Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated! More Monster Guards: Dragon, Ducky and Hippo Defenders

by K9DB Posted 13th Sep 2016 at 2:31 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2020 at 1:45 AM by K9DB

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:15 PM Last edited by K9DB : 28th Mar 2017 at 1:13 AM.
@rena2sweet4u @Mikikitty
Thanks for reporting it, much appreciated, I haven't been able to check it myself in the last few days, will take a look!

K, found the problem. You're good to go...sleep in peace again :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#52 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:02 PM
Thank You
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
Thank You

Ah, Stardust74 again, appreciate it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:52 PM
Thank you for this! It's amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:06 PM
Doing the 100 baby challenge. You may have just saved the kids from an "Extreme Violence" rampage.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natwulf666
Doing the 100 baby challenge. You may have just saved the kids from an "Extreme Violence" rampage.

LOL! Glad to help
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th May 2019 at 3:49 PM
just curious do you need a specific pack for these to work right? I put these on a desk and a dresser and put on watch but they don't do anything when the monster appears. I am using regular non CC beds.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th May 2019 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yonzie
just curious do you need a specific pack for these to work right? I put these on a desk and a dresser and put on watch but they don't do anything when the monster appears. I am using regular non CC beds.

Hi @Yonzie, no, as long as your game is up to date it should work. Did your sims have their power cut maybe? Then you have to turn it back on, twice, even if it says it's on. It still has the "lights" interaction there and it won't be on anymore after the power goes out, just like the lights.
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th May 2019 at 10:05 AM
in my game bills are automated so i never lose power.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 17th May 2019 at 1:30 PM
in my game bills are automated so i never lose power.

Ah, ok. Have you tried it without any other mods? It doesn’t work at all, even if you turn it off and on again?
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th May 2019 at 3:53 PM
still nothing after removing everything and turning it off and on. the guard just sits there doing nothing as the monster appears and wakes the child.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th May 2019 at 5:48 PM
still nothing after removing everything and turning it off and on. the guard just sits there doing nothing as the monster appears and wakes the child.

Hmmm...that’s weird. Does it still say “turn on” when you turn it on? Sometimes you have to turn it on twice. Have you tried changing the bed? It’s possible you have a game glitch. Which bed are you using? Let me test again on my end.
On rare occasion I’ve had the monster appear when it shouldn’t, so I tested without my mod, but it still happens even with the game’s night light, so there might be a bug, possibly with a game’s bed. I’ve never had trouble turning the guard back on though, I’m stumped...
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th May 2019 at 2:17 AM
in the image on the download page it shows the two menu options put on watch and view. mine doesn't show view. the beds i am using are: Princess Cordelia ones.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th May 2019 at 1:17 PM
in the image on the download page it shows the two menu options put on watch and view. mine doesn't show view. the beds i am using are: Princess Cordelia ones.

Hi Yonzie, ok, thanks, I’ll do some testing with those beds. That’s strange...Did you try to re-download the guards? Maybe you have an old version?
Test Subject
#65 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:16 PM
the one that i downloaded from here says it was created on 11-16-18 at 4.37pm
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th May 2019 at 10:39 PM Last edited by K9DB : 20th May 2019 at 11:01 PM.
the one that i downloaded from here says it was created on 11-16-18 at 4.37pm

Hi Yonzie, Oh yeah, I think I removed the "view" option at some point cause it seems pointless, took that pic when I first made them.
Ok, fully tested with all three guards and the bed, but it still works for me? I opened them up and checked them against an older version too, but I can't find anything wrong. Maybe try to remove the mods folder and have the game create a new one? Sometimes it gets corrupt. If that doesn't work I'll send you the older versions I have, maybe one of those works better for you. It shouldn't matter...I don't think...but do you have Get Famous? The only difference I saw when opening up the tuning had something to do with "donating the objects". Is your game patched?
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st May 2019 at 9:43 AM
all i have is the toddler stuff pack, the holiday pack. my game is the digital deluxe one off origin. i assume by patched you mean a cracked version and no.its a fully paid one. and its updated to the freelance update.
Test Subject
#68 Old 21st May 2019 at 9:46 AM
do the guards move or do they just scare the monster from showing up. cause i don't think i have seen a monster under the bed pop up for a while, well since we started all this.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#69 Old 21st May 2019 at 12:53 PM
all i have is the toddler stuff pack, the holiday pack. my game is the digital deluxe one off origin. i assume by patched you mean a cracked version and no.its a fully paid one. and its updated to the freelance update.

Hi Yonzie, I meant updated (patch updated), which you did, so it should be good...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st May 2019 at 12:57 PM
do the guards move or do they just scare the monster from showing up. cause i don't think i have seen a monster under the bed pop up for a while, well since we started all this.

Nope, they don’t move, they just scare it off from showing up. To be sure, you could turn it off, then when the monster appears turn it back on. If the monster disappears it’s working. (It’ll still take the kids a while to calm down though)
Test Subject
#71 Old 21st May 2019 at 7:06 PM
for some reason i thought these chased the monster away. probably is working then. my bad.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 22nd May 2019 at 1:16 AM
for some reason i thought these chased the monster away. probably is working then. my bad.

Ooooh, no, I wish I were that talented. No problem, thanks for letting me know, glad we figured it out
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 1:12 AM Last edited by sadpoetgirl : 19th Jun 2019 at 1:27 AM.
Default Latest Update Disabled Mod?
Hello. Just opened The Sims and it said all my mods were disabled due to the latest update. Are you planning on updating this Mod? I certainly hope so because I freaking HATE the monsters under the bed and LOVE your mod!!!! I am going to try deleting the mod folder like you suggested above and reinstalling and will cross my fingers. Will update if it works. Thank you for creating this Mod -- you are the best!!!

Update: Tried that but it still doesn't work. Please please please fix this as I love your mod
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#74 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sadpoetgirl
Hello. Just opened The Sims and it said all my mods were disabled due to the latest update. Are you planning on updating this Mod? I certainly hope so because I freaking HATE the monsters under the bed and LOVE your mod!!!! I am going to try deleting the mod folder like you suggested above and reinstalling and will cross my fingers. Will update if it works. Thank you for creating this Mod -- you are the best!!!

Update: Tried that but it still doesn't work. Please please please fix this as I love your mod

Hi @sadpoetgirl, aww thanks 😊 The game actually automatically disables all mods when there’s an update (even if the mods you have don’t need an update). You have to go into the settings to turn them back on. When you’re in the main start menu, go to the three dots in the top right corner. Click on “game options”...then “Other”...then put the tick back in the “Enable Custom Content and Mods” box. Click “apply changes” at the bottom. Exit and restart your game. Your mods should now show up again!

As for this mod, they probably changed the “using power” tuning on night lights to accommodate the new “off the grid” lot trait...but I’m almost certain that mine might still work since I’d already removed the “uses power” function. I’ll check to make sure later, but if you want to check it yourself so long, it would be safe to do as well. I’m gonna look at my mods later tonight and update the ones that need it...wish me luck!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 1:09 AM
I did this so you don't have 666 thanks. You can thank me later.
Page 3 of 4