.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:13 PM
although i have every intention on downloading this (already did in fact), i need to ask if there is a working link to shaklin's mod? every link anyone has given me has been dead and google is the least help of anything in the universe. everyone talks about it but noone seems to be bale to tell me where to find it. o.0
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:56 AM
the energy and hunger does not go down it stays in one spot and never moves
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 3:57 AM
Very cool mod, I do think it makes much more sense this way. I just wish there were the two separate interactions: bite and embrace. Biting could satisfy hunger but not turn the other sim into a vampire, and embracing would turn the sim, but not really do anything about hunger. Oh, and have another interaction of feeding the normal sim some vampire blood and have them turn into a ghoul. With ghouls you could do things like influence them without losing influence points, have all interactions available no matter what the relationship score is ... It would be so cool if someone could do that... I would but I have little to no talent when it comes to modding -_-;
I wonder, does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 4:38 AM
This mod is cool but I have an account to the site with the links you put above but it only says "you do not have permission to access this page" What do I need to do to get past it? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 4:24 PM Last edited by [Black_Spirit] : 27th Oct 2007 at 4:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoXy
Very cool mod, I do think it makes much more sense this way. I just wish there were the two separate interactions: bite and embrace. Biting could satisfy hunger but not turn the other sim into a vampire, and embracing would turn the sim, but not really do anything about hunger. Oh, and have another interaction of feeding the normal sim some vampire blood and have them turn into a ghoul. With ghouls you could do things like influence them without losing influence points, have all interactions available no matter what the relationship score is ... It would be so cool if someone could do that... I would but I have little to no talent when it comes to modding -_-;
I wonder, does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

I'm certainly going to try to separate the "bite neck" into two interactions as you said. ( TRY = I don't know how to create a new social interaction but I can learn ... ).
I think the ghoul is a good idea, I will try to do something about it ... But I don't know which interaction I could clone this from ...
And the ghoul would be cloned from the Zombies from University expansion pack, so it would be required.
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 3:48 PM
Very very awesome work! Thank you for this wonderful download.
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:44 PM
Nice update on the mod. This is something ive been waiting for! Thanks!

~HerraApina
"Sims 24/7"
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Dobydog : 28th Oct 2007 at 11:57 PM.
OH MY GOSH! Thank you so much, sir! I have been looking for something like Shacklin's mod since the day I got Nightlife.
edit: Um, I don't know if this works. It may be because of some other hack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 1:37 PM
What do you mean ? The interaction doesn't appear ?
It is ... annoying cause it perfectly works in my game.
And I don't really know what it may conflict with ...
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 10:18 PM
I dl'd this. i really love the vamps, but they seem to have become very scarce since I installed the Pets EP..I hope I can find one to try this out.*rubs hands together and grins *hehe..
Test Subject
#47 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 5:24 PM
How do you prevent this hack and other vampire hacks from conflicting with the game
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 6:04 AM
Ok, I've just tested this in game. To set this up, what I usually do is make a sim influence the grand vamps to bite my girl when she becomes a teen. It's her birthday present. I summoned one of th gv's getting tired of waiting and what happened is he immediately turned another downtownie into a vamp. It gets better. That new vamp then turned another sim, and so on. The thing is that when the sim (her mother) influenced the gv to bite the teen, she didn't transform. I selected one of the "new" vamps, and had them embrace her. The one thing I did notice afterward is only the embrace option showed on the townies that she didn't know. I did click her mom and both options showed. It was pretty crazy, all the new vamps kept on embracing everyone. I ended up exiting without going home first and hopefully since I went somewhere before, that whole incident didn't get saved. At least the teen was normal when I loaded the home lot. Crosses fingers. I think what needs to be changed is have the bite option always show and the embrace option the other way.
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 1:37 AM Last edited by vinumdimitto : 12th Nov 2007 at 5:27 AM.
This was exactly what I was looking for, though as the poster above said, the "Embrace" attraction is really high. At the moment I am taking it in and out of my game as I want to use it so the entire neighborhood doesn't become vampires.
If you are up to making a version with Embrace NOT being autonomous, that would be fantastic.
Thank you so much for making this!

EDIT: I decided to just leave out the two embrace packages, and it is absolutely perfect. I have more than enough vampires in my game! Thanks you, again!
Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 10:51 AM
I have tested your mod and I like it but...When a vamp gose "Bite Neck" there hunger gose all the way up. >>>
I was woundering if you could make it so that it only gose up an amount so they need to feed meny times? Becouse that would be great!!

So what do you
need me for again?
\

Shut up turtle...

LONG LIVE THE GRILLED CHEESE DEITY!!
Page 2 of 6