Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 1:55 PM Last edited by Savagegrace : 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:28 PM. Reason: Removed EA GAMES from Electronic Arts delete line.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Deleting Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Registry Entries
Greets!

If you're having uninstall and install issues, here is the info for making an uninstall Registry file for the UC.

This "should" remove ALL registry entries pertaining to the UC.

You "will" need to do a full reinstall.

The majority of people shouldn't need this.

However, if you've tried to "move" or "change" Directories it "could" have botched the locations.

As I do not have Origin, I cannot say you should use this.

I believe Origin puts the games into it's own folder.

It's also possible there may be a version or variation I'm unaware of.

Even if you're a new-by, you can bring up regedit.exe and compare with what I've given.

It should also allow you to verify an "Uninstaller" really did the job.

Copy what's between the lines only.

Save as a .txt then change it to .reg and you're good to go!

Good Luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EA GAMES]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP1.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP2.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP3.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP4.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP5.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP6.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP7.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP8.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP9.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP1.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP2.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP4.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP5.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP6.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP7.exe]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP8.exe]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GS