Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#201 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:11 PM
Too bad...

Time to decorate.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Well, when I posted, AFTER the entry, the deadline was still open, according to the post, and there wasn't anything about maximum people. Guess I am not in the right clique.....

I flat don't have time at this stage in my life for this sort of thing. A deadline was set, and changing it later is changing the rules. It's flat out rude, too. But, hey, forget it.

There has been a maximum limit of 20 participants for several days, it started as 15 and actually got increased. You were the 21st person to post an application, you missed out this time, it's unfortunate and we're sorry - but no rules have been broken on the host's part. It has nothing to do with 'cliques' or anything like that. You missed out, it sucks, but the limit WAS there. And if you read back through the thread you will probably find mention of the 15 then 20 participant limit in some of Jones's posts.
The deadline was only cut short by a day because the participant limit was reached and therefore not much point waiting another day.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
And we are full!!! Welcome, xXxDayDreamerxXx! You are only allowed 8 pics, and can you please put your pics in-line as well?

Since we are full, I assume I'm allowed to end the application round before Saturday...

LadyGreenEyes this post was 9 up from your entry. It clearly states that all spots had been filled. Sorry you feel it was unfair, but I believe it was pretty clear. The deadline was 20 contestants OR Saturday night if 20 was not reached first.
Field Researcher
#204 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
There has been a maximum limit of 20 participants for several days, it started as 15 and actually got increased. You were the 21st person to post an application, you missed out this time, it's unfortunate and we're sorry - but no rules have been broken on the host's part. It has nothing to do with 'cliques' or anything like that. You missed out, it sucks, but the limit WAS there. And if you read back through the thread you will probably find mention of the 15 then 20 participant limit in some of Jones's posts.
The deadline was only cut short by a day because the participant limit was reached and therefore not much point waiting another day.

When I read the initial post, after 2AM this morning, it stated a deadline of midnight (minute before, technically) tonight, and the only mention of numbers of people was that at least ten were hoped for. That post was still there after I added mine. It changed later, after I read through the rest of the posts. I didn't look at all of the comments before posting mine; didn't figure I would have to, since the rules seemed clear in the initial one. I would not have posted had the first post stated it was already closed. But whatever. I just spent all night decorating a house for nothing, lost sleep, no big deal. Damn right it sucks, in more ways than one. Doesn't matter, though. I won't bother again.
Field Researcher
#205 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:40 PM
The rules were clear enough, yes? So that's why you changed the walls of the property?

We don't want to fight with you, but in all honesty, if you were able to miss the important rule of not changing the walls, then perhaps you missed the bit about 20 participants?

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#206 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:51 PM
I thought you all might like a post with feedback on your applications. No score, just feedback I'm not requiring it of the other judges, but if you'd like to do so, feel free to PM me some. Obviously if you don't they'll know it's from me, unlike in the other rounds where we'll just be numbers Although my over abundant use of smileys may give me away anyway, lol.

Also, if everyone could take the "join now" part out of their siggys that would be great. You can leave a link like I did if you want to say something like "view my entry" and link it to your application.
Field Researcher
#207 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:54 PM
LadyGreenEyes there nothing that can be done, either spending the night decorating the house or not. The 20 first to come get in, that rule was up since Thursday. Even if the contest would start in Saturday, you would still be the 21st applicant.

Something in topic now, are we allowed to change a door with an arch?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#208 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:56 PM
I would say yes, MAB. Still a door, sort of . As long as it's the same tiles, that's fine.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:56 PM
Good Morning to all my lovely new friends!

So, we have a new house and the first round has begun!!! So exciting!!! I would like to wish all of you a lovely time in the decorating and less frustrating time in keeping in budget. I have re-done this house about 70 times in the year I have been playing and to be honest, I have no clue as to what to do. lol May your home and family bring you happiness. My first simmie in this house was my very first sim ever, Her name was Wynter Angelis. Strange to be placing in someone different. I look forward to having a blast with all of you!!! Good luck friends!!! And now, we decorate!!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#210 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:04 PM
And of course we are starting today >.< I *just* left to visit my parents for a long weekend and I'm away from my sims game and downloads folder. jones, would you mind posting a few top down pictures of what the inside of that house looks like now so I can at least think of a plan? Pretty please?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#211 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:21 PM
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#212 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:32 PM
Thanks a bunch for posting the pics for Phae, HL! And yes you can do anything you want with fences. You can completely remove them if you like. Taking down a fence or adding one isn't really a structural change I think of fences as more of a decorative thing (often with a practical purpose I know, lol)

I hope to see some lovely remakes of this house, as I despise this little "set" of houses! lol! I think they are odd and don't really fit in Pleasantview, style-wise. Why would there be a group of modern, "beach house-ish, but not really, I don't know what the heck they are" houses in this little suburban feeling hood? I just have to really shake my head at EAxis for these ones
Field Researcher
#213 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 5:22 PM
I think I tried to use this property for one of my first sim families too...but gave up and moved them back out didn't work or suit them ultimately!
What REALLY bugs me about this one is that long corridor upstairs...there's no purpose to it and the tiles would've been better included in the room on the right...

Lab Assistant
#214 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 5:45 PM
I will be a bit late bt surely come wid atleast good one
Test Subject
#215 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM
I have a quick question about the "choose your family wisely." Will the houses that we're given have a minimum of 2 rooms, or will we be getting some 1 bedroom houses? If you can't answer that's fine, it's just that I'm still trying to decide who I want to live in 30 (can't remember the name of the street lol).

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 6:23 PM
I'm already working on my entry I really love those lots from Pleasantview. I've remade all of them in my custom neighborhood, added new floors and lots of things that would be against the rules here, and they are looking really good nowadays.

Can I make a silly question? This came to me as I started working on this lot: can we move or remove the original trees from the lot? I got a feeling that that palm tree, in that place, won't look good in my main picture
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 6:24 PM
trin250, in theory, any of the families can fit in any of the homes (meaning at least 2 bedrooms for all).

lipe2k, you can do whatever you wish with the flora
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 8:21 PM Last edited by lipe2k : 13th Oct 2012 at 1:04 AM.
Default Lipe2k - Round 1 Entry
Guess I'll be the first again I've chosen the Gardener family. I wanted the house to look a bit more urban and less Pleasantview, in order to create a contrast with the flowers Rose love so much.

I'll use a spoiler tag to avoid cluttering the thread!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#219 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 8:35 PM
Nice way to kick off round 1, lipe2k! And thanks for editing your siggy link :D
Field Researcher
#220 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 8:36 PM
Now that's a transformation! *Is keeping any other comments about the entries for the feedback at the end of the round*

Well done lipe2k, you can go take a week-long break now

Lab Assistant
#221 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
Default 30 LakeSide Drive Makeover
I have use the Mason family with the total budget of $50000

Lab Assistant
#222 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 9:47 PM
Could someone tell me how to create a spoiler tag for my house when I post it? I think it's a good idea because it won't eat up the entire page.
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 9:49 PM
Wow 1st already on a glance. Nice to see everyone is committed as a group..
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucia940
Could someone tell me how to create a spoiler tag for my house when I post it? I think it's a good idea because it won't eat up the entire page.

Just type [ spoiler ] without the blank spaces before the pictures and close it with [ /spoiler ] after the pictures, without the spaces too :D
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 13th Oct 2012 at 2:37 AM.
Thank you lipe2k so much for the information! I will try it. :-) Also, you have some fantastic CC! Just beautiful!!

I have an idea that won't change the contest too much or even at all, but I was thinking..... Do you think it may be easier for the judges to judge each entry if we take a photo of the house as it is before we do anything and then post our photo's? The reason I am wondering this is that they would have a clear view of the way the integrity of the house is and will not have to leave the house they are judging to check. I thought this may be easier for them. Just a thought.

Edit: This was only an idea to make things easier. I'm glad it wasn't needed. I am just trying I suppose to be helpful. I have decorated this house we are doing in round 1 several times, but it was when I first began the game. I am waiting for my muse to kick me in the shins and send me reeling in pain to Pleasantview so I can get it done.... again.

Page 9 of 45