Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:11 AM
It's a hair line? As in, a face mask? That's super easy to convert to children, if so. Let me know and I can offer help and advice in doing so.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:47 AM
That sounds good, only I don't have any meshing tools or software. It would be better if someone else would do it Sorry
Field Researcher
#103 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:26 AM
face masks just need body shop, an image editing program (paint shop pro, photoshop, gimp, etc...) and just a really good source pic. No meshing involved...
Scholar
Original Poster
#104 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:58 AM
Seriously? Actually, what is wrong with me? I know how to do this. You don't even have to alter it at all in Photoshop. Jeez! Sorry. I'm so stupid! I could make it myself... but would I use the MJ pic I have for the hairline? Or would I have to "hand-paint" it?
Field Researcher
#105 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 12:48 AM
Up to you. If you can get it from the pic, go for it! Though, you might get better results just trying to do it by hand.
Scholar
Original Poster
#106 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 2:12 AM
Ok, I found some afro hairlines! Should I try them out?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p&t=164337
Instructor
#107 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:28 AM
yea they look great!

*EDIT*
oh and simgirl, are you still doing your KH clothing?! i havent seen it in a while.

Fashion icon Lady GaGa! Now being created. Take a look!
Call me RCob It's much easier. :)

Mah Facebook
Scholar
Original Poster
#108 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:29 AM
So I'll go for it! Ok, I'll update soon enough!
Scholar
#109 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
His face looks really long and flat compared to the photo. It could be because he's smiling really hard, but the Sim you made seems more feminine. Although Jackson might of looked feminine in his last years of life, he actually looked like... a normal boy when he was at the stage you're portraying him in.

I don't know if there is a way to "stretch down" his face, though. I think it would be easier in TS3.

His lips also look too shiny and feminine, but I don't know where you'd find "male lips", haha.
Scholar
Original Poster
#110 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback

But what do you mean by long and flat? As in long in length?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

I am NOT taking requests, sorry! But if you have any suggestions, I will take them!

~Rest in Peace dearest Michael Jackson~
Scholar
#111 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missMSBplayer
Thanks for the feedback

But what do you mean by long and flat? As in long in length?

Yeah, the face shape looks really long. MJ had a short and round face as a little boy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#112 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM
Yeah, I'm going to download those afro hairlines so it'll make it look like he has a shorter face.

Call Me Miss, or MSB

I am NOT taking requests, sorry! But if you have any suggestions, I will take them!

Scholar
Original Poster
#113 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:10 AM
Ok, no afro mask yet, since computer and bodyshop are running quite slow, but here's a new update:

Screenshots

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Scholar
Original Poster
#114 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:48 PM
Any feedback, please?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Forum Resident
#115 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:30 PM
Can't wait to see the hairline! The nose looks great (but, the shiny part is gray instead of white, like the rest of the skin. That should be fixed), though I'd like to see a comparison.

The lips look like lipstick. That should be more natural. If it's the skintone, then use these HP's Lipsticks, the dark set. These should be perfect. :D

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=276093

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Scholar
Original Poster
#116 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:36 PM
Thank you Simalicious! I tried to make my own with the source pic, but it looked too photoshopped.

The nose mask isn't mine, do you think I could try to change the hue/sat.? I would need permission though.

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Field Researcher
#117 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 11:16 PM
That looks good! And yea, change the coloring a little bit.

And, r_cob, yea, but I've been really busy in real life, but I haven't abandoned it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#118 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 11:38 PM
Oooh, and how's the afro going by the way?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Field Researcher
#119 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 11:57 PM
It's going. I'm gonna change the shape a -tiny- bit to make it more like his actual hairstyle. I'm also trying to make it so it only shows in the child age, but that's not coming along very well. I'll give it another try, though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#120 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:05 AM
Wow, you're doing so much, thank you simgirl! I do agree on the hairstyle, Michael's afro was more round than the one you're working on. Could you stretch it down a bit more, since his forehead is looking quite big now? I hope it's not too much to ask

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Forum Resident
#121 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:07 AM
Quote:
The nose mask isn't mine, do you think I could try to change the hue/sat.? I would need permission though.

Ask! By the way, who made it?

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#122 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:37 AM
This is going great! On all of the real pix of Michael, his cheekbones are shining a bit lower, and I think you might need to shape the cheekbones a touch more appley...just a touch. Also, his top lip is way too pointed. Smooth it out more. His bottom lip is much wider in reality. It goes almost straight across, where your sim's is rounded.

Hope that helps! He is soooooo cute *screams like a girl*...wait, I am a girl
Field Researcher
#123 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:42 AM
I planned on bringing it down over his forehead more. And making it more round.

No problem, it's kinda fun actually
Scholar
Original Poster
#124 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:46 AM
Thanks guys! I'll have some updates tonight, but for the next week, I won't be here! I will be gone on a trip. Don't worry, I'll be back next Saturday! Sorry I'll still be on tonight though!

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 3:22 AM
Okeydokey, so I recoloured the nosemask, and lowered it a bit, since the nostrils looked too big before. I also picked my three favourite lips from the HP's collection that I'mSimilicious ever so kindly gave the link to. How does he look?

I think the first lips are the best, since he had a bit of pink in his lips, like so...

And also, the nose mask was created by threehundred, in her policy she says these exact words: Do whatever you want, just give credit where it's due
Screenshots

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good tweaking tips.
Page 5 of 10