Replies: 8520 (Who?), Viewed: 416117 times.
Page 341 of 341
Mad Poster
#8501 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel_Muroz
I always cheat to fulfill a want when it's clearly a glitch, or unfair. Like if a Sim wants a baby, and they adopt.

Have/Adopt Child Want Fix by TwoJeffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoJeffs
This hack removes the distinction between having or adopting a child as far as wants are concerned. Any sim with a want to adopt that has a baby born will have the adopt want satisfied. Works the other way around as well.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0
Field Researcher
#8502 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:35 AM
This isn't exactly a new discovery, but I was just thinking about it.

I would not be happy without a Community Lot that was a Gay Club. Of course, my gay and bi Sims go to whatever lot they want and have a great time, but in Pleasantview, the Lulu Lounge bans all straight Sims.

Of course, just as I am praising my club where I know my gay Sims can find their love interests, Kea - who lives with elder Gretchen, and Gina Caliente, who has been in a relationship with Lori Carr since high school, have just fallen in love while Alexander Goth is out on a date with his husband. Thanks a lot, ACR
Instructor
#8503 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 4:46 AM
My Lulu Lounge is a gay club too!
Theorist
#8504 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:30 AM Last edited by Essa : 5th Sep 2020 at 9:48 PM.
I discover a new to me fear from a Fortune sim: lacking money. I was more used to the fear of the Repo Man.
Scholar
#8505 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:24 PM
I discovered that a construction crew is stopped in Dodge and have begun construction on a new room addition at the serivce center before heading back east for the winter.
Scholar
#8506 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 7:13 PM
I discovered a mod that I have always wanted, Nopke's Fitness Decay, and it is already having an effect on my play style. Having to find daily workout time for my fitness sims once they have family's and jobs is proving to be incredibly challenging. I just love it. It's amazing sometimes how the simplest thing can really have an impact on your game.
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#8507 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 8:56 PM
@Clashfan I seem to have that mod in real life, is there a real life mod to stop me getting unfit?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Mad Poster
#8508 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:34 PM
When placed in the right context with setting and head/hair choices, the hotel check-in uniforms actually work perfectly well as a quasi-historical military uniform.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#8509 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 7:57 PM
The bottom layer of stone on this wallpaper is at an angle, and it kept confusing me while I built this lot because visually, it makes the ground angled too. Pretty sure I checked the terrain 10 times before I realized.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8510 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 6:31 PM
I discovered that an adult can play tag with a child, and, what's more, they can do it autonomously. I left Karen Stout happily playing tag with her son Sam outside the new house they have just moved into with the rest of their family. Actually none of them has gone into the house yet. They're all playing various games in the street outside.

I hope I've given the house a working front door. I'll be in trouble from Andrew if I haven't. It's a Jones & Moltke new build in Monopolis. (Andrew is MD of the company, but I act as their architect. I have done so ever since d_dgjdhh's Monopoly Game Town contest back in 2016. Andrew is a Virgo and he hates sloppy work.)

By the way, when I was a child, we called it "tig". And, when you were in, you were "het", not "it".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8511 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 7:17 PM
Oh, honey, you were never het! (Short for heterosexual.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#8512 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 9:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
I left Karen Stout happily playing tag with her son Sam outside the new house they have just moved into with the rest of their family. Actually none of them has gone into the house yet. They're all playing various games in the street outside.
Now this family really have their priorities right, make each other happy before all else! Clever sims.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Lab Assistant
#8513 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 1:30 AM
Today I discovered that while vampires are flying as bats, their motives are static.
With this, they aren't as hard to play with as I thought. They can go to work at day time without problem, if you fly to the car, then they are only affected by sunlight for like 1 second until they get inside.
Theorist
#8514 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 12:53 PM
Todd Lortie had sereval wall-mounted fishes. The penguin wandered in his house and tried to jump up to them.
The animation is cute and really well-done. It was funny looking at the penguin trying to fly.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
16th Sep 2020 at 12:34 PM
This message has been deleted by sturlington. Reason: Not a discovery after all.
Scholar
#8515 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:04 AM
I discovered that dogs can chase the mail carrier all over the lot. Never seen that before and this poor woman got chased everywhere. It took me a bit to get the owner to intervene and scold poor Padriac for being so aggressive. He is trained and everything so I'm still surprised he chased her so vehemently.
Alchemist
#8516 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 4:04 PM
I discovered sloppy cooking.

http://prntscr.com/ukj3yo
Scholar
#8517 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashfan
I discovered that dogs can chase the mail carrier all over the lot. Never seen that before and this poor woman got chased everywhere. It took me a bit to get the owner to intervene and scold poor Padriac for being so aggressive. He is trained and everything so I'm still surprised he chased her so vehemently.

Sarah Crittur has always done that, but lately I've noticed other dogs doing the same thing. At one point, Sarah and Danny (who's usually very placid) joined forces and had the mail carrier trapped in the far corner of the lot. If the mail isn't delivered by 11 am, I delete the carrier - no bills for my Sims that day, because the dogs saw off the carrier! (This is on the Highway, where 'bills' represent pilferage and rodent damage, so the dogs seeing off the 'offender' makes sense.)
Space Pony
#8518 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:13 PM
There's some sort of "bride's maid" feature built into the game, or at least I think there is because when organizing Juliet and Romeo's disaster wedding Hermia went up to her sister with this weird flower in her hand. She didn't actually do anything because she was having routing issues (I'm guessing because I was using a wedding mat and a bunch of connecting columns), but now I'm morbidly curious as to what is this supposed to be. Hopefully she's gonna want a backyard wedding so that I can properly see what's this thing supposed to be
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8519 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
There's some sort of "bride's maid" feature built into the game, or at least I think there is because when organizing Juliet and Romeo's disaster wedding Hermia went up to her sister with this weird flower in her hand. She didn't actually do anything because she was having routing issues (I'm guessing because I was using a wedding mat and a bunch of connecting columns), but now I'm morbidly curious as to what is this supposed to be. Hopefully she's gonna want a backyard wedding so that I can properly see what's this thing supposed to be

Chris Hatch's wedding mat? It has a bridesmaid and flower girl feature built in.
Space Pony
#8520 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Chris Hatch's wedding mat? It has a bridesmaid and flower girl feature built in.

It does? Is it a documented thing, or something I'm supposed to find out myself/from others?
Mad Poster
#8521 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
It does? Is it a documented thing, or something I'm supposed to find out myself/from others?

It was documented, but the documentation may have been lost.

The original purpose of the wedding mat was to be able to have wedding arches that aren't as 'in your face' from neighbourhood view. I also added slots for and ability to have bridesmaids, if there is any female sims on the lot that are either a sister or child to one of the happy couple then they will be invited to be a bridesmaid. The bridesmaids can be any age from toddler (with walking skill) to elder. They will change into formal so I included a formal toddler outfit in the package incase you don't have one.
Page 341 of 341