Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 308 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 5:39 PM
Default Can you play Sims 1 in 3D without the need of internet access? and does it now have a save feature?
Hello,
I have been wondering since now it has been a while since FreeSO released their Sims 1 protect of restoring The Sims online, but they also made The Sims 1 in 3D! which I think is absolutely amazing! But I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping will be answered...

So once you setup FreeSO on your computer, (I know you need internet to download all the content/FreeSO), but was wondering if after you download all the stuff required, can you play Sims 1 in 3D offline?

And is there a saving feature now? It's been a while and when they were starting on the project, I knew they didn't have the save feature then, but do they now?

Thankyou!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 6:48 PM
Freeso is no longer a requirement to play Sims 1 in 3d. Just when you want to play Sims 1 Online. What you would need is Simitone which doesn't require internet connection to play. You could get it here. https://github.com/riperiperi/Simitone/releases In its current state it's still buggy,very iffy and picky with certain cc and mods and is very prone to crashing if you have them installed but if you play Sims 1 without any mods and cc and if you have a clean Userdata folder without them installed then it should work okay but even then it's still buggy and could still crash so beware of that. I had read on Discord that the developer is planning on fixing those problems but I hadn't seen a new update since November so I'll might take a couple or so years for it to get at a stable state that is if the developer is willing to still work on it. Sorry for the lengthy post. I get carried away sometimes. About the saving feature I think that Simitone has it now with the more recent updates but I'm not sure because since I play Sims 1 with lots of cc and mods it's not working for me and crashes on the loading screen.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 6:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidconqueror
Freeso is no longer a requirement to play Sims 1 in 3d. Just when you want to play Sims 1 Online. What you would need is Simitone which doesn't require internet connection to play. You could get it here. https://github.com/riperiperi/Simitone/releases In its current state it's still buggy,very iffy and picky with certain cc and mods and is very prone to crashing if you have them installed but if you play Sims 1 without any mods and cc and if you have a clean Userdata folder without them installed then it should work okay but even then it's still buggy and could still crash so beware of that. I had read on Discord that the developer is planning on fixing those problems but I hadn't seen a new update since November so I'll might take a couple or so years for it to get at a stable state that is if the developer is willing to still work on it. Sorry for the lengthy post. I get carried away sometimes. About the saving feature I think that Simitone has it now with the more recent updates but I'm not sure because since I play Sims 1 with lots of cc and mods it's not working for me and crashes on the loading screen.

No, don't be sorry for such a lengthy post! I'd rather read a lengthy post then a 2 minute one with barely any description and no support whatsoever! Thankyou so much!!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
4th Aug 2020 at 12:11 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: spam