Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:48 PM
I don't see anything in SimPE
All these tutorials show theses boxes and stuff and all I see are a bunch of tabs with nothing in them but this box called resource tree. I don't see anything else, I'm trying to make my own career using a blank template and I've opened and clicked and doubled clicked and right clicked on everything but all I see is this:

And nowhere do I see any of the boxes or the pictures in this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=170590

Please help!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM
Try resetting the SimPE layout and see if shows back up.
Go to "Extra" then "Preferences." In the "Preferences" pop-up, go to "SimPE Settings" and click the "reset Layout" button.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 5:13 PM
I tried and it's still the same as before. I'm using the most recent version too. I know the problem is the layout though cause when I first downloaded it, it was fine until I tried to open that up and I messed with it then reset it and now this. Thanks anyways, if you could still try to help that's be great.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 5:57 PM
Site Helper
#5 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:28 PM
If worse comes to worse, you could uninstall SimPE then reinstall it. This should reset everything back.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:39 AM
I get the same screen when I resize SimPE too small. Have you tried maximizing the SimPE window? That should help.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:56 AM
I can't do anything past the neighborhood browser with SimPE. I used it once to change a Sims eye color without a problem, but I can't get it to work now. Not sure if adding custom content is the issue or what.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 12:49 AM
I recently had a similar problem and have found a solution to reset the positions of the windows to their defaults without uninstalling and reinstalling SimPE.

First close SimPE, then open up Windows Explorer and go to your SimPE installation directory, go to the folder 'Data' and delete the following 2 files

layout2.xreg & simpe.layout

These files will be regenerated once you reload SimPE and the windows in SimPE will be in their default locations.

I hope this helps
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Try resetting the SimPE layout and see if shows back up.
Go to "Extra" then "Preferences." In the "Preferences" pop-up, go to "SimPE Settings" and click the "reset Layout" button.

It worked! Thank you so much! :D