4 people viewing
Replies: 24982 (Who?), Viewed: 676938 times.
Page 973 of 1000
Instructor
#24301 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 1:04 AM
If a sims was living in a lot and I removed/deconstructed the house sold all items, put the sim in the sim bin, can I delete the now empty lot, or are there any extra steps?
Theorist
#24302 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief Managed
If a sims was living in a lot and I removed/deconstructed the house sold all items, put the sim in the sim bin, can I delete the now empty lot, or are there any extra steps?

I believe lots can be safely deleted without having to be deconstructed first. I do it all the time when testing different versions of a lot.

It's the sim you have to be careful of. Don't move them to a different neighbourhood.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#24303 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 3:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
A puzzle I can't figure out--I'm hoping someone might have some ideas.

I'm playing the Curious boys house. I haven't done anything to the bizarre terrain outside, if you're familiar with it. My oldest child had no troubles navigating it and getting to the school bus, but my middle child just grew up and she gets stuck going to the school bus. It's like she can't climb the little hill up to the street. I can't flatten the whole terrain because the house itself is set at below street level, so I'm not sure what to do here. I'm also not sure why she gets stuck when no one else does. Any ideas?

Edit: She somehow teleported herself onto the school bus but now when she gets home, she gets stuck again and can't get in the house. She brought a friend home who had no problems.

=====
I've had the same problem, don't remember if was a child or another age. Are some sims stupid? clumsy?

Namaste... or "go"
Top Secret Researcher
#24304 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 3:57 AM
Just to clarify here - the top row of outfits in this screenshot are the sewing-machine exclusive outfits at the silver badge level, correct? Are there any other exclusive outfits at this badge level? I checked around and didn't see anything else I didn't recognize. I know there are supposed to be customizable outfits for every age/gender at the gold badge level, but I am not there yet.

Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24305 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 5:35 AM
Either that or shop items.

The gold badge level outfits are... >gag< pretty much. They need some kind of defulting badly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#24306 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 11:16 AM
Yeah those are the sewing-machine exclusive outfits.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#24307 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:13 PM
I took my Sims on a casual outing and everyone was giving friendly hugs like crazy. A lot of the people within the group are good friends so it made sense, but there were Sims who hardly knew each other hugging - and from my experience if you have a daily relationship 40ish or below, friendly hugs are hardly accepted. Was it an outing thing that made my Sims super friendly and willing to accept hugs from strangers? Or was it ACR? I'm fairly new to ACR and I don't think my outings in the past have had as many hugs. When I scrolled over the queued action it just said "Receive Friendly Hug," not "ACR Friendly Hug"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24308 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBoo8
I took my Sims on a casual outing and everyone was giving friendly hugs like crazy. A lot of the people within the group are good friends so it made sense, but there were Sims who hardly knew each other hugging - and from my experience if you have a daily relationship 40ish or below, friendly hugs are hardly accepted. Was it an outing thing that made my Sims super friendly and willing to accept hugs from strangers? Or was it ACR? I'm fairly new to ACR and I don't think my outings in the past have had as many hugs. When I scrolled over the queued action it just said "Receive Friendly Hug," not "ACR Friendly Hug"

Do you have No Sim Loaded to prevent the Super Duper Hug, because it sounds like it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#24309 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:42 PM
No, I don't! I just noticed the Super Duper Hug for the first time yesterday. I'll have to get that. Thank you!
Instructor
#24310 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Just to clarify here - the top row of outfits in this screenshot are the sewing-machine exclusive outfits at the silver badge level, correct? Are there any other exclusive outfits at this badge level? I checked around and didn't see anything else I didn't recognize. I know there are supposed to be customizable outfits for every age/gender at the gold badge level, but I am not there yet.

I never realized until this moment that those are sewing machine exclusive outfits. I always thought they were some weird hidden CC that were glitched and only came up on the sewing machine instead of CAS.
Theorist
#24311 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 3:47 PM
Does anyone know a painting that has a transparent background already? I want to recolor with a texture that should look like it has torn, uneven edges, preferably 1x2 but the paintings I've cloned so far have opaque backgrounds even if my texture does not. I can just keep cloning and looking, but thought I'd ask if there's a better solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77

The gold badge level outfits are... >gag< pretty much. They need some kind of defaulting badly.

You must be a much better seamstress than I am.
Mad Poster
#24312 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 3:58 PM
@Sunrader, I guess it depends what kind of painting you're making. If you find a flat poster mesh, that would probably work best. Transparent textures work on most flat meshes (not box-shaped, that usually looks weird, and if you want it to work in layers of some sort you may need a custom mesh),. Set the "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" in the TXMT to "1", and use a PNG with transparent/torn edges, and then import the texture using the Nvidia DDS tool with DXT3 or DXT5, with "sharpen" set to "none" (DXT3 handles alphas, DXT5 handles alpha + transparency).

It doesn't matter if the original has an opaque background - if the mesh looks fine for what you have in mind, you can easily make it work this way. It's also how you can make alpha-enabled items (leaves, flowers, etc.) or invisible recolors.
Theorist
#24313 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 4:37 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 15th Jul 2020 at 5:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
@Sunrader, I guess it depends what kind of painting you're making. If you find a flat poster mesh, that would probably work best. Transparent textures work on most flat meshes (not box-shaped, that usually looks weird, and if you want it to work in layers of some sort you may need a custom mesh),. Set the "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" in the TXMT to "1", and use a PNG with transparent/torn edges, and then import the texture using the Nvidia DDS tool with DXT3 or DXT5, with "sharpen" set to "none" (DXT3 handles alphas, DXT5 handles alpha + transparency).

It doesn't matter if the original has an opaque background - if the mesh looks fine for what you have in mind, you can easily make it work this way. It's also how you can make alpha-enabled items (leaves, flowers, etc.) or invisible recolors.

Hmmm, I used one that is flat, I thought. I was using the "U R there, We are here" poster, and I gave the texture the transparency, but in the game, it had a white background anyway. I'll check the TXMT setting in your comment and see what I can come up with. Thanks.

EDIT: It works now, thank you! I think it was that TXMT setting I didn't know about. Now I'm looking into that shadow. It looks ok in this context but I might want it to disappear, too.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24314 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:14 PM
For the shadow, the best thing would probably be to clone the item and remove the shadow mesh. I don't think you can remove the shadow in a recolor.
Top Secret Researcher
#24315 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:48 PM
So my modular stairs go through the floor unless I'm using the open underneath version. Is that normal and I just forgot? I attached a picture to show what I mean. I have stairs on the second floor from a stage and even though there's ceiling and floor underneath the stairs, it falls through. Unless, like I said, I use a cc, open underneath version.
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Mad Poster
#24316 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
So my modular stairs go through the floor unless I'm using the open underneath version. Is that normal and I just forgot? I attached a picture to show what I mean. I have stairs on the second floor from a stage and even though there's ceiling and floor underneath the stairs, it falls through. Unless, like I said, I use a cc, open underneath version.

Frustratingly, yes, this is normal. With modular stairs, each stair unit is a full floor in height (except for the modern ones that don't extend down), so it can cause irritating visuals like that if you don't have a way of hiding it. (this is why I usually use standalone staircases in skyscrapers, for instance)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#24317 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 7:03 PM
Thanks, Zarathustra. I didn't remember having an issue with this, so I thought maybe some cc I installed messed with things. But it's probably just that I'm not used to taking pictures.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#24318 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight

That's why I can't build withOUT CC stairs. I can't stand that solid mass of ugly! *sheesh* Why did they program/mesh it like that - huh, EA? Why?
BTW - Sims will walk right through that solid mass of ugly - just like it's not even there. Go figure.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#24319 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:37 PM
Agreed! That's why I was convinced that I must've borked my game somehow, because I'm like, surely they didn't design stairs this way? But of course, it's Maxis--they either designed it that way or broke it themselves. I'm also a little miffed at the way the corners eat everything in this game. I just went into a house to do some final touch ups and noticed how this door and window in the bathroom are bleeding into each other. Who designs that? Or who designs that and then leaves it that way? Ugh.

Instructor
#24320 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 12:41 AM
I only ever see the modular stairs bleeding through in hood view on lot impostors if the stairs are against an exterior wall of the building, not during game play. Maybe I have a fix I don't know about?
Mad Poster
#24321 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
I only ever see the modular stairs bleeding through in hood view on lot impostors if the stairs are against an exterior wall of the building, not during game play. Maybe I have a fix I don't know about?

In good view, that sounds right... They're generally well hidden if they're more than one tile away from the outside wall of a lot imposter. If you look from lot view though, you'll always see a full 16-click high stair from modular staircases, unless you have a mod or use the few modularstairs that are designed to be open underneath.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#24322 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 11:30 AM
Is there some sort of routing issue in relation to these asphalt floor tiles? My sims always seem to go around these huge parking lots in front of community lot buildings like these instead of through them, and I don't understand why...
Screenshots
Instructor
DELETED POST
16th Jul 2020 at 4:01 PM
This message has been deleted by Mischief Managed. Reason: figured it out
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#24323 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 4:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Is there some sort of routing issue in relation to these asphalt floor tiles? My sims always seem to go around these huge parking lots in front of community lot buildings like these instead of through them, and I don't understand why...

There is a routingcost value in floors, and these are set high. If you enable these in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\floorPatterns.txt they have a much lower routing cost and are free.
Mad Poster
#24324 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 4:47 PM
Does the Sim Manipulator "delete" function cause corruption? Been tempted to use it on Sims but I'm afraid to because of the way its worded.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Scholar
#24325 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 6:36 PM
No, it just removes a Sim from the lot. Refer to the Sim Manipulator documentation:
https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator

DJ. who?
"What do you have to be nervous about? You're someone on the internet." -A.M.R.
Page 973 of 1000